What's new

10 Cavalry Receiving Al-Khalid's, Al-Zarrar's, APC's Saad, Sakb & Talha

Beskar

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Guides Cavalry (10 Cavalry) of the Pakistan Army was formally given Al-Khalid Tanks in an impressive ceremony at HIT grounds Taxila on 23 September, 2004. The ceremony was presided over by General M. Yusaf Khan. A batch of 44 Al-Khalids was handed over to Guides Cavalry. Apart from the 44 Al-Khalids, 60 Al-Zarrar and 40 Saad, Sakb and Talha APC's were also handed over to Pakistan Army as well. With this lot, Pakistan Army has 88 Al-Khalids (All numbers from 2004) (31 Cavalry & Guides) as well as 4 regiments of Al-Zarrar MBT's.

40 SAAD and 20 SAKB (Command Post) APC's

guides10.jpg

guides1n.jpg

guides2b.jpg

Al-Khalid's

guides6.jpg

guides7.jpg

guides5.jpg

guides8.jpg

guides9.jpg

Last edited:
Masallah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed!

These are also added to the gallery so if for some reason the Image server refuses to load them, please check them out in their respective categories at the gallery.

Mashallah and Subhanallah.

I read that quote in the Background which says "Strength through Self Reliance". I think that should be the Motto of Pakistan Army From Now On. No Dependence on West for Defence needs.

Mashallah and Subhanallah.

I read that quote in the Background which says "Strength through Self Reliance". I think that should be the Motto of Pakistan Army From Now On. No Dependence on West for Defence needs.

Exactly! And MashAllah we've been following that motto for quite some time now. HIT is a symbol of pride for our nation! Will be visiting HIT this summer. Can't wait ;)

Exactly! And MashAllah we've been following that motto for quite some time now. HIT is a symbol of pride for our nation! Will be visiting HIT this summer. Can't wait ;)

Hey is HiT close to attock town district? I'd like to visit the place hopefully this year.
Thanks again for these beautiful pictures, couldn't be more proud! :tup:

Hmmm, thats great.
i can see the big smiles on the faces of my Armored Corp-ian friends!!!

Bezerk any idea why the army is inducting two APCs? (Saad and Talha)

Bezerk any idea why the army is inducting two APCs? (Saad and Talha)

Al-Talha is a modernized version of the American M113A2 Armoured Personal carrier. Whereas Al-Saad is an even MORE modernized version of the M113A2 Mk1.

General Information about Al-Saad;

New tracked APC "Saad" surpasses the contemporary tracked military vehicles in all major battlefield performance parameters.

The new APC is extremely agile, highly manoeuvrable with highest power available in any existing APC of its category in the world today.

The APC "Saad" features additional battle field protection through a number of measures without compromising its mobility and is equipped with state-of-the-art Battle Field Management System including computerised command, control, communication, intelligence and information system.

With these many and other advance features, "Saad" is envisioned as an excellent choice for an APC platform compatible with the most modern tanks for combined arms operation in future battlefield environment.

Guides Cavalry (10 Cavalry) of the Pakistan Army was formally given Al-Khalid Tanks in an impressive ceremony at HIT grounds Taxila on 23 September, 2004. The ceremony was presided over by General M. Yusaf Khan. A batch of 44 Al-Khalids was handed over to Guides Cavalry. Apart from the 44 Al-Khalids, 60 Al-Zarrar and 40 Saad, Sakb and Talha APC's were also handed over to Pakistan Army as well. With this lot, Pakistan Army has 88 Al-Khalids (All numbers from 2004) (31 Cavalry & Guides) as well as 4 regiments of Al-Zarrar MBT's.

40 SAAD and 20 SAKB (Command Post) APC's

guides10.jpg

guides1n.jpg

guides2b.jpg

Al-Khalid's

guides6.jpg

guides7.jpg

guides5.jpg

guides8.jpg

guides9.jpg

Al-Talha is a modernized version of the American M113A2 Armoured Personal carrier. Whereas Al-Saad is an even MORE modernized version of the M113A2 Mk1.

Guys I just wanted to see if any one could identify the Al Saad APC which will have Six roadwheel (like M113 AS4) unlike Al Talha APC which have Five road wheels

Any with update about the current numbers of
  1. Al Khalid MBT
  2. Alzarrar MBT
  3. Al-Talha - Armoured personnel carrier variant, 5 road wheels
  4. Al-Hadeed - Recovery vehicle
  5. Al-Hamza - Armoured infantry fighting vehicle
  6. Al-Maaz - Variant fitted with a launch platform for the Baktar-Shikan anti-tank missile
  7. Al-Qaswa - Logistics vehicle
  8. Sakb - Logistics support and command vehicle.
  9. Saad - Six roadwheel personnel carrier version.
  10. Mohafiz - Armoured personnel carrier

Last edited:

Nice pics, thanks for posting them Bezerk. I'd really appreciate any info you have on AK getting a new auto-loader that can fire long-rod penetrator AP rounds, along with separate ammo storage and blow-out panels. Will we have to wait for AK-II, or will AK-I have these kinds of features (if so, will earlier AK be retrofitted also)? What is the news regarding armour developments, any word on Heavy ERA or something providing similar protection? I've read Ukraine's latest T-84 has the above features, what help are HIT receiving from them apart from the Varta EO jamming suite)?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom