What's new

Rheinmetall releases Panther KF51 Main Battle Tank

Without a doubt giant leap for tank technology to survive future wars after drones crushing them

Now these German APEX PREDATORS have their own kamakazi drones footprint of future tanks are here

Germans always are the ground breakers of all technology today

APS will most likely predetonate the warheads of the drones. From the Switchblade footage in Ukraine it seems like the Trophy definitely could intercept it, as it didn't come from a very extreme angle.

Drone swarms are a threat. The only effective way to bring them down is electronic jamming or some very quick, very high capacity APS. It's beyond my knowledge though.
But than that's what I said, they will come in a very extreme angle.

The problem as far as I can see is, you will still get ding even if you pre-detonate the warheads when you intercept it. And the same argument goes, unless you can completely disintegrate it, it will carry on and hit you with their momentum.

But then this is just a theory, I don't know if anyone had done it before or can it be repelled, so it's kind of pointless to keep on this line of discussion.

Benny is a typical pro western shit talker with no understanding of geopolitics, but here he is correct. Kontakt-5 heavy ERA is effective against sabots and newer ERA will be even better.

Hardkill system:

Last edited:
Benny is a typical pro western shit talker with no understanding of geopolitics, but here he is correct. Kontakt-5 heavy ERA is effective against sabots and newer ERA will be even better.

Hardkill system:

This in itself is BS. The very fact ERA being disposal armour itself mean they cannot be used to stop a APFSDS round. Unless you are only expected to be shot once, with a sabot.

Even if there is a chance it can deflect the incoming APFSDS, once that is expanded you are no longer protected by ERA, which make it ineffective against Sabot. Because unless you get out of the tank and replace that ERA tile mid-battle, even if it can deflect 100%, that will come down to 0 if you get shot in the same spot again.

As for whether they can stop an initial sabot round, that is up for debate, on paper, they can technically deflect an incoming round, but with heavier Depleted Uranium and Tungsten tips, unless we can have actual data regarding this, this is pure speculation.

But than that's what I said, they will come in a very extreme angle.

The problem as far as I can see is, you will still get ding even if you pre-detonate the warheads when you intercept it. And the same argument goes, unless you can completely disintegrate it, it will carry on and hit you with their momentum.

But then this is just a theory, I don't know if anyone had done it before or can it be repelled, so it's kind of pointless to keep on this line of discussion.
If they will come from very extreme angles then yea, Trophy won't stop them, no currently existing APS will.
This in itself is BS. The very fact ERA being disposal armour itself mean they cannot be used to stop a APFSDS round. Unless you are only expected to be shot once, with a sabot.

Even if there is a chance it can deflect the incoming APFSDS, once that is expanded you are no longer protected by ERA, which make it ineffective against Sabot. Because unless you get out of the tank and replace that ERA tile mid-battle, even if it can deflect 100%, that will come down to 0 if you get shot in the same spot again.

As for whether they can stop an initial sabot round, that is up for debate, on paper, they can technically deflect an incoming round, but with heavier Depleted Uranium and Tungsten tips, unless we can have actual data regarding this, this is pure speculation.
Well, needing two hits at the space of a single ERA block is way harder than needing one hit to kill a tank, gives a chance for the tank to hit back or back away.

If they will come from very extreme angles then yea, Trophy won't stop them, no currently existing APS will.

Well, needing two hits at the space of a single ERA block is way harder than needing one hit to kill a tank, gives a chance for the tank to hit back or back away.
Well, depends, I can put 3 rounds on the same target in 9 seconds (last time I did tank commander course this is the passing score) so it is not out of this world to put 2 well aimed hit on the same tank at the same area before it hit back.

On the other hand chances are you are not against a single tank, either a platoon of 4 or a whole company, so for me, you probably better off looking at way to protect yourself like a S tank on how to defeat a sabot than rely on ERA. But then that's just me.

Well, depends, I can put 3 rounds on the same target in 9 seconds (last time I did tank commander course this is the passing score) so it is not out of this world to put 2 well aimed hit on the same tank at the same area before it hit back.

On the other hand chances are you are not against a single tank, either a platoon of 4 or a whole company, so for me, you probably better off looking at way to protect yourself like a S tank on how to defeat a sabot than rely on ERA. But then that's just me.
3 seconds is excellent loading time, a well trained loader can achieve this. Again, it's better to have the capability to survive one hit than none at all.

If you're exposed to a platoon or a company of tanks alone you're bound to have a bad day lol

3 seconds is excellent loading time, a well trained loader can achieve this. Again, it's better to have the capability to survive one hit than none at all.

If you're exposed to a platoon or a company of tanks alone you're bound to have a bad day lol
Come to think of it, I think the passing time is 3 rounds in 11 seconds.......I have really forgotten about it as I was not a tanker when I come out of that class, instead I went into Mech infantry....

Anyway, while it is true it's nice to have the capability to survive that round, but we have an old saying as Paratrooper "If I opened the reserve, then there are nothing left" Which mean sometime it's more stressed to think about keeping that capability around than actually have to fight and survive.

But yes, if you run into a platoon or company of tanks, you probably would have a bad days, that's why it's important to bring friends along, so you have someone else they can shoot at :)

Hardkill system:

yeah mate i meant relikt and kontakt 5 are of the popular side to stop APFSDS i thought he was refering stricytly to whats being used on the merkava

it doesnt stop it completely and its a one time use atleast the ones i know of effective if you have solid armour behind it as well

yeah mate i meant relikt and kontakt 5 are of the popular side to stop APFSDS i thought he was refering stricytly to whats being used on the merkava

it doesnt stop it completely and its a one time use atleast the ones i know of effective if you have solid armour behind it as well
ERA doesn't stop it completely, the armor does, of course.
It's not one time use, from what I understood the Merkava has SLERA, allowing it to be hit multiple times.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom