What's new

1,500km Babur II under Development, also SL Babur progress.

For those indian members who were creating confusion on the previous pages of this thread...here is how babur cruise missle works

Last edited by a moderator:
Such news should never surprise any1 in world, Pakistan is up there in world Top Missile technology..Such milestones have been achieved many times in our history.Haters keep hating but Pakistan have always achieved milestones in such technologies...

A recent launch from closed canister, round or boxed shaped do not means that Babur can now be fired from submarines or PN assets. However, it is a know fact that Pakistan is working on developing a naval version that will initially be equipping the subs and later on, once PN get some heavier frigates, then the missile will also be equipped on these surface combatants!

As for now, Pakistan navy DO NOT possess and land attack nuclear capable cruise missile but is well on its way to developing one!

regards!
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-strategic-forces/185609-babur-cruise-missile-database.html

A recent launch from closed canister, round or boxed shaped do not means that Babur can now be fired from submarines or PN assets. However, it is a know fact that Pakistan is working on developing a naval version that will initially be equipping the subs and later on, once PN get some heavier frigates, then the missile will also be equipped on these surface combatants!

As for now, Pakistan navy DO NOT possess and land attack nuclear capable cruise missile but is well on its way to developing one!

regards!
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-strategic-forces/185609-babur-cruise-missile-database.html

Does it also have to do with the fact that currently PN does not have subs large enough to house a cruise missile or fire one? My understanding is that before all of this happens, we will have to wait for the next generation subs probably the Qing class.

Pardon my ignorance but can Augsta fire a cruise missile?

Does it also have to do with the fact that currently PN does not have subs large enough to house a cruise missile or fire one? My understanding is that before all of this happens, we will have to wait for the next generation subs probably the Qing class.

Pardon my ignorance but can Augsta fire a cruise missile?

Yes, the LACM is being specifically designed to be launched through the Agosta's torpedo tubes. Pakistan is desperate for an additional extensive second-strike capability.

In addition to all of this, Why are people concluding that the PN has subs launching missles as its first priority.
The Ghauri missiles, when first bought from NK.. were checked out for sea launch capability. and the NK's assured KRL that this was possible with adjustments to the then guidance system.

In addition to all of this, Why are people concluding that the PN has subs launching missles as its first priority.
The Ghauri missiles, when first bought from NK.. were checked out for sea launch capability. and the NK's assured KRL that this was possible with adjustments to the then guidance system.

The Ghauri Missiles??? Sir, are you talking about ship-launching or Submerged launching?

so now Ghauri missile is nk's since when man?

so now Ghauri missile is nk's since when man?

Since they day they were bought intact from North Korea. The Ghauri-I was the Nodong straight and simple.. they just painted it Ghauri. The next missile was another nodong derivative, albeit with some local guidance systems to suit our specific needs.

Pardon my ignorance, but recent ballistic missile tests in which missile final target was Arabian sea. Is that kind of sea launch capability you are talking about? Taking out sea based assets with Ballistic missiles?

Pardon my ignorance, but recent ballistic missile tests in which missile final target was Arabian sea. Is that kind of sea launch capability you are talking about? Taking out sea based assets with Ballistic missiles?

No. It means being fired from a Submarine or Frigate. The Shaheen 1A was tested over Arabian sea for other purposes, although I think all of the ballistic and cruise missiles owned by Pakistan could hit targets over sea.

Although it may be noted that many other countries had been selling sample missiles to Pakistan,,specially the ex-soviet states..Some missiles were even attained through backdoor..
None of Pakistani missile is a copy of one single missile from one single country...
All are mixtures of foreign and local designs..

Although it may be noted that many other countries had been selling sample missiles to Pakistan,,specially the ex-soviet states..Some missiles were even attained through backdoor..
None of Pakistani missile is a copy of one single missile from one single country...
All are mixtures of foreign and local designs..

Not entirely correct..
Pakistan was sold at least 20 Nodong-I's and II's until the assembly line was setup at KRL to manufacture them.

eventually, things such as guidance.. motors.. were improved with local development..

The Shaheen series though, was pretty much a local indigenous development.

American tomahawk doesn't have range of 2500 km
Hint: Block II

Tomahawk is max 700 miles.
Are you sure?

Block II TLAM-A - 1350 nautical miles (1500 statute miles, 2500 km)
Block III TLAM-C - 900 nautical miles (1000 statute miles, 1600 km)
Block III TLAM-D - 700 nautical miles (800 statute miles, 1250 km)
Block IV TLAM-E - 900 nautical miles (1000 statute miles, 1600 km)

Back
Top Bottom