What's new

2 Army Pilots Killed In Helicopter Crash In J&K's Udhampur

India has 1.5 billion people but our defence budget is meagre. We see people die on roads in front of our eyes every day. People neither are afraid nor moved by death in India. For many people in India death is a relief. The soul of the dead pilots may be happy as the money given as compensation may help their families. A live pilot can never deliver such money to their families.

I am really surprised to see such kind of Indians, just started to pop-up. Wow. I mean you guys don't even think about the grieving family for once. What kind of indoctrination is taking place man. It's just worrisome to have a neighbour as such. If death is relief, why to care about compensation? And is they are paid low, why the tall claims and all that bravado by towing Modi warmongering? Or if they are that much in need of money; is that the reason for suicide or turning a casualty case into suicide to avoid compensation? You both on this thread have truly spoken the real mindset. Bravo

So according to some Bhaktora Indians- there is actual monetary value to a pilot as less than that of hardware?
So two humans, with likely 30 years of professional experience between them along with families are ok to be lost so long as the equipment involved was old or cheap?

Not to mention, the actual monetary value of training imparted to these individuals along with experience built on flight hours and their future value well beyond a crappy Chetak.

This is what I point out as the overall moral degradation happening in India which is really the result of the last 7-8 years of these extremist ideology. Far from progress - when you go from a socially and morally responsible nation to one where its all about money and power without the balance, you provide exactly what your enemies are looking for.

So according to some Bhaktora Indians- there is actual monetary value to a pilot as less than that of hardware?
So two humans, with likely 30 years of professional experience between them along with families are ok to be lost so long as the equipment involved was old or cheap?

Not to mention, the actual monetary value of training imparted to these individuals along with experience built on flight hours and their future value well beyond a crappy Chetak.

This is what I point out as the overall moral degradation happening in India which is really the result of the last 7-8 years of these extremist ideology. Far from progress - when you go from a socially and morally responsible nation to one where its all about money and power without the balance, you provide exactly what your enemies are looking for.
I mean they will not say the same if Modi dies tomorrow. They will cry and mourn as their only hero/saviour in last 1000 year has left.
Otherwise I guess, out of 1.5 billion people, they can replace anyone of Modi calibre. But for pilots, they have different criteria.
I assume, it is stemming from caste system? May be the 'defenders of choppers' are from upper caste who thinks that Khastriya and lower are serving their Dharma, and are expendable.

Last edited:

Visuals shared on social media showed the wrecked helicopter, a Cheetah, on a hillside and locals trying to pull out the pilots.

All India Reported by Nazir Masoodi, Edited by Ridhima Shukla
Updated : September 21, 2021 3:21 pm IST

Two pilots were killed after an army helicopter crashed on the hills near Patnitop in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir today.
Officials said the pilots of the Army Aviation helicopter were critically injured when it crashed. They were rescued by locals and rushed to hospital where doctors declared them brought dead.

Both the pilots were Major-rank officers, a senior army officer said. "We shifted them to hospital but unfortunately both lost their lives" the official added.

uh oh, more "accidents" attributed to pilot error and therefore no retirement benefits to the families comin' right up!

Other lives depending on them will be compensated. I am confident that the dead souls would be happy that they died to help their families.

No. Life is not important than anything else. I will die in a heartbeat if someone is going to offer 1 crore to my family if I die.
Can you compensate for the presence of a father figure?

Can you compensate for a parental figure teaching your kid how to ride a bike?

Can you compensate for a parental figure not being at a high school/college/university graduation?

Can you compensate for a parental figure not being there at your wedding day?

Can you compensate for a parental figure not being there to hold your first child? Their grand child?

Whatever value you place on that with INR or PKR or USD or Bitcoin will NEVER be enough, especially that provided by GOI.

When you are a parent, a son, a husband, YOU solely are responsible to ensure that you are there in all aspects of the people's lives you are responsible for. There is no monetary value big enough for that.

I mean they will not say the same if Modi dies tomorrow. They will cry and mourn as their only hero/saviour in last 1000 year has left.
Otherwise I guess, out of 1.5 billion people, they can replace anyone of Modi calibre. But for pilots, they have different criteria.
I assume, it is stemming from caste system? May be the 'defenders of choppers' are from upper caste who thinks that Khastriya and lower are serving their Dharma, and are expendable.

I don't think that Modi belongs to some high caste of Hindus.

uh oh, more "accidents" attributed to pilot error and therefore no retirement benefits to the families comin' right up!

It is all fine to attribute such losses to anything but truth. Just yesterday, Indian Army was conducting a so-called Op in the name of biggest infiltration in IOJ&K. It wouldn't be wrong to assume that this heli was shot down. The reason why particular kind of Bakhts especially 2 with almost similar IDs have to divert from topic towards petty issues and even blaming the Professionals and equipment.

Visuals shared on social media showed the wrecked helicopter, a Cheetah, on a hillside and locals trying to pull out the pilots.

All India Reported by Nazir Masoodi, Edited by Ridhima Shukla
Updated : September 21, 2021 3:21 pm IST

Two pilots were killed after an army helicopter crashed on the hills near Patnitop in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir today.
Officials said the pilots of the Army Aviation helicopter were critically injured when it crashed. They were rescued by locals and rushed to hospital where doctors declared them brought dead.

Both the pilots were Major-rank officers, a senior army officer said. "We shifted them to hospital but unfortunately both lost their lives" the official added.

2 got Faqeeer Gadi ☹

It is all fine to attribute such losses to anything but truth. Just yesterday, Indian Army was conducting a so-called Op in the name of biggest infiltration in IOJ&K. It wouldn't be wrong to assume that this heli was shot down. The reason why particular kind of Bakhts especially 2 with almost similar IDs have to divert from topic towards petty issues and even blaming the Professionals and equipment.
It is very possible - also makes me wonder why send two experienced pilots on this “OP” - a major and a lt would be fine unless its a morale or senior officer prerogative.

Finally, it’s likely that the Chetak just had a technical issue and the mountains aren’t very friendly crash zones.

Very sad news concerning pilots.

But the silver lining is that it was a 40 year old cheap Cheetah chopper and not a valuable helicopter like Rudra, Mi-17, Dhruv etc.

Embaressing that is one of the first thoughts that came into your head, I would delete this post.
Interestingly, PA is also flying SA135B Lama since 1986.

Note that Cheetah is Indian version of SA135B Lama.

Phased out and replaced with French chopper now

I don’t log in often any more but I had to. I never thought a day would come when I’d read Pakistanis giving condolences to Indian armed forces casualties, while Indians (allegedly) are talking absolute inhumane crap around the deaths of their own warriors.

To the Indian forummers who are talking crap - you shame all of us though such words.

To the Pakistani forummers who have behaved so well- thank you.

To the armed forces personnel who died - we are eternally grateful for your sacrifice.

Om Shanti, Inna Lillahi wa Inna Illahi Raaji’oon, Rest In Peace.

Back
Top Bottom