What's new

How save is Pakistan for western tourists?

Maybe stupid question but how can one go there easy way? I guess there are no direct flights from Europe. šŸ˜… Are the serious tour operators who plan and help with evrything?

Maybe stupid question but how can one go there easy way? I guess there are no direct flights from Europe. šŸ˜… Are the serious tour operators who plan and help with evrything?

You can visit the website of various tour guides operating in Pakistan and contact them yourself to get the information that you need. These are two of the tour guide firms that I know.

Safe..?? If mountaineers trying to climb a peak at 5000m have been killed by terrorists in Pakistan, then I think no one is safe.
Just imagine the hatred when terrorists buy ice axe, downsuits and crampons just to reach the base camp to kill mountaineers.

Safe..?? If mountaineers trying to climb a peak at 5000m have been killed by terrorists in Pakistan, then I think no one is safe.
Just imagine the hatred when terrorists buy ice axe, downsuits and crampons just to reach the base camp to kill mountaineers.

Thanks for your Indian opinion.

You can fly from Istanbul to most of the big cities of Pakistan.

Hi

Here is the official UK guidance on travelling to India

report.

Sexual assault​

Attitudes towards women vary across India but in general, women travellers should exercise caution when travelling in India even if travelling in a group. There has been an increase in reports of sexual assault against women and young girls, including recent sexual attacks against foreign female visitors in tourist areas and cities. Women travellers often receive unwanted attention in the form of verbal and physical harassment by individuals or groups of men. Serious sexual attacks involving both Indian and foreign nationals have been reported. British women have been the victims of sexual assault, including rape, in Goa, Delhi, Rajasthan, Mumbai and Kerala. While travelling in India you should respect local dress codes and customs and avoid isolated areas, including beaches, when alone at any time of day. See these travel tips for women travellers.

If youā€™re the victim of a sex crime, see information for British nationals affected by rape or sexual assault abroad.

Much depends on your itinenary. My suggestion is as follows -

• use Islamabad as your travel hub. Capital of the country, first class international airport and probably safer then Athens and certainly safer then US cities. It makes perfect intro to Pakistan. There are regular direct flights from Istanbul or Dubai or London etc. There is large ex-pat Pakistani community in Greece. find out what flights they use.

• Islamabad is connected to Peshawar in the west and Lahore on the east by world class expressways so you can visit both historical cities safely and within 3 hours max.

• In addition you can go north to Gilgit Baltistan by air or road. This is fav of foreign tourists with with world beating awesome mountain scenery and unique culture of the Hunza valley.

• Also you can visit Swat or Chitral and visit Kalash valleys. again unique and get to see some legacy of Alexander's visit to this region.

Map below of suggested itinenary. It sort of looks like a inverted Greek letter P. This pretty well includes the best Pakistan has to offer, is safe and unique. Islamabad makes perfect base for this trip.

PAK Hol.png

CAVEAT: Rest of the country like areas adjoining Iran or Afghanistan are crash zones for geo-politcs which you probably regularly hear on news and best kept away from, although even these are not as dangerous as what you are led to believe.

Then you have Karachi which is just a dump and nothing unique to offer. You might as well go to Mumbai or Delhi and be safer. You also have interior Sindh or south Punjab but probably best avoided for first time tourist and best left for now. Of course this is my prejudiced take but most western tourists enjoy and prefer the itinenary I suggested. All the best. If you decide to go forward get back to me and I will give you more details/contacts.

Much depends on your itinenary. My suggestion is as follows -

• use Islamabad as your travel hub. Capital of the country, first class international airport and probably safer then Athens and certainly safer then US cities. It makes perfect intro to Pakistan. There are regular direct flights from Istanbul or Dubai or London etc. There is large ex-pat Pakistani community in Greece. find out what flights they use.

• Islamabad is connected to Peshawar in the west and Lahore on the east by world class expressways so you can visit both historical cities safely and within 3 hours max.

• In addition you can go north to Gilgit Baltistan by air or road. This is fav of foreign tourists with with world beating awesome mountain scenery and unique culture of the Hunza valley.

• Also you can visit Swat or Chitral and visit Kalash valleys. again unique and get to see some legacy of Alexander's visit to this region.

Map below of suggested itinenary. It sort of looks like a inverted Greek letter P. This pretty well includes the best Pakistan has to offer, is safe and unique. Islamabad makes perfect base for this trip.

View attachment 815201

CAVEAT: Rest of the country like areas adjoining Iran or Afghanistan are crash zones for geo-politcs which you probably regularly hear on news and best kept away from, although even these are not as dangerous as what you are led to believe.

Then you have Karachi which is just a dump and nothing unique to offer. You might as well go to Mumbai or Delhi and be safer. You also have interior Sindh or south Punjab but probably best avoided for first time tourist and best left for now. Of course this is my prejudiced take but most western tourists enjoy and prefer the itinenary I suggested. All the best. If you decide to go forward get back to me and I will give you more details/contacts.

Thank you.

Just a general question because i love to travel the world and i know Pakistan has amazing mountains to see. How save would you say is Pakistan for a european guy to visit? Are there areas you would say are absolute no go? Are there areas you say are completly save?

Most of Pakistan is safe. If you plan to travel stick the big cities and tourist areas like Northern areas then all I can say is enjoy and have a great time. Travel to troubled areas like rural Balochistan, the Afghan border, or very close to the (active) Indian border in Azad Kashmir are restricted or heavily monitored.

Whatever you decide just remember two things:

- Pakistan is a developing country with a high level of poverty, so don't try to compare it to first world nations.

- Use your common sense in every situation and you will be fine. For example if you see an attractive lady, just remember that Pakistan is culturally conservative so approaching them and flirting will most likely not be acceptable.

Truth be told Pakistan isn't safe for anyone not even Pakistanis let alone non Muslim foreigners. You never when a peaceful will have epiphany and you find yourself surrounded by religiously charged mob baying for your blood.

Most of Pakistan is safe. If you plan to travel stick the big cities and tourist areas like Northern areas then all I can say is enjoy and have a great time. Travel to troubled areas like rural Balochistan, the Afghan border, or very close to the (active) Indian border in Azad Kashmir are restricted or heavily monitored.

Whatever you decide just remember two things:

- Pakistan is a developing country with a high level of poverty, so don't try to compare it to first world nations.

- Use your common sense in every situation and you will be fine. For example if you see an attractive lady, just remember that Pakistan is culturally conservative so approaching them and flirting will most likely not be acceptable.

Greece is also a conservative country. ;) Im not an idiot and know how to behave. I know Pakistan is not the typical travel destination for the average european and i think i know how to behave. When we were in Egypt this december we also went to El Minya in middle egypt. There is zero tourism there and i had no problem. We also went to Fayum.

I have made the experience that in most cases people in areas with not so much european tourists they react mostly very friendly to impress and one gets treated like a star. šŸ˜…

In Egypt we visited tombs in Beni Hasan which is very remote and a school class arrived. They all wanted a picture with us. šŸ˜…

I also noticed evrything is possible. For example the tomb of Akhenaten is closed for visitors but the mayor of that village went with us there and opened it. He took no money for it. He was simply impressed that we came all the way from Greece to visit there.

Just a general question because i love to travel the world and i know Pakistan has amazing mountains to see. How save would you say is Pakistan for a european guy to visit? Are there areas you would say are absolute no go? Are there areas you say are completly save?
I spent 7 years in Pakistani mountains. Safest place on earth. Nicest people you will ever come across

recently this turkish girl go by herself and she seemed fine:

So stop being pussy big boy.

Also make sure to visit museums if youā€™re interested in indo Greek history.

Avoid Balochistan, it has unrest at the moment and the former FATA region.

Other than that its perfectly safe. The big cities are great for tourism as well as the popular rural tourist spots. These fall into two categories.

1. Rural tourist towns like Muree which are frequented by locals a lot. These places are relatively easy to access.

2. The Extremely rural North of Pakistan. Places like Hunza, Gilgit etc. For these epic tourist places you ought to really take a tour guide. They can help ease of travel, booking hotels, fund the tourist spots.

Pakistan is generally safe but the level of tourist infrastructure varies from place to place in all the places mentioned you'll find guest houses, restaurants etc even tour guides, but if you end up in a random village you'll find no tourist infrastructure.

Back
Top Bottom