What's new

JF-17, a First-rate Fighter Jet -- Admits IAF chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's all good for us and bad for our enemies so lets not say that india is our enemy unless they want to be one and have a piece of us. Pakistan will bring way too many surprises pretty soon just **** back and watch :)

Give us a clue....?

typical statements made by ACMs of all air forces to get funds for newer platforms - i woudnt read too much into this report/comments!

very professional and true statement SIR!!!
and also this iz the reason they want MRCA's from 126 to 140!

I am on Fatmans side on this one. This is a typical statement of CAS who wants to remind te people holding the purse that dange lurks round the corner. Secondly JF17 is being developed as we speak. So thanks for the compliment. Lets move on!! No need to bang our chests just yet.
WaSalam
Araz

Thank god,at least this PDF has some saner mature opinion makers around put things in to proper prospective.

Does it mean PLAAF is going to induct JF-17 ? Somewhere I read the other-way.

Does it mean PLAAF is going to induct JF-17 ? Somewhere I read the other-way.

I think PLAAF will not induct JF-17. They will go for J-10 n J-XX. In future i think PAC will sale the JF-17 to other third world conturies

The Chinese air force is ridding itself of obsolete platforms from the 1960s such as the J-6 and J-7 (equivalent to MiG-19s and MiG-21s). The People’s Liberation Army Air Force is pushing full steam ahead with the induction of first-rate fighter jets such as Sukhoi-30s, JF-17 Thunder light combat aircraft, J-10 strike fighters, airborne early warning aircraft and midair refuellers to expand the operating radius of its fighter jets.

To me this part seems to have been inserted by the author, and does not appear to be a quote of the IAF chief.

The sentences immediately before and after the above excerpt appear to be the IAF chief's quotes.

Chinese are not inducting the JF-17 (FC-1) in their inventory - this platform is "export oriented"only!!!

why china not inducting jf-17 ?
could anybody explain .

They can afford to buy and maintain medium weight fighters. Sort of the same Russia are not going for single engined, medium weight fighters and USA do not have a light weight fighter in their inventories.

Chinese are not inducting the JF-17 (FC-1) in their inventory - this platform is "export oriented"only!!!

There have been reports that they might, especially after development of WS-13 and a ground-attack variant of JF-17. Currently, both PAC and CAC are serving PAF's needs. I think after the first batch is over (2010-11), and if WS-13 is ready by then, CAC would be in a position to supply the plane to PLAAF and export.

After all, PLAAF has a commitment to buy some of these planes.

What misleading Topic.

The NEW ACM of IAF is merely stating that the PLAAF is no longer a junkyard for J6 & J7 Q5 etc .

They are now a very potent Air force. India will need to spend BIG $$$$ to maintain a suitable detterant.

He was complemeting the Chinease Air force NOT the JF17 i believe.

As far as PAF is concerned their big daddy will be the AMRAAM equipped F16s in post 2011

please correct me if i am wrong but PLAAF is not inducting any JF-17s if i know my basics....but then again i could be wrong....so he is just being MODEST and is trying to tell the new government don't you dare undermine our projects....typical fear tactics used by all military chiefs of the world......

JF17 is currently under eveluation by them, they may induct it but only in small numbers as they are also locally producing J11B and J10!
anway i wish that the chines do go for threee to five squadrons of JF17 replacing some of there old aircrafts!

Regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom