What's new

China to debut new version of powerful Long March 5 rocket this week

The Space Race has already been won by the United States. The US has visited every planet in the Solar System, and put man on the Moon.

Winning what exactly? China has never even visited another planet before. Meanwhile NASA has been to every one in the Solar System. China has won nothing.
You never visit the back of the moon. :enjoy:

Btw, this is first day long March 5B series rocket launch in daytime.

Last edited:
There is no end to these things for you to claim you've "won" anything. There is no finish line here. This is not some game to be used as propaganda. Space endeavours are endless in their potentials. I suggest we take our focus away from such rather petty criteria.

No other country has come close to what NASA and the US space industry has achieved. Not even close....

The US is at the bleeding edge of space innovation. From the Ingenuity drone that will launch with Perseverance and be the first aircraft to achieve powered flight on another planet, to the Mars Sample Return Mission, to the Dragonfly rotorcraft that will fly in the atmosphere of Titan, to the James Webb Space Telescope, to SpaceX Starship, to the Europa Clipper Mission. The US is at the forefront. China winning my ***. Try visiting another planet first.

The Space Race has already been won by the United States. The US has visited every planet in the Solar System, and put man on the Moon.

Winning what exactly? China has never even visited another planet before. Meanwhile NASA has been to every one in the Solar System. China has won nothing.
The race has no end, there's a beginning but no ending, besides, what you can do in the past doesn't mean you can still do it now or even in the future, during the cold war you put tremendous funds and resources in this field but that's not sustainable, now you can't do the same any more, with your declining and China's rising power, it's not hard to predict what future will play out for China and US.

No other country has come close to what NASA and the US space industry has achieved. Not even close....

The US is at the bleeding edge of space innovation. From the Ingenuity drone that will launch with Perseverance and be the first aircraft to achieve powered flight on another planet, to the Mars Sample Return Mission, to the Dragonfly rotorcraft that will fly in the atmosphere of Titan, to the James Webb Space Telescope, to SpaceX Starship, to the Europa Clipper Mission. The US is at the forefront. China winning my ***. Try visiting another planet first.

My friend, the future is what matters. You did great things until now, but your whole notion of you have "won" is not wise. You need to reform your thinking.

My friend, the future is what matters. You did great things until now, but your whole notion of you have "won" is not wise. You need to reform your thinking.

All of the missions I stated are planned or funded over the next 5-8 years.

I understand, but the future is endless, not just the next 8 years. What I am saying is don't think in terms of you have won the race. If you want to think in those terms, just focus on being ahead. The moment you claimed to have won, it propagandises things too much. Space is a healthy competition. I hope to see many more nations try to reach great goals here.

We'll see if you still can afford a spacestation in the coming years.China was nowhere close to where she gets now a decade ago, we'll see where China will be a decade from now.

China had already made more launches than any other countries in the world for 2 years, and the lead is getting bigger with every passing year.

We'll see if you still can afford a spacestation in the coming years.China was nowhere close to where she gets now a decade ago, we'll see where China will be a decade from now.

You claimed China is winning. And I ask what have you won? To date, it seems nothing. At least relative to the United States. The US is at the forefront. There’s no denying that.

Moon rover, Mar mission, heavylift rockets, spacestation, Beidou global positioning system... there are a lot of tasks Chinese space teams need to work on this year.

You claimed China is winning. And I ask what have you won? To date, it seems nothing. At least relative to the United States. The US is at the forefront. There’s no denying that.
At least we have more space activities than you now and it just started, everyone can see how fast Chinese space technology is advancing.

China may have over 40 space launches in 2020
The number of China's space launches over the past two years ranked first in the world.
https://www.spacedaily.com/reports/China_may_have_over_40_space_launches_in_2020_999.html

You are right, the United States is still the only superpower in the field of space.
But at present, the United States government has invested less money in the space field.As the federal deficit increases, there is less money to spend.

Moon rover, Mar mission, heavylift rockets, spacestation, Beidou global positioning system... there are a lot of tasks Chinese space teams need to work on this year.

At least we have more space activities than you now and it just started, everyone can see how fast Chinese space technology is advancing.

China may have over 40 space launches in 2020
The number of China's space launches over the past two years ranked first in the world.
https://www.spacedaily.com/reports/China_may_have_over_40_space_launches_in_2020_999.html

Your achieving things done decades ago. For China, this is a big deal, but not for US.

The US is at the forefront of space exploration. What the US is attempting to do with the James Webb Space Telescope alone is far more consequential for the advancement of space science and astrophysics than how many launches China is putting up annually.

Your achieving things done decades ago. For China, this is a big deal, but not for US.

The US is at the forefront of space exploration. What the US is attempting to do with the James Webb Space Telescope alone is far more consequential for the advancement of space science and astrophysics than how many launches China is putting up annually.
We'll see, but it's obvious that US now can't do what it used to be able to do, but that's natural, cold war projects were not sustainable, China does the work one thing at a time, never in a hurry.

We'll see, but it's obvious that US now can't do what it used to be able to do, but that's natural, cold war projects were not sustainable, China does the work one thing at a time, never in a hurry.

Once again, China is achieving things done decades ago. There’s a big difference between can’t do and choosing not to. We’ve moved on to more worthwhile projects.

Sourgraped comment. China FAST far outweight any project US are coming. It is the only hope to detect ET from outerspace. The previous one is not powerful enough.

Next one is CZ-9
The picture is Saturn-V CZ-3 CZ-9.

cz9.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom