Zimbabwe Celebrates Finish of New Parliament, Built by China

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China

Zimbabwe Celebrates Finish of New Parliament, Built by China​

June 30, 2022 10:34 AM

he Chinese government has finished constructing Zimbabwe's new parliament building outside the capital, Harare, at a cost of about $200 million. It replaces a colonial-era building, but critics say there are concerns about security and China's growing influence. Columbus Mavhunga reports from Mount Hampden, Zimbabwe.

A country where the people are starving and where democracy is thrown in the dustbin receives a $200m parliament as a gift. How ironic
So, Chinese shouldn't built it in the first place or demolish it now in your opinion becos there are poor people in the country ?
All these buildings are Chinese fault ?

Are you Chinese? If so, why do Chinese and Indians on this forum rush in to defend anything said about their countries. Blind and stupid nationalism sounds comical.

Where did I point fingers at China in my post?
You sound like pointing it's a mistake for the Chinese to build the parliament with money better spent on the poor.

Are you Chinese? If so, why do Chinese and Indians on this forum rush in to defend anything said about their countries. Blind and stupid nationalism sounds comical.

Where did I point fingers at China in my post?

It is a mistake on the part of the Chinese since they are wasting their money. I can't fault the Chinese though since they have a policy of investing in Africa notwithstanding who the government is. The irony of the Zimbabwean government in accepting this building is what I was pointing at
Chinese can't control what is the internal affairs of Zimbabwe and how it's gov treats its people fairly.

Any accountable government which works in the best interests of the people without repressing them and driving the nation bankrupt
Chinese government seems to be one of those qualified by your standard.
Probably none of the governments in Africa qualified, please educate me if I am wrong.

Your standard is quite high. My standard is quite lower than yours.
I would say, any form of government which can provide rule and order, control current account deficit, that's it.

Video says the Chinese government gave a grant to the Zim government

I deem your standard too low. We must evolve to be better nations governed by those who seek our best interests. I agree, the CCP has demonstrated such rule. Certain African governments are starting to adhere to that rule. Unfortunately the vast majority seek to better their pockets at the expense of the masses

Video says its a grant. Another term for a gift
Again, how to achieve that? Wishes are just wishes, but how?

And by the way, there are billions of people around the world can vote, none of those under develop countries become prosperous.

What kind of government you wanted? And how to achieve that?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom