What's new

BREAKING | ARTSAKH IS HISTORY / Azerbaijan won!! 🇦🇿🇦🇿🇦🇿

30 years ago they had the Russian army with them against a recently became independent Azerbaijan that didn't have the time to build a cohesive army that it has today. Anybody can be brave when they have every possible advantage.
No,Soviets were largely neutral. On the contrary,at first they were with the Azeris.

No,Soviets were largely neutral. On the contrary,at first they were with the Azeris.

If Russian didn't interfere and remain totally neutral than this is actually means being with Azeris. Azeris have Turk on their side while Armenian have Russia so if Armenian loose Russian support (because of some idiot) than they are by-default on the losing side.

If Russian didn't interfere and remain totally neutral than this is actually means being with Azeris. Azeris have Turk on their side while Armenian have Russia so if Armenian loose Russian support (because of some idiot) than they are by-default on the losing side.
In the first war,the Azeris had bigger manpower,more equipment and money,but they had bad organization,bad leadership and thus often low morale. Also,Turkey couldn't interfere openly like in 2020.

30 years ago they had the Russian army with them against a recently became independent Azerbaijan that didn't have the time to build a cohesive army that it has today. Anybody can be brave when they have every possible advantage.
Absolutely, Armenia was Russias Israel. They made the country and they helped it expand. Azerbaijan and Turkey picked an excellent time to take the land back. Russia helpless and Armenia hopeless as always.

Absolutely, Armenia was Russias Israel. They made the country and they helped it expand. Azerbaijan and Turkey picked an excellent time to take the land back. Russia helpless and Armenia hopeless as always.
Here we go again...they "made the country" and "helped it expand"?

Armenia had been there for like 2,500 years. The whole part was Armenian. Azeris came way later. The Soviets carved a piece and called it "Nagorno-Karabakh Autonomous Oblast" and gave it to the Azeris. That's how this whole war started later.

if I remember correctly, they did pull some equipment from Azerbaijan, Azerbaijan should have inherited some Mi26 for example. Also Armenia gained its independence earlier and had more time to organize.

if I remember correctly, they did pull some equipment from Azerbaijan, Azerbaijan should have inherited some Mi26 for example. Also Armenia gained its independence earlier and had more time to organize.
As MVD forces began pulling out, they bequeathed the Armenians and Azerbaijanis a vast arsenal of ammunition and armored vehicles. The government forces initially sent by Gorbachev three years earlier were from other Soviet republics and many had no wish to stay too long. Most were poor, young conscripts and many simply sold their weapons for cash or even vodka to either side, some even trying to sell tanks and armored personnel carriers (APCs). The unsecured weapons caches led both sides to accuse Gorbachev of allowing the region to slip into conflict.[74] The Azerbaijanis purchased a large quantity of vehicles, with the Foreign Ministry of Azerbaijan reporting in November 1993 the acquisition of 286 tanks, 842 armored vehicles and 386 artillery pieces during the power vacuum.[75] The emergence of black markets helped facilitate the import of Western-made weaponry.[76]

Most weaponry was of either Russian or former Eastern bloc manufacture; although, some improvisation was also made by both sides. Azerbaijan received substantial military aid and provisions from Turkey, Israel and numerous Middle East countries. The Armenian Diaspora donated a significant amount of aid to Armenia through the course of the war and even managed to push for legislation in the United States Congress to ban American military aid to Azerbaijan in 1992.[h] While Azerbaijan charged the Russians with helping the Armenians, a reporter from Time magazine confirmed that "the Azerbaijani fighters in the region [were] far better equipped with Soviet military weaponry than their opponents."
[74]

As MVD forces began pulling out, they bequeathed the Armenians and Azerbaijanis a vast arsenal of ammunition and armored vehicles. The government forces initially sent by Gorbachev three years earlier were from other Soviet republics and many had no wish to stay too long. Most were poor, young conscripts and many simply sold their weapons for cash or even vodka to either side, some even trying to sell tanks and armored personnel carriers (APCs). The unsecured weapons caches led both sides to accuse Gorbachev of allowing the region to slip into conflict.[74] The Azerbaijanis purchased a large quantity of vehicles, with the Foreign Ministry of Azerbaijan reporting in November 1993 the acquisition of 286 tanks, 842 armored vehicles and 386 artillery pieces during the power vacuum.[75] The emergence of black markets helped facilitate the import of Western-made weaponry.[76]

Most weaponry was of either Russian or former Eastern bloc manufacture; although, some improvisation was also made by both sides. Azerbaijan received substantial military aid and provisions from Turkey, Israel and numerous Middle East countries. The Armenian Diaspora donated a significant amount of aid to Armenia through the course of the war and even managed to push for legislation in the United States Congress to ban American military aid to Azerbaijan in 1992.[h] While Azerbaijan charged the Russians with helping the Armenians, a reporter from Time magazine confirmed that "the Azerbaijani fighters in the region [were] far better equipped with Soviet military weaponry than their opponents."
[74]
Doesn't disprove anything I said but thanks I guess.

Azeris had way more equipment,manpower and funds. That's the point. They even had more volunteers from other countries :P

How do these two assertions contradict each other?

Also I have to say, up until very recently, Russia tried to support Armenia as much as they could. They sold Azerbaijan their S300 systems but they gave Armenia for free. (the one that got blown up by TB2s)

He's denying his Turkic roots, it's a Jungian shadow thing.

Sorry Didn't get your point? Are you talking about genetics .......... As far as I know (which could be wrong) that Most of the Current Greece and Turkish people are of same roots and actual Turkish people are in central Asian countries. :p:

I am perfectly fine if I found to be wrong. Please correct me.

Sorry Didn't get your point? Are you talking about genetics .......... As far as I know (which could be wrong) that Most of the Current Greece and Turkish people are of same roots and actual Turkish people are in central Asian countries. :p:

I am perfectly fine if I found to be wrong. Please correct me.
It's beyond just genetics. Imagine eating Turkish food every day, watching Turkish tv soap operas, speaking Turkish words like "Delikanlı" for fucks sake that still blows my mind

Back
Top Bottom