What's new

Asad Umar: Malaysia interested in procuring JF-17 Thunder from Pakistan

Should not the defence ministry be renamed war ministry?
Yes call it, Ministry of Peace

Polish
Pt-91
Dont know how many

How many are functional, Royal Malaysian Armed forces are not in optimum working condition.

Yes
Thai - vt-4
Sg n indon - leopard

Luckily, MY is not at odds with them, not even the slightest. Its always under the radar :-)

From what I read, Malaysian Armed forces are not in an optimum position. Every thing went down the drain under Najib. The last 9 years had not been very kind to Malaysia, thanks to Najib and his wife. They sold pretty much everything for the sake of their personal greed.
If I am correct only 3 SU's are functional rest had some engine issues.

Who is there main enemy?

None. Malaysians have a very robust and dynamic foreign policy, I think Singapore is the only one which actually likes to War games focused on Malaysia. For now the biggest external threat Malaysia is facing is from Philippines based terror groups, as evident from 2013 Lahad Datu incident.

The way Mahatir stood up to see the JF-17 thunder was like when we are at a car showroom to buy a new car and the car finally arrives for a test drive.

Do they demonstrate dog fights in Air Shows. I mean that jets participating in an Air Show test each ohter capabilities??
Simulated Dogfights have taken place in Indonesian Airshow in the past.

The Indonesian Air Force has both Su-27 & Su-30's. They also have F-16 A/C in their inventory.

I hate Pakistani news and TV channels, FFS, why all the graphics, the shouting and the stupid music? Low quality paindu productions.

1 day ago Web Desk
malaysia-interested-in-procuring-jf-17-thunder-anti-tank-missiles-from-pakistan-1553249497-7536.jpg

Malaysia has shown keen interest in procuring JF-17 Thunder fighter planes and anti-tank missiles from Pakistan, Finance Minister Asad Umar told media after delegation-level talks between the two countries' leaders at Prime Minister House in Islamabad on Friday.

Umar said the visiting delegation sought participation of JF-17 Thunder aircraft in a defence fair to be held in Malaysia in the near future.

The finance minister said both sides agreed on business and investment worth hundreds of millions of dollars in diverse fields.

They also agreed to open branches of their banks in the two countries, he added.

A day earlier, Prime Minister’s Adviser on Commerce and Textiles, Industries and Investment Abdul Razak Dawood had said Pakistan expects investments of US $900 million during the Malaysian prime minister’s visit.

The investments would come in different sectors of the economy including telecoms, information technology and food, he had said, adding that Pakistan and Malaysia would be interested in promoting business to business relations and would also strengthen ties between their private sectors for tapping investment opportunities.

https://nation.com.pk/22-Mar-2019/m...-anti-tank-missiles-from-pakistan?version=amp
https://nation.com.pk/22-Mar-2019/m...-anti-tank-missiles-from-pakistan?version=amp

JF-17 is Malaysia only choice.

SK TA-50 and LCA are all fitted with american engine which Malaysia do not want under control of US.

Russian aircraft are poor maintenance and support.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/s...ce-rate-of-fighter-jets-partly-due-to-lack-of

This left JF-17 the only choice, sanction proof, battle proven and engine overhaul can be done by Chinese and PAF , bypassing Russian horrible support.

There's no more block II. Production line is making only blockIII.
What?
Additional BLK IIs are under production at the moment and will keep on rolling out till 2020 after which BLK III production will start.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom