What's new

12 countries strike TPP trade accord

In the long term, how will TPP even thrive and grow without the BRIC countries. They have a gigantic share of the world's population for potential economic development for the rest of the 21st Century. How can the USA ignore them from TPP? Why even exclude most of Eurasia from the trade agreement?

Last edited:
LOL that is an outdated letter. Now that the TPP deal has been agreed upon, the contents of the deal will be made public soon. Then each member countries will have their own procedures and decisions to pass it or not. But there will be no more negotiations, either each country accept it, or they are out. The letter you posted was for the negotiating stage.

And and dispute will be settled with US laws? :lol: do you even know what you are talking about? lol

LOL Outdated letter!!! Today is only the 5th October 2015.

Letters - In the dark over TPPA | theSundaily

So in your opinion, citizens in all these so-called TPPA nations should be kept in the dark nor consulted about these deals or its content until the deal is done. So how much is your leadership being BRIBE?

Here is the deal. You vermins citizens, take it or leave it! JUst because you vote for us does not mean you people have the right to question us. Hahahaha

Is that how things are done in DEMOCRATIC nations! No wonder 60% of Japanese are against the constitution bill in Japan and still the legislators voted for it. A perfect example why DEMOCRACY is failing!

In Malaysia I know, the ruling Government will never allow the ordinary Malaysian folks to have a say nor be kept informed of what TPPA is all about?

As for RED COMMUNIST authoritarian Vietnam, it may be even WORST!

In the long term, how will TPP even thrive and grow without the BRIC countries. They have a gigantic share of the world's population for potential economic development for the rest of the 21st Century. How can the USA ignore them from TPP? Why even exclude most of Eurasia from the trade agreement?

Not excluding BRIC countries, they just try to make trade a lot easier on their own club.

if you prefer to live in lala land no one can stop you.:disagree:

its self-evident who is doing better in economy, vietnam or china.

its self-evident who is doing better in economy, china, u.s. or japan.
Before CN begged US-JP help in 1979, CN economy was as bad as VN even when VN just ended the long hard war.

Does anyone understand this?

View attachment 262620
'True story of Ah Q' in modern version...but without poignant ending yet :)

LOL Outdated letter!!! Today is only the 5th October 2015.

Letters - In the dark over TPPA | theSundaily

So in your opinion, citizens in all these so-called TPPA nations should be kept in the dark nor consulted about these deals or its content until the deal is done. So how much is your leadership being BRIBE?

Here is the deal. You vermins citizens, take it or leave it! JUst because you vote for us does not mean you people have the right to question us. Hahahaha

Is that how things are done in DEMOCRATIC nations! No wonder 60% of Japanese are against the constitution bill in Japan and still the legislators voted for it. A perfect example why DEMOCRACY is failing!

In Malaysia I know, the ruling Government will never allow the ordinary Malaysian folks to have a say nor be kept informed of what TPPA is all about?

Did you read my post? now that the negotiators has agreed on the TPP deal, the contents of it will be made public. And each countries will go through the next step of deciding to ratify it or not.

The secrecy thing is only during the negotiating process, but now it will be made public. So the letter about being “in the dark” during negotiation is outdated, because negotiation is already finished and all will be made public.

Here is the deal. You vermins citizens, take it or leave it...

...the ruling Government will never allow the ordinary Malaysian folks to have a say nor be kept informed...

Yeah, what you’ve described also applies to China, and as you have said it is indeed much worst in authoritarian country. But don’t worry, chairman Xi Jinping said it is all good and calls it...“consultative democracy” :lol:. So we should imitate the glorious PRC and copy their “consultative democracy” no? :rofl:

Can I know why they hide the negotiations?
What was inside the negotiations need to hide from public?
Pakistan is not part of it.
But I don't want Pakistan to be part of this kind of agreement in future also which needed secrecy to negotiate.
It means there is some kind of shady things going on which public will not like.

Did you read my post? now that the negotiators has agreed on the TPP deal, the contents of it will be made public. And each countries will go through the next step of deciding to ratify it or not.

The secrecy thing is only during the negotiating process, but now it will be made public. So the letter about being “in the dark” during negotiation is outdated, because negotiation is already finished and all will be made public.

Yeah, what you’ve described also applies to China, and as you have said it is indeed much worst in authoritarian country. But don’t worry, chairman Xi Jinping said it is all good and calls it...“consultative democracy” :lol:. So we should imitate the glorious PRC and copy their “consultative democracy” no? :rofl:

TPP done then need to pass to Congress in each country i think and agree the date to apply on. Once it takes effect, all rules must be applied, no life span like other free trade deals. And after 1 or 2 years, everything will be made public i think, yeah, in Vietnam, TPP headline news currently are everywhere, people discussing about it like 5 or 6 month in social media. Private firms are the most excited about the deal :) and i heard that the pharmacy copy right and IP are go back from 12 years to 3-5 years as many members put pressure on America.

Yeah I’ve always asked them to provide credible analysis and forecasts for VN to back up their claims about the impact of the TPP on VN but they can never do that. I dont expect them to be able to make a proper forecast and prediction.

I remember lots of Chinese members even predicted the TPP negotiation to die.

@utp45 :haha: :rofl:

Yes this sounds true. But this is maybe too hard for some members here to comprehend or accept because of their butthurt. Hard for them to see the future if they have once predicted that TPP negotiation will die.

Personally, I am happy that workers can now have the legal rights to form their own independent worker’s union without the interference from govt and companies.

You do realize this is only the negotiation part right?Anyway doesn’t matter, even if it takes form,it could just be a consolation prize(mostly for Vietnam),let‘s wait till at least 2017 to say if it’s really dead or not. I am still not optimistic.

BTW thank you for taking notes of my word.:p:

We need to see clear the TPP. Members: 6 developed nations, USA, Japan, Canada, Australia, Singapore and NZ; 6 developing nations, Vietnam, Malaysia, Brunie, Mexico, Peru and Chile, whose size are not huge, except Mexico, Vietnam.

As to my opinion1if USA and Japan(these the mainly two big developed ones) want to pour their products to developing nations, the 6 nations obvisou are not big enough market. So the agreement is not about trade.
2. Manufacturing bases, Brunie, Peru and Chile mainly export resources, they don't have population to receive vast manufacturing job, in this case, Vietnam and Mexico will benefits from the industrial transfer. But again, USA and Japan have transferred low-profits indtury aboard for decades, how many they can transfer? This part will impact Chinese economy mostly. Someone analysis China will transfer some manufacturing industry to Vietnam or Mexico, to meet the TTP, shoes, textile, tools, steel fabrication etc. This impacts depend on if China can succeed in upgrading industry or not. If success, China also want those industry out, if failed, unemployment ratio will rise.
3. Among these 12 nations, China has free-trade agreement with Australia, Singapore, Asean, Newzealand, Peru and Chile. So the bilateral trading won't be influenced and China is their main importer of iron, milk, service and mines. The industry mainly refers to resources.
4. China can cooperate more with Brics, invest more in South America and Africa to maitain or keep industrial train. And Rcep is under negotiation, western belt and road is under construction.
5. These large-scale agreement TPP, RCEP, Belt and Road, China-Japan-Korea FTAwill impact Asia, along with nearby continent for decades, short time it won't has quick feedbacks.

Couple of points:

1. TPP is based on ethics, sophistication and hardened protocols
My concern: This should only be meant for developed countries as they have already had their share of loophole playing and working around ethics when in development phase. Why punish the developing countries?? One example would be pharma sector- how would countries such as Vietnam or Brunei will survive the real cost of treatment and no protection of tariff barriers in other products

2. More political than commercial
My Concern: Clearly a US led group trying to put pressure onto developing countries to keep them at a safe distance
Why no consultation and agreements with BRICS and other developing countries

3. Exploitation of weaker countries in the group
My Concern: be assured, all the countries with underdeveloped industries are set to lose as they will have to compete with the giants

I don't think one need to know the details of the agreement to draw these conclusions

This is same as putting pressures on other countries to abandon nuclear technology or slapping environmental responsibilities on developing world when the developed world had already tread the same path

Thumbs down

Russian President Vladimir Putin’s speech at the UN 70th General Assembly is worth listening to. This one in my opinion refers to TTPA.

Ladies and gentlemen, I have mentioned these common space of economic cooperation on purpose. Not long ago, it seemed that in the economic sphere, with its objective market loss, we would launch a leaf (ph) without dividing lines. We would build on TRANSPARENT and JOINTLY FORMULATED RULES, including the WTO principles, stipulating the FREEDOM of TRADE, and INVESTMENT and OPEN COMPETITION.

Nevertheless, today, UNILATERAL SANCTIONS circumventing the U.N. Charter have become commonplace, in addition to pursuing political objectives. The sanctions serve as a means of ELIMINATING COMPETITORS.

I would like to point out another sign of a growing economic selfishness. Some countries [have] CHOSEN to CREATE CLOSED ECONOMIC ASSOCIATIONS, with the establishment being NEGOTIATED BEHIND THE SCENES, IN SECRET from those countries' OWN CITIZENS, the GENERAL PUBLIC, BUSINESS COMMUNITY and from OTHER COUNTRIES.

Other states whose interests may be affected are not informed of anything, either. It seems that we are about to be faced with an accomplished fact that the rules of the game have been changed in favor of a NARROW GROUP OF PRIVILEGED, with the WTO having NO SAY. This could UNBALANCE the TRADE SYSTEM completely and DISINTEGRATE the GLOBAL ECONOMIC SPACE.

These issues affect the interest of all states and influence the future of the world economy as a whole. That is why we PROPOSE DISCUSSING THEM WITHIN the U.N. WTO NGO (ph) '20.

Contrary to the policy of exclusiveness, Russia proposes harmonizing original economic projects. I refer to the so-called integration of integrations based on universal and transparent rules of international trade. As an example, I would like to cite our plans to interconnect the Eurasian economic union, and China's initiative of the Silk Road economic belt.

We still believe that harmonizing the integration processes within the Eurasian Economic Union and the European Union is highly promising.

Putin-2015-UN%2520General%2520Assembly.jpg

Pros of TPP

The TPP boosts exports and economic growth, creating more jobs and prosperity for the 12 countries involved. It increases exports by $305 billion per year by 2025. U.S. exports would increase by $123.5 billion, focusing on machinery, especially electrical, autos, plastics and agriculture industries.

It does this by removing 18,000 tariffs placed on U.S. exports by the other countries. The United States has already removed 80% of these tariffs on their goods and services. The TPP evens the playing field.

The agreement adds $223 billion a year to incomes of workers in all the countries, with $77 billion of that going to U.S. workers. (Source: US Trade Representative, TPP Fact Sheet)

All countries agreed to cut down on wildlife trafficking, especially elephants, rhinoceroses, and marine species. It prevents environmental abuses, such as unsustainable logging and fishing. Those that don't will face trade penalties.

What else can we add to this list, @Yorozuya @AMDR @Technogaianist @TechnoFox @LeveragedBuyout @Hamartia Antidote @gambit @jhungary @James Jaevid @WebMaster @Manticore @Oscar @CENTCOM @yoshi.oda @Viet @BoQ77 @Oldman1 et al.

I would appreciate your professional and academic contribution(s).

Thanks.

Pros of TPP

The TPP boosts exports and economic growth, creating more jobs and prosperity for the 12 countries involved. It increases exports by $305 billion per year by 2025. U.S. exports would increase by $123.5 billion, focusing on machinery, especially electrical, autos, plastics and agriculture industries.

It does this by removing 18,000 tariffs placed on U.S. exports by the other countries. The United States has already removed 80% of these tariffs on their goods and services. The TPP evens the playing field.

The agreement adds $223 billion a year to incomes of workers in all the countries, with $77 billion of that going to U.S. workers. (Source: US Trade Representative, TPP Fact Sheet)

All countries agreed to cut down on wildlife trafficking, especially elephants, rhinoceroses, and marine species. It prevents environmental abuses, such as unsustainable logging and fishing. Those that don't will face trade penalties.

What else can we add to this list, @Yorozuya @AMDR @Technogaianist @TechnoFox @LeveragedBuyout @Hamartia Antidote @gambit @jhungary @James Jaevid @WebMaster @Manticore @Oscar @CENTCOM @yoshi.oda @Viet @BoQ77 @Oldman1 et al.

I would appreciate your professional and academic contribution(s).

Thanks.
Well, I can't add very much but what I can say is this. We have a exceedingly rare chance with TPP to tighten our trade relationships and strengthen Pacific trade like never before. This is the biggest regional free trade agreement in history!

Anti-TPP people forget that international trade has been the backbone of most economies since the early 18th century, this is even more true for the Pacific Rim countries right now. Why turn our back on a fantastic chance to strengthen the founding principles (i.e. trade) of the world economy?

Well, I can't add very much but what I can say is this. We have a exceedingly rare chance with TPP to tighten our trade relationships and strengthen Pacific trade like never before. This is the biggest regional free trade agreement in history!

Anti-TPP people forget that international trade has been the backbone of most economies since the early 18th century, this is even more true for the Pacific Rim countries right now. Why turn our back on a fantastic chance to strengthen the founding principles (i.e. trade) of the world economy?

Very well said @AMDR , as i was enjoying my starbucks coffee (cold brew, with splenda, stirred) on my way to work this morning i had NPR and couldn't help but listen to the dialogue on China's inclusion into the TPP framework. Now, as it is, i believe folks who may be against TPP fear that it is being used as a mechanism to contain China, well, it just isn't so. In fact, one of the reasons TPP was implemented was a way to clear any protectionist clauses and tariffs on members and done so in a way that assures all participating state that the free trade will improve each individual country's export potential. Meaning a win-win scenario for the collective and for each participatory state.

There are political and regulatory benefits on this part because the way the TPP is set up is that it facilitates domestic reforms on each nation so as to encourage and assuage groups in each country to adopt a non-protectionist position that can best augment and facilitate domestic consumption capabilities as well as encourage the tapping of each domestic markets within the collective group. Why one of the many issues have been state owned enterprises , which, really, if you think about it, is contraindicative for free economic policy and increased economic solvency in regards to investment as well as domestic consumption and variables associated and correlative to it. If i were to make a specific example; the pharmaceuticals industry. The pharmaceuticals industry, in this framework --- a large entity and interest lobby in both the United States and Japan --- will benefit from this because for one it will ease issues of intellectual property, streamline and procure certification and retesting processes as well as regulatory commisions on generic as well as branded drugs. This translates into cheaper drugs for the entire markets , and increased profits for the organizations involved. Its truly a win win scenario, in this case scenario.

Regards!

Today is , indeed, a happy day for all of us.

To the Japan-US Alliance! To the TPP Economic Family !

Banzai!

Oh i forgot to mention. China has not applied to the TPP, yet. The keyword is 'yet'. I do believe that China will, eventually, join this framework. In fact, i can assure you that very paradigm is studied and considered given China's interest in this matrix. The TPP will function like the WTO, in context to China's domestic consumption processes as well as will serve as the platform to implement regulatory and commiserative reforms that the Beijing Government has tried to impose in recent years. This is, if we go about chronological trends in context to China's market economic policies, an inevitability.

"Resistance is futile, you shall be assimilated," the Borg said it right. lol.

For all those Trekkie fans out there , there's a symbolism and contextual application, forya! ;)

Back
Top Bottom