What's new

1,500km Babur II under Development, also SL Babur progress.

The difference between India and Pakistan is that Pakistan only has to counteract India.
While india has to counteract Pakistan and china,or wants to tackle both,and therefore so much need of fire power.
Such fire power isnt needed for Pakistan....

About Arihant,the reactor is the bottleneckand wont be ready anytime soon.
Reason of complication...Indian doctorine of 'indigenous'...which isnt always good and seriously delayed Arihant...

We all are waiting for a long, hopefully next year we will see it in the ocean. Till date only 3-4 pics of arihanth have come out. We all are desperate to see how it looks from inside. :cool:

Ther is no theory. I am only making an assumption that Pak can't do it. Reason is that in last 5 yrs I have not seen any breakthrough brand new missile from Pak. India has gone ahead with agni 4, agni5, k15, shaurya, nirbhay, pad, aad, pdv. While Pakistan is still launching and testing the same missiles again and again.

india enjoys the favorable relations with west and europe , any new missile test is being applauded by the west on the other hand for Pakistan things are totally opposite we are ruffled by the terrorism while spoiled relations with west , anything from Pakistan is seen as a threat to international community any new missile test with a considerable range means more pressure to be exerted on Pakistan..time is the friend of india at this point in time good economy, support ,defence budget with that foreign assistance resulting into more development all are favoring india ....hence we are seeing a more active stance compared to Pakistan's defensive stance..for us priorities have changed since wot .....

But still that doesnot mean to halt the things direly needed ...they will come slowly but surely

About Airforce.
IAF has to cover a very large area,from sikkim to andaman and nicobar islands and they need large aircrafts with longer range.
PAF has to cover a much smaller area,and does not need gas guzzlers.
We are not seeing JF-17 block II but arent we seeing an ever increasing list of weapons available to be fired from JF-17?
Recent addition of weapons like CM-400 is an admirable addition to JF-17'S effectiveness.
JF-17 has a longer list of compatible weapons than any IAF plane,and that is still increasing.

About Airforce.
IAF has to cover a very large area,from sikkim to andaman and nicobar islands and they need large aircrafts with longer range.
PAF has to cover a much smaller area,and does not need gas guzzlers.
We are not seeing JF-17 block II but arent we seeing an ever increasing list of weapons available to be fired from JF-17?
Recent addition of weapons like CM-400 is an admirable addition to JF-17'S effectiveness.
JF-17 has a longer list of compatible weapons than any IAF plane,and that is still increasing.

Please explain?

Please explain?

I am on mobile and cannot post links and pics much.
But its a known fact that much of Chinese weapons and electronics which will be built for advanced chinese planes will be backwards compatible with JF-17.
Hence the list is set to increase...

On the other hand India is going for Rafale from France and some Russian planes so types of weapons will be different for both.
Point being....simplicity usnt always a bad think..PAF keeping it simple.

I am on mobile and cannot post links and pics much.
But its a known fact that much of Chinese weapons and electronics which will be built for advanced chinese planes will be backwards compatible with JF-17.
Hence the list is set to increase...

On the other hand India is going for Rafale from France and some Russian planes so types of weapons will be different for both.
Point being....simplicity usnt always a bad think..PAF keeping it simple.

MIL-STD-1553 bus on Mig 29UPG will let fulcrums use everything in IAF arsenal. As far as MKI is concerned Super Su will get the same upgrade which already has a very impressive list to begin with. LCA's already can use both Israeli/French and Russian armament. As far as backward compatibility is concerned same applies to MKI/Mig 29UPG vis-a-vis PAKFA (RVV-AE/SD) and M2K vis-a-vis rafale (meteor, storm shadow, Taurus, ). LCA in future will carry (entire Vympel series R77, R27, R60, R73, Derby Python, Mica, Matra magicII, Matra Super 530D, and AM.39 Exocet.

Just to give you an Idea of what a MKI can carry
• R-77 (AA-12) active radar homing medium range AAM, 100 km
• Astra missile active radar homing medium range AAM, 80–110 km
• R-27ER (AA-10C) semi-active radar guided, long range AAM 130 km
• R-27ET (AA-10D) Infrared homing extended range version, long range AAM 120 km
• R-27R (AA-10A) semi-active radar guided, medium range AAM, 80 km
• R-27T (AA-10B) infrared homing seeker, medium range AAM, 70 km
• R-73 (AA-11) short range AAM, 30 km
• Novator KS-172 AAM-L 400 km, Indian/Russian air-to-air missile designed as an "AWACS killer"
• R60 Infrared homing short range AAM
• Kh-59ME TV guided standoff Missile, 115 km
• Kh-59MK active radar homing anti-ship missile, 285 km
• Kh-35 anti-ship missile, 130 km
• PJ-10 Brahmos supersonic cruise missile, 300 km
• Nirbhay subsonic cruise missile, 1,000 km
• Kh-31P/A anti-radar missile, 70 km
• Kh-29T/L laser-guided missile, 30 km
• KAB-500L laser guided bombs
• KAB-1500L laser guided bombs
• FAB-500T dumb bombs
• OFAB-250-270 dumb bombs
• OFAB-100-120 dumb bombs
• RBK-500 cluster bombs
• CBU-105 sensor-fused bombs

Ther is no theory. I am only making an assumption that Pak can't do it. Reason is that in last 5 yrs I have not seen any breakthrough brand new missile from Pak. India has gone ahead with agni 4, agni5, k15, shaurya, nirbhay, pad, aad, pdv. While Pakistan is still launching and testing the same missiles again and again.

What basis is this assumption on?
Declared press releases?

MIL-STD-1553 bus on Mig 29UPG will let fulcrums use everything in IAF arsenal. As far as MKI is concerned Super Su will get the same upgrade which already has a very impressive list to begin with. LCA's already can use both Israeli/French and Russian armament. As far as backward compatibility is concerned same applies to MKI/Mig 29UPG vis-a-vis PAKFA (RVV-AE/SD) and M2K vis-a-vis rafale (meteor, storm shadow, Taurus, ). LCA in future will carry (entire Vympel series R77, R27, R60, R73, Derby Python, Mica, Matra magicII, Matra Super 530D, and AM.39 Exocet.

Just to give you an Idea of what a MKI can carry
• R-77 (AA-12) active radar homing medium range AAM, 100 km
• Astra missile active radar homing medium range AAM, 80–110 km
• R-27ER (AA-10C) semi-active radar guided, long range AAM 130 km
• R-27ET (AA-10D) Infrared homing extended range version, long range AAM 120 km
• R-27R (AA-10A) semi-active radar guided, medium range AAM, 80 km
• R-27T (AA-10B) infrared homing seeker, medium range AAM, 70 km
• R-73 (AA-11) short range AAM, 30 km
• Novator KS-172 AAM-L 400 km, Indian/Russian air-to-air missile designed as an "AWACS killer"
• R60 Infrared homing short range AAM
• Kh-59ME TV guided standoff Missile, 115 km
• Kh-59MK active radar homing anti-ship missile, 285 km
• Kh-35 anti-ship missile, 130 km
• PJ-10 Brahmos supersonic cruise missile, 300 km
• Nirbhay subsonic cruise missile, 1,000 km
• Kh-31P/A anti-radar missile, 70 km
• Kh-29T/L laser-guided missile, 30 km
• KAB-500L laser guided bombs
• KAB-1500L laser guided bombs
• FAB-500T dumb bombs
• OFAB-250-270 dumb bombs
• OFAB-100-120 dumb bombs
• RBK-500 cluster bombs
• CBU-105 sensor-fused bombs

Hi,
My statement may be a bit overzealous.
But the point was that if people think Pakistan isnt improving her defence capabilities,they are wrong.
JF-17 may not see Block-II anytime soon,but improvements are being made in the planes weapons suit..as evident from recent additions...

Hi,
My statement may be a bit overzealous.
But the point was that if people think Pakistan isnt improving her defence capabilities,they are wrong.
JF-17 may not see Block-II anytime soon,but improvements are being made in the planes weapons suit..as evident from recent additions...

On contrary my opinion is what PAF has achieved in it's limited budget surpasses the achievement of major air forces around the world. Weapons integration with F7PG's Mirages, and JF17 has been very very impressive.

What basis is this assumption on?
Declared press releases?

The main reason for me joining the forum was to understand the undeclared assets of region. It seems a substantial number of members seem to believe that both forces lay all cards on table of general public to view, which simply is not the case

On contrary my opinion is what PAF has achieved in it's limited budget surpasses the achievement of major air forces around the world. Weapons integration with F7PG's Mirages, and JF17 has been very very impressive.

The main reason for me joining the forum was to understand the undeclared assets of region. It seems a substantial number of members seem to believe that both forces lay all cards on table of general public to view, which simply is not the case

When the US has drones flying around like thr RQ170 ..
undeclared till used.
one should consider that both sides here and even in China have much more sitting around that what is declared.

Although the Paranoia on the Pakistani side is much higher than normal and generally leads to a lot of capabilities being left undeclared and in some cases, undeclared to obsolescence and forgotten.

undeclared till used.
one should consider that both sides here and even in China have much more sitting around that what is declared.

Although the Paranoia on the Pakistani side is much higher than normal and generally leads to a lot of capabilities being left undeclared and in some cases, undeclared to obsolescence and forgotten.
What ever may be the case if Pakistan Army is close to developing this Missile or already developed it than they should test it soon because its range is also not that high but Pakistan Army should increase the speed of missiles and develop more cruise missiles for our Navy and Air Force too

It might sound disappointing to some members but as per my own experience with this forum and other green forum ...85% things turn out to be mere rumors ....No offense to any of the senior respected people but most of the things they reveal are either taken from some blog/news that may not be seen by many people or is either their own patriotism that makes them to exaggerate things....only 15% of them are true ...i hope so it is among those 15%

There are two things

1- If the military doesnot want to reveal anything to general public there is no way someone can come out and talk about the thing on a public platform or else he is going to face the bad consequences of that and no one in his right sense will love a defence forum over his respect, credibility, job, salary and benefits

2- If the military wants to reveal something they simply do through media ...no need to involve a single person to randomly visit some defence forums and inform the fanboys

Its similar to what happened with jf-17 block-2 hoax ,everyone talked about it like crazy ...everyone was talking about the upgrades and production date with so much assurety but nothing much happened...so we should be careful about it...

Dude don't be disappointed, our military donot reveal such news in advance so the main sources of these kind of news came from some ones friends or relatives who have been working on these kind of projects, i have told you guys before that our first UCAV will be shahpur not Burraq look at my post bellow
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-air-force/40550-pakistans-uav-drone-developments-17.html#post2562301

i once again told you guys that i have also came to know from my friends brother who has been working in submarine, he told me that we have successfully tested a missile ( he donot about the name of that missile ) with the range of 1500 NM, this news is about 3 year old , now tell me what will be that missile other then babur ?

The difference between India and Pakistan is that Pakistan only has to counteract India.
While india has to counteract Pakistan and china,or wants to tackle both,and therefore so much need of fire power.
Such fire power isnt needed for Pakistan....

About Arihant,the reactor is the bottleneckand wont be ready anytime soon.
Reason of complication...Indian doctorine of 'indigenous'...which isnt always good and seriously delayed Arihant...

AFAIK The reactor on Arihant is already installed and gone through initial fueling stages... It could well be running already on the 1st submarine.

As for the reactor being the bottleneck people from Pakistan must understand the technical difficulties while operating a nuclear reactor and getting them Critical which is very crucial stage in its life period... we don't have chines engineers coming there and constructing the reactors as you have there in Pakistan.

Dude don't be disappointed, our military donot reveal such news in advance so the main sources of these kind of news came from some ones friends or relatives who have been working on these kind of projects, i have told you guys before that our first UCAV will be shahpur not Burraq look at my post bellow
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-air-force/40550-pakistans-uav-drone-developments-17.html#post2562301

i once again told you guys that i have also came to know from my friends brother who has been working in submarine, he told me that we have successfully tested a missile ( he donot about the name of that missile ) with the range of 1500 NM, this news is about 3 year old , now tell me what will be that missile other then babur ?

1500 NM = 2779.8 km according to UK NM standards
1500 NM = 2778 km according to US NM standards

undeclared till used.

Like a certain highly modified Mirage aircraft. !!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom