What's new

Featured Azerbaijan and Pakistan JF-17 negotiations

Is this deal confirmed? I saw this

says that Russian Mig-35 offer lost against Pakistan's Jf-17 offer, implies that there is a done deal?
How credible is this source?

How credible is this source?

This source get the information from topwar, an Russia website

IMO, not accurate, they are guessing

Is this deal confirmed? I saw this

says that Russian Mig-35 offer lost against Pakistan's Jf-17 offer, implies that there is a done deal?

All the sources I see (Russian, Vietnamese, etc.) seem to quote the 1news website from Azerbaijian. However, the source is dubious since we should hear some noise from either CAC or Pakistan before the deal is made. Compare this with the Nigerian purchase.

All the sources I see (Russian, Vietnamese, etc.) seem to quote the 1news website from Azerbaijian. However, the source is dubious since we should hear some noise from either CAC or Pakistan before the deal is made. Compare this with the Nigerian purchase.

well in case of mynmaar there was no confirmation from either Cac nor Pac only Asia country at Paris so may be but tile will tell
Even Nigerian one was disclose by customer not Pac or Cac

well in case of mynmaar there was no confirmation from either Cac nor Pac only Asia country at Paris so may be but tile will tell
Even Nigerian one was disclose by customer not Pac or Cac

I want the deal to happen as much as anyone else here. However for now we don't have enough corroborating evidence.

Both counties have right to market and sell to anyone no duplication of effort, Chinese selling it to Argentina [emoji1033] while pac to Qatar, Malaysia, and Azerbaijan. Not sure who has the ball for others counties if any bit as Chinese has sold to South American countries other aircraft such as k8 etc so most probably

All aircraft sold will have 58 % pac and rest catac share

Myanmar was also sold by china.
For all sales, not only profit but work is also shared. PAC did it's workshare for jets sold by china to myanmar. CAC did it's share for jets sold by Pakistan to Nigeria.

Both counties have right to market and sell to anyone no duplication of effort, Chinese selling it to Argentina [emoji1033] while pac to Qatar, Malaysia, and Azerbaijan. Not sure who has the ball for others counties if any bit as Chinese has sold to South American countries other aircraft such as k8 etc so most probably

All aircraft sold will have 58 % pac and rest catac share

China markets the Chinese variant - ie FC1. Pakistan markets the JF17. They are different versions(one is where all subsystems and munitions are Chinese, the other is more global.).

ie Nigeria has purchased the JF17.
Myanmar has purchse the FC1.

Both are different versions of the same underlying platform. The "Thunder" ....

I really wish people would learn to make this distinction.

Pakistan will go after countries that are eligible to purchase the J17 and many of its western subsystems.
China will go after countries that cannot purchase some of those western subsystems and want a pure Chinese product.

That is how the workshare is split between CATIC and PAC ...

China markets the Chinese variant - ie FC1. Pakistan markets the JF17. They are different versions(one is where all subsystems and munitions are Chinese, the other is more global.).

ie Nigeria has purchased the JF17.
Myanmar has purchse the FC1.

Both are different versions of the same underlying platform. The "Thunder" ....

I really wish people would learn to make this distinction.

Pakistan will go after countries that are eligible to purchase the J17 and many of its western subsystems.
China will go after countries that cannot purchase some of those western subsystems and want a pure Chinese product.

That is how the workshare is split between CATIC and PAC ...
Tag team tournament hehe nice

Apparently a PAF delegation under AVM Tariq Zia is due to begin visit to Azerbaijan as from tomorrow.

Azeris are also attending AE 21 where are JFs will be. I think any plane that can exercise with the Turks and be interoperable with them will massively help winning an Azeri order. Obviously Pak support against Armenia will also not be forgotten. Pakistan in a very strong position here.

PAF delegation meets Azerbaijan’s top air force commander
09:37 PM | 17 Jun, 2021

• 1623949639033.png
A delegation of Pakistan Air Force led by Air Vice Marshal Tariq Zia held a meeting with Deputy Minister of Defense of the Republic of Azerbaijan – Commander of the Air Force, Lieutenant General Ramiz Tahirov on Thursday.

Both sides expressed satisfaction with the development of Azerbaijani-Pakistani relations and the level of strategic partnership during the meeting.
The prospects for the development of cooperation between the Air Forces of Azerbaijan and Pakistan in the military, military-educational and military-technical spheres, as well as other issues of mutual interest were discussed.

“First, the Pakistani delegation visited the Alley of Martyrs, laid wreaths and flowers at the graves of our compatriots who died as martyrs for the independence and territorial integrity of the country, and paid tribute to their memory,” read an official statement by Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense.
paf-delegation-meets-azerbaijan-s-top-air-force-commander-1623947760-3280.jpg

“Expressing satisfaction with the education of Azerbaijani military pilots at the Pakistan Air Force Academy, Lieutenant General R. Tahirov stressed that the development of cooperation in the sphere of military aviation and relations between the Air Forces of the two countries, contributes to further strengthening the combat capability of our armies,” the message said.
paf-delegation-meets-azerbaijan-s-top-air-force-commander-1623947760-2291.jpg

Air Vice Marshal Tariq Zia congratulated the Azerbaijani people on the victory in the second Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh War, wished the mercy of Allah Almighty to the souls of all servicemen and civilians who died as martyrs and healing to the wounded

Back
Top Bottom