What's new

Asad Umar: Malaysia interested in procuring JF-17 Thunder from Pakistan

I do not think Block 3 will cost that much more than Block 2.
It will anyway be much cheaper than an equivalent F-16.
Correct, when you consider economies of scale; cost per unit will drop significantly; i am expecting around 150-250 to be built before a Blk IV comes online. Once learnings are made from Blk 3, it will mature into a Blk IV like II did from I. More from weapons integration and additional capabilities which could involve a newer engine - more guess on this dont quote me on it.

I do not think Block 3 will cost that much more than Block 2.
It will anyway be much cheaper than an equivalent F-16.
AESA radar do not come cheap but internal modification to fit and blend in with whole aircraft. Its not really just plug and play. There is a lot of internal work need to be done. You are using a new generation of radar and not just upgrade.

AESA radar do not come cheap but internal modification to fit and blend in with whole aircraft. Its not really just plug and play. There is a lot of internal work need to be done. You are using a new generation of radar and not just upgrade.

Cannot see the price for Block 3 being more than 10-15 million dollar per plane over Block 2 and so 40-45 per unit.

Cannot see the price for Block 3 being more than 10-15 million dollar per plane over Block 2 and so 40-45 per unit.

depends on the package and configuration they choose ... price is flexible but it won't be less than 35 million dollars .

TA-50 top speed is only 1.5 Mach with USA engine and AMRAAM missile which is still in development for export and Tejas have only one version so far Tejas MK-1 as MK-2 is still in development. As per current info JF-17 block2 in much better position than the Tejas and T50

yes cant b completely converted but will be converted as much as possible. Specially the radar
No TA-50 has better chance of winning. Commonality with engines, ammunitions, and so on with their F18s.
Mach 1.5 isn't bad when JF17 is only 1.6

No TA-50 has better chance of winning. Commonality with engines, ammunitions, and so on with their F18s.
TA-50 basically a trainer jet. Most of its weapon is still under development

D2VYe6CWsAAyK7n.jpg

D2VYjNsWoAAe1S_.jpg

D2VYo_7X4AAG5oG.jpg

We should be hopeful, I think the JF17 shoot down of the Su-30MKI ( a plane that Malaysia understands at it operates the Su-30MKM already ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_Su-30MKM ) ), will be an eye opener for them interms of capability and it presents an opportunity for more training between PAF and the Royal Malaysian Airforce as they will operate a common platform. Fingers crossed, but we should lower expectations as there are many many variables that go into a procurement decision and the capability of the plane is not the final decider !!!

Friend do you have any idea that can interested countries buy JF17 directly from China without any Pakistani involvement? If no, then why is it so?

Secondly what can PAC kamra do if export orders exceed its production capacity?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom