What's new

PAF to induct 188 JF-17 aircrafts including 26 JF-17B & 50 JF-17 Blk3

why not M-346 FA?
Technically M-346 and yak-130 is the same aircraft.

i prefer Yak-130 over M-346 and L-15 is that it will open the doors for the Pakistan to buy offensive weapons from Russia.

i prefer Yak-130 over M-346 and L-15 is that it will open the doors for the Pakistan to buy offensive weapons from Russia.
The doors have always been open if the money was there. and the M-346 will open possibilities including the Raven AESA and associated missiles such as the meteor.

The doors have always been open if the money was there. and the M-346 will open possibilities including the Raven AESA and associated missiles such as the meteor.
and that will also depend on the YES of USA.

and that will also depend on the YES of USA.
You think the Russians would have sold anything without the Chinese playing their part? (RD93's) The Experience of the Indians with their Russian aircraft should be a eye opener for you.....

Hi,

Why would we not follow the US trend---is it because of some inherent stupidity---?

The US has set the standards of modern day combat---weapons---the type of weapons and their usage and I have to say that on a defense forum to people who want to write on this forum and yet are clueless to know who the leader is---?
And you know everything about Pakistan military. @MastanKhan

That is if Russia will be willing to sell us weapons. Selling us engines is one thing, but selling us arsenal that could be used against our neighbors - I doubt it.

Besides, M-346 is by Leonardo & they have already set up a field office in Pakistan.

All western lift will cost more than jf-17 so most probably it’s eastern system jl-10 or yak-130 ??

A sqn of 20-25 is max I think will do replacing one of new f-7 based lift sqn

All western lift will cost more than jf-17 so most probably it’s eastern system jl-10 or yak-130 ??

yes what will jl-10 get? no different to keeping existing ft-7ps.

That is if Russia will be willing to sell us weapons. Selling us engines is one thing, but selling us arsenal that could be used against our neighbors - I doubt it.

Besides, M-346 is by Leonardo & they have already set up a field office in Pakistan.

Yak-130 is not a frontline fighter jet. it is just a advance fighter trainer.

Russia wants to sell weapon to Pakistan but they do not want to jump from nothing to everything

You think the Russians would have sold anything without the Chinese playing their part? (RD93's) The Experience of the Indians with their Russian aircraft should be a eye opener for you.....
yes, it was China which play role of middleman for RD93 engine..

Russian weapons are also used by China and other countries but problem only lies with indian maintenance system.

Yak-130 is not a frontline fighter jet. it is just a advance fighter trainer.

Russia wants to sell weapon to Pakistan but they do not want to jump from nothing to everything

yes, it was China which play role of middleman for RD93 engine..

Russian weapons are also used by China and other countries but problem only lies with indian maintenance system.
While our Chinese weapons have been tested in active combat and so have western , the Russian systems have failed many time like panstirs in Syria etc ( I'm not counting the s400 or s300 failure against cruise missile strike because they are they're to defend Russians, not Syrians they weren't used ). Further more Russian maintenance is notoriously bad , however Russian does produce cheaper and good other systems like the Terminator , armata, Rantik systems ( though these can be made locally ) , optronics, atgms, Special purposes weaponry etc,. No point in buying a fighter fleet from them except and unless it's a very advanced vserison of a su35 in good price with permission for installing local components and weapons and a pre agreed spare parts delivery system and stocking, even then I'd prefer if uncle sam allowed new F16 as they would be cheaper to purchase as support system already present , plus link the purchases to more autonomy for our f16 ( like turkey which uses its own weapons on then) and new gen missiles like the 9x and 120D and you have a direct toe to toe competitor, perhaps even better than Rafael

Italian Jet will give us more advantage than others as @Keysersoze said make sense will open door for EU subsystems

All this means is by June 2019

• We have 50 Block I (Being modernized to Block II)
  • We will have 62 Block II, Original 50 plus 12 Extra , June 2019 last 3 will come

June 2019 to June 2020
After that 29 would be the JF-17 Block II B configuration prior to Block III
(Most likely used for Training new Cadets)

After March 2020 we will hear about Block III introduction

Last edited:
All this means is by June 2019

• We have 50 Block I (Being modernized to Block II)
  • We will have 62 Block II, Original 50 plus 12 Extra , June 2019 last 3 will come

June 2019 to June 2020
After that 29 would be the JF-17 Block II B configuration prior to Block III
(Most likely used for Training new Cadets)

After March 2020 we will hear about Block III introduction
You mean 26

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom