What's new

PAF to induct 188 JF-17 aircrafts including 26 JF-17B & 50 JF-17 Blk3

188 is a good number... I always thought why Pakistan dont have enough fighter jets... I mean Turkish airforce has 250 kind of F-16, And you already know Israel And Indian airforce's numbers... I believe In modern warfare, airforce is the most important army branch... If I were you, I would have spend most of the money on Jf-17 And make that fighter more lethal with Turkish made systems... If you have a big And strong airforce all enemy warships, airforce And land forces will be in danger.

188 is a good number... I always thought why Pakistan dont have enough fighter jets... I mean Turkish airforce has 250 kind of F-16, And you already know Israel And Indian airforce's numbers... I believe In modern warfare, airforce is the most important army branch... If I were you, I would have spend most of the money on Jf-17 And make that fighter more lethal with Turkish made systems... If you have a big And strong airforce all enemy warships, airforce And land forces will be in danger.
sir there are limits too if we induct more then 200 its mean we will be late in 5th gen program and also we will having issue while time will come to replace these 200+ fighter .

for example in 2010 we have to replace

190 mirages
50 A-5
180 f-7

now look how hard it was for us to replace them . so if wee induct 200 fighter every 15 years its mean we have to replace them at every 15 years too .

sir there are limits too if we induct more then 200 its mean we will be late in 5th gen program and also we will having issue while time will come to replace these 200+ fighter .

for example in 2010 we have to replace

190 mirages
50 A-5
180 f-7

now look how hard it was for us to replace them . so if wee induct 200 fighter every 15 years its mean we have to replace them at every 15 years too .

You are right... so most logical choice will be produce jf-17 slowly and improve it more And more, And joining a 5th gen program, China or Turkey would be Your options And Pakistan can produce this new jet in home just like jf-17... sad thing is... decades will pass before Pakistan have good numbers... and As Much as I trust Pakistani pilots your enemy has Much more greater Numbers... And superior tecnology.
Btw this mirages And f-7... I dont think they would have a chance against any modern jet. Maybe good as bombers but not as fighters.

Last edited:
Italian Jet will give us more advantage than others as @Keysersoze said make sense will open door for EU subsystems
Do you know the price of Italian systems? Do you know thenlogistical nightmares associated with introduction of a new aircraft? You speak like a ANARI. The only option with Pakistan at the.moment is to further develop JF17 B and C , increase its quality and quantity . No need for lift if u have jf17b in sufficient quantity which can be used as fighters as well as trainers

Neither the Taliban, nor the Yemenis had an air force.
They were attacked by the world's largest and most advanced air forces.

See the results.

7th sqn at the end of 2019 based on 12 single seat and perhaps 2 dual seaters

This mean next batch of 76 block 3 will Knock out 4 sqns, 3 f-7pg plus one mirage sqn ??

76/18 per sqn ??

7th sqn of jf-17 will be ?? Last f7p number 18 concerting ??

By now, everyone has probably read Alan Warnes (JF-17 - Lightning Strikes Twice).
https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/defense/2019-06-15/jf-17-thunder-lightning-strikes-twice

This is a bit from it:
"...there is a dual-seat JF-17B, 17-601, undergoing test and evaluation in Pakistan."

03_jf-17bjpg.jpg

Having flown around 100 hours of test and evaluation sorties, the first JF-17B to be delivered to Pakistan
was having an air-to-air refuelling system fitted in mid-April.

"Air Commodore Rashid Habib, JF-17 Deputy Chief Project Director, told that the JF-17B would be fitted with a missionized rear cockpit for combat training and operations, a three-axis fly-by-wire kit, and a fifth-generation advanced short-range air-to-air missile."

Jf17 performance on February air war with India would have given us a guideline on how much this fighter jet we should induct.

I still have some serious questions on my mind. If JF17 was not used on February to defend our skies then what could be the reason for this? We have been using this jet for 10years and it is becoming our main air defence fighter. Then why on February we used f16s. We could afford to use jf17 as we can easily replace them if any unfortunate incident happened but f16 would have been very difficult to replace.

If for example paf thought jf17 would not have performed good versus the su30 and mirage2000 then what is the point of making 200+ of these planes.

SD10a missile performance would have given us the green light to induct 250 jf17s. It was the ideal scenario to make use of our first line defence fighter.

Jf17 performance on February air war with India would have given us a guideline on how much this fighter jet we should induct.

I still have some serious questions on my mind. If JF17 was not used on February to defend our skies then what could be the reason for this? We have been using this jet for 10years and it is becoming our main air defence fighter. Then why on February we used f16s. We could afford to use jf17 as we can easily replace them if any unfortunate incident happened but f16 would have been very difficult to replace.

If for example paf thought jf17 would not have performed good versus the su30 and mirage2000 then what is the point of making 200+ of these planes.

SD10a missile performance would have given us the green light to induct 250 jf17s. It was the ideal scenario to make use of our first line defence fighter.

February was the first real world BVR engagement for the PAF. I agree the JF-17 should have taken part, but PAF had to win the skirmish first and foremost. After reviewing the serious of events, they have gone back to the drawing board and are factoring in everything that made the F-16 successful into the Block III, its electronics, and weapons. Upgrades to the current Fleet will most likely happen alongside procurement of Block III Aircraft, so that in probably 5 years time, the entire 188 will be procured and upgraded to meet the challenge.

The number of AESA radars procure, electronics enhanced, targeting pods acquired, and missiles bought will all come down to what was learned in February.

PAF may also have found out the JF-17 has certain roles it is best suited for, and to stop at 188, and save up for a next generation fighter. The Progress of project AZM will hint at that.

February was the first real world BVR engagement for the PAF. I agree the JF-17 should have taken part, but PAF had to win the skirmish first and foremost. After reviewing the serious of events, they have gone back to the drawing board and are factoring in everything that made the F-16 successful into the BLock III, its electronics, and weapons.

The umber of AESA radars procure, electronics enhanced, targeting pods acquired, and missiles bought will all come down to what was learned in February.
Makes sense but we still have no idea how the Chinese systems would perform in a real war scenario. How good the Chinese sd10a is? How good is the jamming technology? Etc

Without knowing that we are planning our defence on jf17s. If we acquire 250 jf17s then they will definitely form the backbone of our air force. We have 76 f16s and the 5th generation will not number more than 100 in the next 2 decades.

Jf17 should have been used to engage the Indian mig21s and f16 should have been used as a backup. The same way Indians used the mig21 and used mirage2000, su30mki as a backup.

This gives out the idea that the larger number jf17s are not capable enough to defend our skies. Our airforce is not confident enough to use them as a first point for defence. Keep in mind jf17 is no more a new plane. It has 10+years service.

Neither the Taliban, nor the Yemenis had an air force.
They were attacked by the world's largest and most advanced air forces.

See the results.

both of them are on run and hiding... and what is their casualty ration against their adversaries, 1:10 or 1:100 or 1:1000 or 1:10000 or 1:100000?

PAF needs J-10C's ASAP simple as that.

@Zarvan Hazrat koi khushkhabri sunao J-10C ke bary me.

or ye russia ke sath 9-10 billion dollar ki defence deal me kitne mithas hai..

Makes sense but we still have no idea how the Chinese systems would perform in a real war scenario. How good the Chinese sd10a is? How good is the jamming technology? Etc

Without knowing that we are planning our defence on jf17s. If we acquire 250 jf17s then they will definitely form the backbone of our air force. We have 76 f16s and the 5th generation will not number more than 100 in the next 2 decades.

Jf17 should have been used to engage the Indian mig21s and f16 should have been used as a backup. The same way Indians used the mig21 and used mirage2000, su30mki as a backup.

This gives out the idea that the larger number jf17s are not capable enough to defend our skies. Our airforce is not confident enough to use them as a first point for defence. Keep in mind jf17 is no more a new plane. It has 10+years service.

I agree, The JF-17s should have launched their SD-10A missiles alongside the Aim-120Cs, if they didn't do so. PAF went with what was reliable, but the February skirmish was the best time to find out if the SD-10 worked or not, although we don't know for sure the PAF didn't launch the SD-10. Hopefully the PAF will upgrade the JF-17s and push them to the forefront in the next engagement. Historically, the F-16s Participated in the exercises with our Western and Turkish Allies, while the JF-17 and mirages participated in exercises with the PLAAF. An encouraging sign this year is the JF-17 participating in the exercise in Turkey.

sirji, beshak ap J-10C ke paise FGF me laga de, par kya usse defence requirement pori ho gayengy?

Kya FGF 6-8 ton barood leke dushman ke chaky chura sakta hai?
Agr JF-17 SEAD ya DEAD mission pe uss tarha support kar sakta jis tarha J-10C kar sakta hai?
Kya JF-17 utna load utha sakta hai jitna J-10C utha sakta hai?
kya JF-17 4-5 ghanty air me reh sakta hai, q k Su-30MKI or Rafale to reh sakty hai on air for 4-5 hours.

israel ko 1967 and 1973 me jis cheez ne madad ke wo uske fighter jets thy Mirage and Phantom. q k ye fighter jets on air zyada samy tak flight kar sakty hai without refuel ke as compare to migs and Sukhois of Egypt, Syria, Jordan etc..

Please in English!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom