What's new

12 dead and 14 hurt in cross-border Afghan shelling in Chaman

IRANI foreign minister Zarif in Kabul after departing from Pakistan. Trying to put some sense in Ghani's head.

Afghan Gov admitted they don't have 50% of Area not under control stated by Ayaz sadiq.
Taliban making massive gains in a single day. Ghani is feeling the heat.
No. This is not going to achieve anything Ghani sold himself to the indians at a exceptionally low cost. I still maintain what I said earlier this year we have NO option other than to get a intervention similar to how Turkey made a buffer with Syria.

These attack will happen again mark my words.

you can patrol your own territory after cease fire... and make videos... afghans are good at that...
video shows them outside the village not inside

And when this bombardment took place? Same day or this passed night? If they claimed same day this this is bullshit as i shared a video after the end of fight 2 days ago

All tribes living in the border area are Pak citizens...their kin who lives on the other side is per default Pak citizens.

The only long term solution is to accord citizenship to the kin of Pak citizens along the border.

These tribals know how to fight the indian proxies... Pak FC and Army can provide them heavy armour/firepower support if/when needed.

It is time to turn this tragedy and betrayal into Blessing!

In the long term it solves many things... Pak Pathans are fiercely loyal to Pak and so are their kin on the otherside of the border.

Declare these tribes Pak Citizens and see how quickly these paid thugs run North.

Troubles are not over... I fear troubles are only starting.
The troublemakers are acting in coordinated fashion.

Don't let the eyes off Kashmiris and Kashmir.

Remain Safe. Remain Blessed!

No. This is not going to achieve anything Ghani sold himself to the indians at a exceptionally low cost. I still maintain what I said earlier this year we have NO option other than to get a intervention similar to how Turkey made a buffer with Syria.

These attack will happen again mark my words.
Every one knows these attacks are going to happen that is why we are going to make 1000 border posts. Taliban are gaining the ground and they will maintain buffer zone.

Last edited:
Chaman border attack: 50 Afghan soldiers killed, 100 injured in retaliatory fire, says IG FC

Inspector General Frontier Corps (FC) Major General Nadeem Ahmed has said Afghan forces targeted civilian population while Pakistan targeted their check-posts, inflicting heavy casualties.

At least 10 people including an FC personnel and women, children were killed and 47 others injured when Afghan forces targeted troops guarding a census team in Chaman on Friday.

“Afghan forces entered Pakistan and occupied houses to take position and launch an attack,” the IG FC told a news conference Sunday afternoon.

The Express Tribune > Pakistan > Balochistan

Inspector General Frontier Corps (FC) Major General Nadeem Ahmed has said Afghan forces targeted civilian population while Pakistan targeted their check-posts, inflicting heavy casualties.

At least 10 people including an FC personnel and women, children were killed and 47 others injured when Afghan forces targeted troops guarding a census team in Chaman on Friday.

“Afghan forces entered Pakistan and occupied houses to take position and launch an attack,” the IG FC told a news conference Sunday afternoon.

“Pakistani forces, on the other hand, targeted Afghan security check-posts, killing 50 people and injuring 100,” Ahmed added. “The forces targeted civilians and used children as human shields.”

“Nevertheless, we did not feel jubilant at the losses inflicted on the other side as Afghans are our brothers.”

Pakistan will respond instantly, effectively to border violations: Khawaja Asif

Subsequently, the Afghan side contacted Pakistan requesting ceasefire, which was accorded and welcomed, he said. “A flag meeting on the local level was also held.”

“The entire responsibility of the incident, Ahmed added, lies with the Afghan forces,” the IG said and added that any such aggression in future will result in a twofold and similar reaction. Ahmed went on to add that the incident was a result of Afghan-India collusion.

Ahmed said Pakistan was targeted despite that the Afghan side was well informed of the ongoing census activity.

“We want to make it clear that Pakistan’s international border is non-negotiable and no compromise will be made on it.”

We are thankful to the tribes of Chaman who extended cooperation to the security forces in the time-testing situation. The civil administration, has made good arrangements in terms of security.

The attack caused the border to be closed again indefinitely while a curfew was imposed in Torkham bazaar as a preemptive measure.

On Saturday, Defence Minister Khawaja Asif reiterated the stance for promoting mutual cooperation with Afghanistan to eliminate terrorism, but made it clear Pakistan would respond instantly and effectively in a befitting way to border violations.

No need for the general to be so apologetic about doing his job

Yaar when I was in Bajaur we also had a case like this, one day out of nowhere these Afghans crossed the border took two small border pickets, beat the guys manning them, set fire to their vehicles and said that it was their territory. Our Commandant simply turned the 155s at HQ towards the post and said, "pahar barabar kardo".

Within minutes the Americans called for a border flag meeting. They pulled out a GPS and said, this is inside Afghan territory according to the GPS. Our Commandant simply said that the Govt tells him where the boundary is, not some GPS, he said "if the govt tells me that our border is at Kabul, I will march on Kabul".

The Americans had called Coalition Air Support because the 155s were still aimed at the mountain. The Commandant told them he has instructed his men to fire at the 30th minute. Americans thought it was a bluff, at the 29th minute the guns started training on the post and the Americans instructed the Afghans to withdraw to their own position.

So as you can see, the border is often subject to question along the Durand Line from the Afghan side. Best thing to do is to just hold your own and show these guys who's boss.
Once these guys crossed with 4 bikes and a few pick ups and fired at one of our posts.

The wing commander, a bearded and very religious fella, ordered the gunners to fire the AAG,14.7mms on them.

6 of them fell like birds in a ditch.

We didn't even let them retrieve the wounded or the bodies till the next day.

Once these guys crossed with 4 bikes and a few pick ups and fired at one of our posts.

The wing commander, a bearded and very religious fella, ordered the gunners to fire the AAG,14.7mms on them.

679911426.jpg

AP17125688139725.jpg

Live from the battlefield, how could they destroy or an armored vehicle? Must have been an RPG-7 ambush!

Last edited:

Very professional of him.

And why does it need extra mention of being bearded or religious?

It really doesn't matter in a soldier's professional behaviour.

This is a dangerous thought and i want to be the first here to point otherwise.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom