What's new

Indian minister vist PAF Jf-17 in airshow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistani members at the forum really seem excited over the JF-17, while it is understandable from the point of view that it is the only fighter that they are capable of manufacturing to some degree. In all this excitement they fail to do an objective analysis of the aircraft and its capability. Still a couple of points really go against the JF-17:

1. If the JF-17 is such a capable fighter aircraft then why have the Chinese themselves not inducted it!!??

2. Future production of the JF-17 is going to hampered by engine problems. The Russian are unlikely to supply any more RD-93 engines & by PAF sources itself the Chinese developed WS-13 is likely to take at least 5 years to mature.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...unders-new-more-potent-superior-engine-2.html

refer to post 30

These two reasons alone throw serious doubts about the viability of the JF-17 project.

how many Su 30 russians have ??? :what: who told you russians are going to stop engine export to pakistan :what: these are rumors nothing gona happen like that if russia did stop engines then china is ready with another engine for jf17 :smokin: by the way if u r unable to make operational LCA then its not our fault yar .. i guess ur lca will get operational in 6th generation of air crafts :woot:

how many Su 30 russians have ??? :what: who told you russians are going to stop engine export to pakistan :what: these are rumors nothing gona happen like that if russia did stop engines then china is ready with another engine for jf17 :smokin: by the way if u r unable to make operational LCA then its not our fault yar .. i guess ur lca will get operational in 6th generation of air crafts :woot:

The Russians operate way more Su=30's than the Chinese ever had plans of inducting the JF-17.

Reports in Russian papers are not rumors. Link : Pogosyan to limit supply of RD- 93 to China

PAF sources themselves say that WS-13 is going to take at least 5 years to mature. Air Vice Marshal Arif of the PAF was quoted as saying this at Farnborough. For link refer to my previous post.

how many Su 30 russians have ???

You must be kidding here. For your knowledge the Russians use Su-27 acronym for the Russian airforce and Su-30 for export versions.

And to those who are saying that the new Su-30 MKI's will cost around $102 million a unit, it includes armaments and life cycle maintenance cost. Add any formidable radar to your JF 17 and the cost will increase exponentially. Besides let me tell you that in an interview ,a few months back, HAL director said that the cost per unit of making the Su-30 MKI is $22 million a unit.

To those who said that the JF17 could not be compared with Bisons, always remember that as far as interception is considered Bisons are as good or even better than the JF-17. The jamming system is game for any modern fighter PAF has including F-16. Besides they can carry the R-27 and R-77 which is more than enough to intercept any aircraft PAF has.

If I am Pakistani Defense Minister and find a chance to see LCA like this. I would love to go on Indian Stall with some of my PAF staff to see how good or bad the aircraft is. To me his visit is not a surprise. :cheers:

:pakistan:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom