What's new

Most Dangerous Battle Tanks in Pakistani Service: From Al Khalid I to the T-80

Yes i know wittman, on le of the many German tank aces
View attachment 709479
Thanks for the compliment. We did infact at Chawinda, waiting for another chance

Inshallah, the Pakistan armoured Corps is in a really good shape, the indian Army shouldn’t taste it !
F83B8ED7-73BC-45F6-94C8-D05719675B96.jpeg
C1072C1C-A439-4685-98AC-91D43A9B5A68.jpeg

Last edited:
Why Pakistan armoured Corps has not installed a storage cage on the T-80s ? Do you see any sense this time in this hanging forward scirts and turret-scirts of the T-80s, if so wouldn’t it be clever to cooperate this innovation on all Tanks, like Alkhalid series etc. ? Or is it not really necessary ?

This question goes also to @HRK and @PanzerKiel
I excuse myself to answer this question as I have not think about it earlier ....
So the UDs aren’t getting any upgrades?
there was a program to upgrade T-80UDs, current status is not known but as far as open source information is available pilot project of upgrading of 3 or 5 T-80UD is completed there was a pic during Gen. Qama visit of HIT in which one of the upgraded UD was revealed
T-80UD [COAS visited HIT on 21st Aug,2019].jpg

I was wondering if we could add ERA to that (it’s obvious we can, more of if we will/if it’s feasible with the weight)
as per official brochure it is possible but you are right I have not seen any photo of T-85AP with ERA other than the pics of this tank during induction trial in Pakistan .....

so may be PA is not using ERA on this tank as Its Power to weight ratio with 17.8 HP/ton is on lower side and it is 2nd tier tank
@HRK what special urban fighting capabilities does the Alkhalid -1 offer as claimed by HIT ?

View attachment 709177
not exactly but somewhat similar to Urban warfare kit of T-72 tank; in Pakistan we learn it from our past experience of deployment of T-59/T-69 tanks in FATA region same additional safety measures against mines, IEDs and RPGs could be applied to AK as well, but as far as I am aware no AK is ever displayed with Urban warfare kit till now so we can not tell the exact details.

Last edited:
What’s about the the local production of Altay under TOT with the Turkish idegenous engine, fire controls, active protection, composites, fire controls, EW, munition etc.??? Especially when the IA is moving out their strike corps getting to Indian power centers via crossing the Rajastan deserts is an option....

Der Tigerkommandant Michael Wittmann
While working in Iran, I met a german with surname Wittmann. I excitedly asked him if he was related to Mike Witmann, the Tiger Commander. He asked me if Mike was in Heer or SS. I wasn't sure since some Tiger units were under SS. So i said maybe he was in SS, he at once said I am not linked with those SS scums.

Mike Wittman was a legend, he threw an entire British Armored Division off balance at Villers-Bocage. I think Lt Col Nisar comes close for doing the same to 1st Indian Armor Div in 1965.

Back
Top Bottom