What's new

Zastava arms Serbia

some of the .223 Zastava sporter rifles have landed in Pakistan for Civilian market, they are with Bolt action type stock (---i have been a huge fan of Zastava, own EZ9, carry it with me and fire down range --- never failed me ---- but finishing of these sporter rifles is really not upto standard -- machine marks, rough edges, laser engraving now standardized --- not what i was expecting ---
Zastava M21 new design:

148783_85548313_3.jpg

148783_85548313_2.jpg

148783_85548313_4.jpg

148783_76543630_5_2.jpg

some of the .223 Zastava sporter rifles have landed in Pakistan for Civilian market, they are with Bolt action type stock (---i have been a huge fan of Zastava, own EZ9, carry it with me and fire down range --- never failed me ---- but finishing of these sporter rifles is really not upto standard -- machine marks, rough edges, laser engraving now standardized --- not what i was expecting ---

Problem with Zastava is that first they were under sanctions in 90's. Than they were bombed in 1999, and after that in 2002 Yugoimport was selling weapons to Liberia which was under sanctions (at the same time we were also selling weapons to Iraq :D), and because of that Serbian defence industry together with Zastava ended up under embargo until 2007. So Zastava ended up in lot of problems. You have to understand that Zastava based their business on being the major supplier of arms to large Yugoslav army, and selling a lot on international market. After the 90's they lost their largest buyer (Yugoslav army), and they were almost constantly under sanctions and embargo not to mention being bombed for around 15 years.

So Zastava didn't really had a time or money to modernize production lines, they are making some progress in that direction in the recent years, but it's going slowly. And when we are talking about their sporting rifles program, finish on those rifle is nothing to write home about, but on the other hand they are well made, reliable, with good ergonomics, and they are cheap.

IMG_019715.JPG

IMG_019610.JPG

So yes i agree that Zastava should pay more attention, and polish those rifles a bit, before sending them to a buyer. but they don't really give a crap. They are basically military grade weapons manufacturer, so they treat their civilian program in a similar way. It's solid, it works, pack it and send it away. So most people in US or Canada buy Zastava sporting rifles, because they are cheap and well made, and after that they refinish the rifle themselves.

Zastava makes one of the best Tokarev TT.

what is the price of cz 99 precision (.22 rifle) in pakistan

Hi,

Is it the M70 or M808---and how much is it going for!

The wood stock is not polished---it is oiled----if you can take it off---sand it and do your own varnish---it will come out really nice.

Hi,

The wood stock is not polished---it is oiled----if you can take it off---sand it and do your own varnish---it will come out really nice.
It is the M70 but with Sporter stock, kind of something made for Canada, mag capacity also 22....
Last i recall it was retailing for 240k Rs......i dont think we can get rid of machining marks on the Receiver

Hi,

It is m2010 that we have here

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom