What's new

Asad Umar: Malaysia interested in procuring JF-17 Thunder from Pakistan

JF-17 is Malaysia only choice.

SK TA-50 and LCA are all fitted with american engine which Malaysia do not want under control of US.

Russian aircraft are poor maintenance and support.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/s...ce-rate-of-fighter-jets-partly-due-to-lack-of

This left JF-17 the only choice, sanction proof, battle proven and engine overhaul can be done by Chinese and PAF , bypassing Russian horrible support.
Right but they'll wait for BLK III instead of going for BLK IIs.

at the end, all block 2 will b converted into block 3
I don't think so, BLK Is are already converted to BLK II's and now BLK II's will be converted to Block 2.5 or BLK II+
They cannot be converted to BLK III.

BLK III prices will not be cheap and BLK II is still lethal. That will depend on how fast RMAF wants JF-17 and how much cash they have.

What?
Additional BLK IIs are under production at the moment and will keep on rolling out till 2020 after which BLK III production will start.

There are only 9 months left to 2020. How many orders of block II can you produce in 8 months?
Rolling out doesn't means all of production line is producing.
If you see BlockIII in 2019, you can rest assure, production line was reprogrammed for new design an year ago.

TA-50 top speed is only 1.5 Mach with USA engine and AMRAAM missile which is still in development for export and Tejas have only one version so far Tejas MK-1 as MK-2 is still in development. As per current info JF-17 block2 in much better position than the Tejas and T50

I don't think so, BLK Is are already converted to BLK II's and now BLK II's will be converted to Block 2.5 or BLK II+
They cannot be converted to BLK III.
yes cant b completely converted but will be converted as much as possible. Specially the radar

BLK III prices will not be cheap and BLK II is still lethal. That will depend on how fast RMAF wants JF-17 and how much cash they have.

I do not think Block 3 will cost that much more than Block 2.
It will anyway be much cheaper than an equivalent F-16.

54516834_284608285797925_3701563838311694336_n.jpg

Such procurements are planned, i don't see any issues with payments.

There's no more block II. Production line is making only blockIII.
How much do you think a BlockIII will cost?
Me think $30 million (35 max) to still be competitive with for example the twin-engined Mig-29M/35 who's price revolve around $45-50 million.. both prices not including weapons' suites..

Price of BLK III would be around 40-45 million USD which would be very affordable for a country like Malaysia, In such a price you can't get a 4++ fighter with an AESA radar nowadays.

It will cost about the half of F-16 blk52.
However that's just the CAPEX. OPEX is equally half than that of F-16.
Now imagine the cost benefit in service life of 40 years.

Think it will be a little more than that - around half that of the latest F-16V.

How much do you think a BlockIII will cost?
Me think $30 million (35 max) to still be competitive with for example the twin-engined Mig-29M/35 who's price revolve around $45-50 million.. both prices not including weapons' suites..

I agree to your guess, it will be very close to Million$30.
Similarly weapon, training, operation, upgrade costs would be half of western counterparts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom