What's new

Redefining TCG ANADOLU as an Armed Drone Carrier

you have been talking about Chinese engines but some how they never come, but again somehow you still talk, impressive... )

Pardon, but what Chinese engines are NOT showing up or at least which one does not which was boasted in the public in a similar way Turkey does?

Also I never claimed any Chinese engine as hyper nor that they develop anything in a miraculous short time and the CHinese know this pretty well too.

All these claims we can we since assembled and manufactured since years for others, since we have the tools and this and that is like a kid that tells here parents I write a Million $$ roman since I read Harry Potter twice, I looked the film, I have paper, a pen and all necessary tools as well as ideas and hopefully you indeed will have luck, but how many made a breakthrough with their first writings?

As so often, no-one wished anything bad, but it simply does not fit and my fear is, that many of you will very very desperate in a few years or even worse youagain will blame others like with the Altay‘s power pack and transmissions, since these even Germans are not will to … and here you will blame the Brits but you forget engine deployment is the crown jewel of aircraft manufacturing and developing a small helicopter turboshaft is fine, but very different to a high end high thrust turbofan for a fighter.

Anyway, all the best …

Last edited:
TCG Anadolu will not be a drone carrier, it is officially TCG Trakya will be a drone carrier.

FIVU-s_XoAYr6Bm

FIVU-mTXEAI5xKu

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

If the representation in the new illustration is correct, changes will be made on the ANADOLU deck.

I don't know how it happened on this journey we started with the LPD idea first, but we finally got to the aircraft carrier. It may have a connection with Hürjet Naval and MIUS studies.
FKcI1-WX0AYyylt

FKcI1-XXsAAzl_z

FKcI1-ZXsAM5haL

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

If the representation in the new illustration is correct, changes will be made on the ANADOLU deck.

I don't know how it happened on this journey we started with the LPD idea first, but we finally got to the aircraft carrier. It may have a connection with Hürjet Naval and MIUS studies.
FKcI1-WX0AYyylt

FKcI1-XXsAAzl_z

FKcI1-ZXsAM5haL

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Including MIUS?

FKcI1-WX0AYyylt

FKcI1-XXsAAzl_z

FKcI1-ZXsAM5haL

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

@dBSPL This is a very intriguing concept for a force projection capability. This would give Turkey the ability to strike distant targets, maintain a pervasive ISTAR coverage net, etc. I can see and appreciate the value of the drone carrier.

However, I agree with you that this won't stop at TB3s. The modifications are likely in direction of the MIUS and Hurjet Naval. Turkey wanted a proper fixed-wing air capability (via F-35B), so it has a specific capability gap it wants to fill. The only variance here is whether the MIUS UCAV could fill sufficiently fill that so that Turkey wouldn't need the Hurjet Naval. However, I'm not convinced that the Hurjet Naval would be as small or light as the Hurjet trainer. IMO, I can see Turkey steer the Hurjet towards something the size of Gripen E/F or Gripen M (e.g., 14-15-ton MTOW, GE F414-class engine and 4,000 kg-ish payload).

@JamD @kursed IMO it'd be interesting if the PN could get a miniaturized variant of this solution (9,000-ton LPD-based drone carrier), but with a focus on managing UAVs as well as USV and UUVs. Basically, a mothership for drone deployment and warfare management.

@JamD @kursed IMO it'd be interesting if the PN could get a miniaturized variant of this solution (9,000-ton LPD-based drone carrier), but with a focus on managing UAVs as well as USV and UUVs. Basically, a mothership for drone deployment and warfare management.
Right there with you on the PN wishing well. Dont expect a local development of that though. If someone sells a solution to us PN might buy it.

Right there with you on the PN wishing well. Dont expect a local development of that though. If someone sells a solution to us PN might buy it.
It's still a new concept, so even if they buy the carrier ship and drones off-the-shelf, they'd still have to piece it together (or get Turkey to do it).

@dBSPL This is a very intriguing concept for a force projection capability. This would give Turkey the ability to strike distant targets, maintain a pervasive ISTAR coverage net, etc. I can see and appreciate the value of the drone carrier.

However, I agree with you that this won't stop at TB3s. The modifications are likely in direction of the MIUS and Hurjet Naval. Turkey wanted a proper fixed-wing air capability (via F-35B), so it has a specific capability gap it wants to fill. The only variance here is whether the MIUS UCAV could fill sufficiently fill that so that Turkey wouldn't need the Hurjet Naval. However, I'm not convinced that the Hurjet Naval would be as small or light as the Hurjet trainer. IMO, I can see Turkey steer the Hurjet towards something the size of Gripen E/F or Gripen M (e.g., 14-15-ton MTOW, GE F414-class engine and 4,000 kg-ish payload).

Force projection without protective air cover?
How will that work?

How will that work?
AAW Destroyer is good to have, but for distant power projection, you need a Carrier Air group.

How will that work?
AAW Destroyer is good to have, but for distant power projection, you need a Carrier Air group.

1 TF2000, 2 I-Class and Reis class sub enoug.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom