What's new

1,500km Babur II under Development, also SL Babur progress.

I think, we d not want to make more Agusta-90, as it is 20 years old tech.Thats why Pakistan is struggling smething new...with latest tech and able to fire cruise missile.

I think, we d not want to make more Agusta-90, as it is 20 years old tech.Thats why Pakistan is struggling smething new...with latest tech and able to fire cruise missile.

A twenty year old bland blade, in the right hands can cut pretty bad. Didn't you know? Stop with the silly wish-list.

well you can't even make agusta 90.first try to make train engines.'lol'

Stop trolling and being childish. Sell your indigenous product mantra to people who aren't engineers / physicists. I know very well your 'indigenous' technological prowess.

well you can't even make agusta 90.first try to make train engines.'lol'

REPORTED!
have absolutely nothing to do with the topic!
kindly refrain from posting off-topic one liners that are aimed only at derailing the thread!

I am amazed that Pakistan shold be able to manufacture their own version of Agusta subz after getting the transfer of tech from France. Idk what the PN engineers doing just getting their paychecks and looking for China to make everything for them.....thats not cool......I guess we too lazy to do anything on our own.......:smokin:
Brother, even if we do, it will be a licensed copy of Agosta and thus the MTCR will still prohibit use of a longer range (more the 300Km) LACM.
as for the question of NOT making more Subs, it seems that PN is more interested in modern subs from china that will be build in karachi. this will help them develop infrastructure and get the know how of ship building that will be helpful in the rumored Nuclear Submarine project.

as a matter of fact, as far as my information is concerned, this rumor do have life in it...

regards!

REPORTED!
have absolutely nothing to do with the topic!
kindly refrain from posting off-topic one liners that are aimed only at derailing the thread!

Brother, even if we do, it will be a licensed copy of Agosta and thus the MTCR will still prohibit use of a longer range (more the 300Km) LACM.
as for the question of NOT making more Subs, it seems that PN is more interested in modern subs from china that will be build in karachi. this will help them develop infrastructure and get the know how of ship building that will be helpful in the rumored Nuclear Submarine project.as a matter of fact, as far as my information is concerned, this rumor do have life in it...
regards!
I guess this project is indeed very necessary to put our second strike capability(Naval) fully functional and independant to counter any kinda threat in future........:coffee:

Listen at the end of the video what the news catsre says..
Its Hataf missile which is closely related to Babur..
The news report says that this missile can be launched from sea based platform..Presumably ships.
This report is from 2007..
Surely over the years Pakistan must have improved on sea launch Capabilities..

Last edited by a moderator:
If Babur is really derived from the US Tomahawk cruise missile design as commonly believed, it's range can theoretically be increased to 2500 km.

Even if it is not derived from Tomhawk its range can still be increased to 2500Km or more. Everything takes $$$ the price tag just goes up thats all.......Jitna Gurr dalogay utnaa meethhaa ho ga......:smokin:

Even if it is not derived from Tomhawk its range can still be increased to 2500Km or more. Everything takes $$$ the price tag just goes up thats all.......Jitna Gurr dalogay utnaa meethhaa ho ga......:smokin:

Hi, all I can say about that quote is Yeaaaahhhh!!!

Okay getting back to the point. Currently I think the Naval Babur will be launched via torpedo tubes. Can anyone comment on how the US Navy launches its Tomahawks from its subs? Are they launched from missile silos or torpedo tubes?

I also am looking forward to the day the PN will have underwater vertical launch capabilities.

Listen at the end of the video what the news catsre says..
Its Hataf missile which is closely related to Babur..
The news report says that this missile can be launched from sea based platform..Presumably ships.
This report is from 2007..
Surely over the years Pakistan must have improved on sea launch Capabilities..

Never trust what the Pakistani newscasters say about our missiles...they have declared Ra'ad ALCM as an "Air-to-air missile".
In the original ISPR release, it was said that:
The Ra’ad Missile, with a range of over 350 KM, enables Pakistan to achieve strategic standoff capability on land and at Sea.

which means it can be used against targets at both land and sea. Which also means that SFC is considering the option of using a nuclear-armed Ra'ad ALCM against the Indian (or any other foreign) battle group.

Ra'ad is an ALCM, and CANNOT be launched from Surface/Submerged vessels.

Hi, all I can say about that quote is Yeaaaahhhh!!!

Okay getting back to the point. Currently I think the Naval Babur will be launched via torpedo tubes. Can anyone comment on how the US Navy launches its Tomahawks from its subs? Are they launched from missile silos or torpedo tubes?

I also am looking forward to the day the PN will have underwater vertical launch capabilities.

Yes, Pakistan's LACM is being developed to be launched via the torpedo tubes.

US Submarines launch it both through the torpedo tubes and vertical tubes. Conventional subs and SSNs launch it through the torpedo tubes whereas the 4 converted Ohio class SSGNs can launch Tomahawks vertically. The conversion was achieved by installing vertical launching systems (VLS) in a "multiple all-up-round canister" (MAC) configuration in 22 of the 24 missile tubes, replacing one Trident missile with 7 smaller Tomahawk cruise missiles.

The establishment of the NSFC should not be taken lightly. Pakistan may already have acquired a limited Submarine-based Nuclear Second Strike Capability.

Here are some excerpts from a news article of New York Times related to a Missile Test launch conducted by Pakistan on April 23, 2009.

WASHINGTON — The United States has accused Pakistan of illegally modifying American-made missiles to expand its capability to strike land targets, a potential threat to India, according to senior administration and Congressional officials.

While American officials say that the weapon in the latest dispute is a conventional one — based on the Harpoon antiship missiles that were sold to Pakistan by the Reagan administration as a defensive weapon in the cold war — the subtext of the argument is growing concern about the speed with which Pakistan is developing new generations of both conventional and nuclear weapons.

At issue is the detection by American intelligence agencies of a suspicious missile test on April 23 — a test never announced by the Pakistanis — that appeared to give the country a new offensive weapon.
American military and intelligence officials say they suspect that Pakistan has modified the Harpoon antiship missiles that the United States sold the country in the 1980s, a move that would be a violation of the Arms Control Export Act. Pakistan has denied the charge, saying it developed the missile itself.

Whatever their origin, the missiles would be a significant new entry into Pakistan’s arsenal against India. They would enable Pakistan’s small navy to strike targets on land, complementing the sizable land-based missile arsenal that Pakistan has developed. That, in turn, would be likely to spur another round of an arms race with India that the United States has been trying, unsuccessfully, to halt.

A senior Pakistani official, also speaking on the condition of anonymity because the interchanges with Washington have been both delicate and highly classified, said the American accusation was “incorrect.” The official said that the missile tested was developed by Pakistan, just as it had modified North Korean designs to build a range of land-based missiles that could strike India.
Some experts are also skeptical of the American claims. Robert Hewson, editor of Jane’s Air-Launched Weapons, a yearbook and Web-based data service, said the Harpoon missile did not have the necessary range for a land-attack missile, which would lend credibility to Pakistani claims that they are developing their own new missile. Moreover, he said, Pakistan already has more modern land-attack missiles that it developed itself or acquired from China.
While it may be technically possible to arm the Harpoons with small nuclear weapons, outside experts say it would probably not be necessary.

Although this information is not credible enough, but still the article hints towards either of the two or both possibilities:
1. Pakistan is developing the Submarine-launched LACM version of Babur, which Americans mistook as Harpoon.
2. The Americans are correct, and Pakistan did actually modify some Harpoons as LACMs, with a possible nuclear role. (because modifying only a small number of Harpoons for conventional role is absurd).

However, one thing is confirmed. Pakistan did test a LACM back in 2009.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/30/world/asia/30missile.html?_r=1

Back
Top Bottom