Not open for further replies.

Tresbon

Reaction score
Country
China
2 Chinese citizens held in deadly Istanbul nightclub attack
Associated Press
January 14, 2017

BASEL, Switzerland (AP) — A Turkish court has remanded in custody two Chinese citizens over their alleged links to a deadly gun attack on an Istanbul nightclub.

In a report Friday, Turkey's state-run Anadolu Agency named the two suspects as Omar Asim and Abuliezi Abuduhamiti. They are accused of membership in an "armed terror organization" and of assisting in 39 counts of first-degree murder.

A gunman killed 39 people at Istanbul's Reina nightclub, a swanky venue by the Bosporus where scores of people had gathered to celebrate the New Year.

The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility, saying the attack was in reprisal for Turkish military operations in northern Syria.

Last week, a Turkish official said the gunman was probably from China's Muslim Uighur minority.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/2-chinese-citizens-held-deadly-istanbul-nightclub-attack-204405617.html

kinsman helps kinsman
亲人帮亲人

If the accusation is proven, they are not kinsman (亲人) but terrorists and should be treated as such.

The world is much better off without these terrorist scums.

I never expected that a Chinese could be involved in a terror attack. Seem ISIS is spreading its tentacles into China

If the accusation is proven, they are not kinsman (亲人) but terrorists and should be treated as such.

The world is much better off without these terrorist scums.

Kinsmanship definitely plays a huge role. What is even important, however, is co-religionism. Turkey's present government can be considered a sponsor of terrorism, as has been proven by the active role it played in fake passports scheme that involved Turkish officials in their embassy in China.

Now the outflow of extreme religious fanatics and terrorists (their number is quite small) from China is a welcome news. Russia, too, seems to be not much bothered by the outflow of terrorists from the Caucasus region into Syria via Turkey.

This may explain why Beijing and Moscow have remained relatively silent as thousands of jihadists flocked to Syria via Turkey. What these governments are more careful about is to make sure that those terrorists are unable to come back.

In fact, a person from China and Russia that went to Turkey and stayed there couple of months will practically have zero chance to come back, except illegal border crossing. This also explains China's increased efforts to strengthen border control and anti-terrorism units.

I myself have conducted a research on Turkey's (in mostly civilian capacity supported behind the scene by the present government) involvement in Xinjiang radicalism and terrorism, relying on factual data. I noticed that Chinese officials are quite aware of what is going on and who are the puppets and who are the puppet masters.

I never expected that a Chinese could be involved in a terror attack. Seem ISIS is spreading its tentacles into China

Expect the unexpected. Once they leave China on fake passports, join the holy war in Syria and spent several years there, they are as much Chinese as they are Gandhi.

These terrorists in Turkey are always foreigners. What a surprise.

And, please, don't forget China's role in this development. Hstorically Uigurs never were radical Islamists. They now tend to be radical thanks to China's radical oppressive policies towards Uigurs. Same happened in Chechnya before.

Kinsmanship definitely plays a huge role. What is even important, however, is co-religionism. Turkey's present government can be considered a sponsor of terrorism, as has been proven by the active role it played in fake passports scheme that involved Turkish officials in their embassy in China.

Now the outflow of extreme religious fanatics and terrorists (their number is quite small) from China is a welcome news. Russia, too, seems to be not much bothered by the outflow of terrorists from the Caucasus region into Syria via Turkey.

This may explain why Beijing and Moscow have remained relatively silent as thousands of jihadists flocked to Syria via Turkey. What these governments are more careful about is to make sure that those terrorists are unable to come back.

In fact, a person from China and Russia that went to Turkey and stayed there couple of months will practically have zero chance to come back, except illegal border crossing. This also explains China's increased efforts to strengthen border control and anti-terrorism units.

I myself have conducted a research on Turkey's (in mostly civilian capacity supported behind the scene by the present government) involvement in Xinjiang radicalism and terrorism, relying on factual data. I noticed that Chinese officials are quite aware of what is going on and who are the puppets and who are the puppet masters.

Expect the unexpected. Once they leave China on fake passports, join the holy war in Syria and spent several years there, they are as much Chinese as they are Gandhi.

Only hope Chinese government deal with terrorism with iron fist.

And, please, don't forget China's role in this development. Hstorically Uigurs never were radical Islamists. They now tend to be radical thanks to China's radical oppressive policies towards Uigurs. Same happened in Chechnya before.

They are war hardened terrorists and Turkey's misfortune is to be just next to one of the largest terrorist hotbeds, which Turkish government's own policies also contributed to.

This does not mean that Turkey does not have ISIS sympathizers. Some research says about 8-10 percent of Turkey population support ISIS. You have no guarantee that they will not start creating troubles, which I do not wish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_National_Intelligence_Organisation_scandal_in_Turkey

China's role is to provide 10% growth, ensure secular education, and build world class infrastructure so that Xinjiang becomes the trade hub of the Belt and Road, connecting East Asia with Western Europe. No wonder there are now 16 rail lines going through Xinjiang all the way to Western Europe through Central Asia, Russia, and Eastern Europe.

East Turkestan Liberation Organization
The organization was established in Turkey in 1990 or 1996 to fight against the Chinese government in Xinjiang, a territory in which no ethnicity forms a majority, but is inhabited in order of most populous to least by Uyghur, Han Chinese, Kazakh and other Turkic communities. ETLO is a designated terrorist organization by the governments of China and Kazakhstan.

We want them back but Turkey refused and keeps supporting them, see what those people gave back to Turkey now.

Only hope Chinese government deal with terrorism with iron fist.

Interestingly, since the start of the Syrian Civil War, terrorism incident both in Russia's Caucasus and China's Xinjiang have declined to almost zero.

I feel for the Syrians and I support China's support of the legitimate Assad government in Syria, but, one practically and pragmatically welcome result of the Syrian War has been the canalization of terrorists into a certain location (a state who claims to represent the Muslim, ISIS), which allows for total annihilation.

We want them back but Turkey refused and keeps supporting them, see what those people gave back to Turkey now.

Turkey has tens of thousands of Uighurs, mostly left China illegally. That's not necessarily bad and China would not like them back. In fact, it would be much better if Turkey gave them citizenship and assimilated them. After all, wasn't this all they had dreamt about?

Those entirely radicalized people have no place in Chinese society, be it in Xinjiang or elsewhere. They cannot be reasoned with.

It is said that the most dangerous terrorists in Syria have been those that come from Xinjiang and Russia's Caucasus. They tend to be more violent. In Turkey's case, the terrorist new year killer is not from Xinjiang. The word is that those who assisted him are from Xinjiang.

Haha, the few posters above are trying to insinuate that China is now a terrorism-sponsoring state.

Hahaha ya right.

Yeah, because China is well known for supporting Islamic extremism right? :rolleyes:

Why didn't you hand these Uyghurs back to China when we asked for them? Did you think that just because they are Turkic that they could not possibly be terrorists?

Why didn't you hand these Uyghurs back to China when we asked for them? Did you think that just because they are Turkic that they could not possibly be terrorists?
Im sure you remember what i posted about the ''ninjas'' coming from China to my country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom