What's new

How save is Pakistan for western tourists?

Just a general question because i love to travel the world and i know Pakistan has amazing mountains to see. How save would you say is Pakistan for a european guy to visit? Are there areas you would say are absolute no go? Are there areas you say are completly save?

Pretty safe, go to Peshawar if u r into weed/hash and eating meat. Visit Kailash if u wanna meet greek remnants.

Pretty safe, go to Peshawar if u r into weed/hash and eating meat. Visit Kailash if u wanna meet greek remnants.
Visit Kashmir if you want to see neelum valley
Visit Lahore for it's culture,food and history
Visit potohar for taxilla, its ancient universities, and wider ghandhara cvillization
Visit Muree if you wanna freeze to death roadside while locals refuse to take you in or provide anything without exorbitant prices

We had a Greek professor once in Chitral. He came here with the promise to build a university for "his" people. He took huge sums of money from EU and it all ended up in his pockets. He built a building though. The Taliban crossed over from Afghanistan and kidnapped the Greek professor. The Greek professor was asleep and his bodyguard was killed. Pak military had to intervene and negotiate his release. The Greek professor got released and Pakistan requested him to leave. He didn't want to leave, but the government forced him eventually. The building is today used as a museam where tourists and foreign ambassadors pay visits. Just a short story about a Greek professor in the valley of Chitral.

We had a Greek professor once in Chitral. He came here with the promise to build a university for "his" people. He took huge sums of money from EU and it all ended up in his pockets. He built a building though. The Taliban crossed over from Afghanistan and kidnapped the Greek professor. The Greek professor was asleep and his bodyguard was killed. Pak military had to intervene and negotiate his release. The Greek professor got released and Pakistan requested him to leave. He didn't want to leave, but the government forced him eventually. The building is today used as a museam where tourists and foreign ambassadors pay visits. Just a short story about a Greek professor in the valley of Chitral.

That is a good story. Actually many such westerners have tried to settle and start some kind of university/learning centers but they all endup being kidnapped and then they go back. I used to get angry at the loss of opportunities for our ppl but then i came across a case where there was a foreigner that settled here and wanted to educate ppl n do social work and human rights issues, later he was found to be a top spy for a western country, thanks to our vigilant guys. Long story short, he didn't want to leave but got kidnapped n then released and then had to leave 😂.

Nice photos.
Can someone change the save to safe in the title ??
Also many adventurous westerners are not interested in going to secluded mountains to see 0.001 % of your western looking paharis.
They want to see the real Pakistan in Karachi, lahore , Peshawar.
This I can say with confidence based on their comments on sites like indiamike.com
For beach holidays and luxury they have Thailand and Dubai.
People who look like Miandad are also Pakistani.
When i visit Pakistan, I will spend time only in karachi Lahore and Peshawar.

Discover Pakistan TV is the first tourism channel of Pakistan.[1] Launched on 21st March 2021, Discover Pakistan TV is owned by Options International SMC PVT LTV. The channel claims to focus on promoting domestic and international tourism in Pakistan.[2] [3] [4] [5] [6] Its slogan is ‘Sab se Pyara Pakistan’ (Pakistan, the best). The channel’s show Discovery Ride is hosted by Zenith Irfan[7] (the first female Pakistani to motorcycle across Pakistan).

On 26th March 2021, The Tourism Development Corporation of Pakistan (TDCP), and Discover Pakistan signed a memorandum of agreement (MoU) to promote tourism in the Punjab. The MoU was signed by TDCP Managing Director Tanveer Jabbar and Discover Pakistan TV Chief Executive Officer Kaiser Rafique.[8]

List of Shows:

1-The Morning show

2- Welcome to Pakistan, hosted by Hina Ejaz

3- Mera Pakistan

4- Story of Pakistan

5- Madventures, hosted by Amad Mir

6- Meet the CEO

7- Dil Hai Pakistani, hosted by Maria Wo

8- Discovery Ride, hosted by Zenith Irfan

9- Food Mobile

10- Street Food.

Watch Live - https://discoverpakistan.tv/

Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFgNFVvOtVRg5Zgn2xGJQcw/videos

@Apollon

Maybe stupid question but how can one go there easy way? I guess there are no direct flights from Europe. 😅 Are the serious tour operators who plan and help with evrything?

Direct flights to Pakistan are available. Go on skyscanner or an equivalent. Is there a place you want to fly too specifically?

Nice photos.
Can someone change the save to safe in the title ??
Also many adventurous westerners are not interested in going to secluded mountains to see 0.001 % of your western looking paharis.
They want to see the real Pakistan in Karachi, lahore , Peshawar.
This I can say with confidence based on their comments on sites like indiamike.com
For beach holidays and luxury they have Thailand and Dubai.
People who look like Miandad are also Pakistani.
When i visit Pakistan, I will spend time only in karachi Lahore and Peshawar.

Overall good post.
But I am surprised you'd want to go to the major cities of Pakistan, being from India. The experiences in Pakistan's major cities would not be dissimilar-enough from those in India's major cities to justify spending money at the expense of arguably some of the best mountain scenery in the world which Pakistan boasts. I have been to India twice--Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmadabad and smaller cities and have absolutely no interest in going back there. However, exotic Kerala and the Himalayan mountains of India are well worth going.

That is a good story. Actually many such westerners have tried to settle and start some kind of university/learning centers but they all endup being kidnapped and then they go back. I used to get angry at the loss of opportunities for our ppl but then i came across a case where there was a foreigner that settled here and wanted to educate ppl n do social work and human rights issues, later he was found to be a top spy for a western country, thanks to our vigilant guys. Long story short, he didn't want to leave but got kidnapped n then released and then had to leave 😂.

Not everyone can be trusted.

Overall good post.
But I am surprised you'd want to go to the major cities of Pakistan, being from India. The experiences in Pakistan's major cities would not be dissimilar-enough from those in India's major cities to justify spending money at the expense of arguably some of the best mountain scenery in the world which Pakistan boasts. I have been to India twice--Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmadabad and smaller cities and have absolutely no interest in going back there. However, exotic Kerala and the Himalayan mountains of India are well worth going.

I dont agree with his statement. Big cities are horror for me. I want see nature and big cities for me are just a hub to go to the nature.

I come from a small town. Even Athens is too big for my taste. For few days ok but then i want back too nature.

Direct flights to Pakistan are available. Go on skyscanner or an equivalent. Is there a place you want to fly too specifically?

Well i guess it goes from Athens via Dubai to Islamabad. Or from Frankfurt via Dubai to Islamabad. And i assume most easy way from Islamabad to those mountain areas is when we hire a guide and driver.

I dont agree with his statement. Big cities are horror for me. I want see nature and big cities for me are just a hub to go to the nature.

I come from a small town. Even Athens is too big for my taste. For few days ok but then i want back too nature.

Well, you know my own thread about nature and country living. So we are much alike on that.

But Greece is probably my #1 destination to go in Europe. It really is, closely followed by rural Italy, Scottish Highlands, northern Scandinavia. I have very little interest in the glitzy cities, especially of western Europe. I believe people go there for 'bragging rights'. Hahaha!
One of my good friends in America is a lady from Athens and we have discussed a lot about travels over the last 15+ years we have known each other. She is also a nature lover. She knows Mt. Athos in Greece is one of my most desired destinations but there are restrictions to go there. When I would go to Greece, I'd probably spend a little time in Athens and then would go to the islands...

Well, you know my own thread about nature and country living. So we are much alike on that.

But Greece is probably my #1 destination to go in Europe. It really is, closely followed by rural Italy, Scottish Highlands, northern Scandinavia. I have very little interest in the glitzy cities, especially of western Europe. I believe people go there for 'bragging rights'. Hahaha!
One of my good friends in America is a lady from Athens and we have discussed a lot about travels over the last 15+ years we have known each other. She is also a nature lover. She knows Mt. Athos in Greece is one of my most desired destinations but there are restrictions to go there. When I would go to Greece, I'd probably spend a little time in Athens and then would go to the islands...

Also dont miss Peloponnese. Its my home area and you have amazing nature here. Huge mountains and also old culture. Sparta, Olympia. Evrything is here.

Look:

PXL_20210923_105736281.jpg

Well i guess it goes from Athens via Dubai to Islamabad. Or from Frankfurt via Dubai to Islamabad. And i assume most easy way from Islamabad to those mountain areas is when we hire a guide and driver.

Yeah, you'll have a connecting flight in the Gulf somewhere. Direct flights to Pakistan are available in countries with larger Pakistani diaspora. To travel to the mountains the best way is to hire a guide and a driver. You can book people from the internet but those packages seem expensive. I'm sure if you ever want to go, guys here will be able to provide you details of local operators who are cheaper. My brother is still in contact with one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom