Zastava M88A Baby Tokarev 9mm Pistol:

Barrett M82 .50 BMG and Zastava M93 Black Arrow .50 BMG:

159216_96171867_599522_10150973901706362_1795918.j  pg

19b5f71abc.jpg

Ilham Aliyev with Zastava M93:

2705_101412525_2cblo5.jpg

American Rifleman - EAA Black Arrow M93 Rifle

Last edited by a moderator:
Zastava to export infantry weapons to Libya, in a deal wort 103 millions of dollars.

Zastava Oruzje company, Serbian most famous arms producer, is being seriously prepared for big business arrangement with Libya which includes export of infantry weapons in amount of 103 million dollars in the next two to three years and which will be the business of a decade for the factory.

-Confirmation that state will sign an export contract with Libya within Jugoimport SDPR Company arrived in Kragujevac. Big work related to the modernization of production hall and equipment and introduction of new technologies will begin after signing the contract and expansion of capacities that includes construction of a new factory on existing location is in the plan. Weapon users from Kragujevac completely understand that new, modern production drives will be necessary for realization of this big announced business with Libya, next to existing ones and they seriously reconsider possibility of construction of new factory and the number of employees will be significantly increased.

Zastava Oruzje will deliver big contingents of machine guns M 84, the newest army rifle M 21, grenade launchers, long range snipers M 93 “Black Arrow” and other weapons to Libya.

Zastava’s weapon factory has already arranged export business for this year, mostly for American trade in amount of 45 million dollars that overburdened existing production and cadre potentials. Therefore, National Employment Services will engage 200 of new production workers. Work agreements with 160 young workers, which have been engaged here since the autumn last year, will be prolonged at the same time.

Azerbaijan and Serbia to start producing grenade launchers this year

Baku. Rashad Suleymanov – APA. The production facility created in Baku with the participation of the Serbian company will be put into operation in the middle of this year, Serbian Yugoimport company, responsible for arms export and military-technical cooperation, told APA.

The new facility will produce a variety of grenade launchers (mounted and tubular grenade launcher) needed in Azerbaijan.

In 2011, Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense Industry and arms manufacturers Zastava Arms signed a contract on co-production.

Serbian media reports that the total amount of the contract is € 30 million. The contract includes the creation of production facility in Azerbaijan and receipt of a license from Serbia.

The Serbian delegation attended the IDEX-2013 in the United Arab Emirates in February this year told APA that Azerbaijan has started creating the production facility of grenade launcher. The Serbian representatives also said that this facility will produce 40 and 46 mm revolver grenade launchers.

Modernized M93

@proka89

Are the barrels chrome lined? I remember hearing that alot of the yugo weapons were not. Maybe its different now.

@proka89

Are the barrels chrome lined? I remember hearing that alot of the yugo weapons were not. Maybe its different now.

If you are asking about Zastava PAP rifles, they dont have chrome lined barrels, they are cold forged. On the other hand Zastava M21 family of assault rifles does have chrome lined barrel, the same thing applies to Zastava sniper rifles and for example EZ9 pistol....

Last edited:
PAP M85 NP .223 Pistol

PAPm85F.jpg

Boris and I met during his first class at Gunsite. A Russian Jew, he had served in the Red Army infantry before leaving Russia for Israel, then later, the United States. His real name wasn’t Boris but it was a nickname that stuck. One day we were talking about the AK- 47 and I asked him about cleaning the rifle. Boris replied, with a horrified look on his face, “Vhy vould you?”

The Avtomat Kalashnikova, Mikhail Kalashnikov’s assault rifle, remains the most prolific of military small arms. More than 70 million have been manufactured and the rifle and its many variations have been built in Russia, Albania, Bulgaria, China, Egypt, Poland, Romania and Yugoslavia, among other places. Wait a minute. Did I say Yugoslavia? Yes, Yugoslavia is gone but the Zastava firearms plant in Serbia remains in operation producing high quality civilian and military weapons. These days, AK-47/AKM – type rifles made there are often referred to as Yugo AKs and are considered some of the best made anywhere. The subject of this review is a new AK pistol variation because it’s chambered, not in the usual 7.62 X 39 caliber, but in .223 Remington/5.56 NATO and unlike other AKs it is made with a magazine well extension allowing the use of standard M-16/AR-15 magazines. This model should be popular with American shooters so when I heard J&G Sales of Prescott, Arizona was getting in a shipment of these pistols I had to buy one and try it out. Adding to the appeal of this pistol is the price. At $499 it is about half what you might expect to pay for an AR pistol.

PAPm85-2.jpg

The Model PAP M85 NP is a semi-automatic pistol with a 10.25 inch barrel. It’s reminiscent of the short barreled, fully automatic Krinkov AKs and sports the distinctive Krinkov style flash hider. Overall length of the pistol, including the flash hider, is 21 5/8 inches. The unloaded weight is 6 pounds, 7 ounces and the weight with the fully loaded 30 round Tapco polymer magazine provided is 7 pounds, 9 ounces. The sights are what you would expect on a Yugo AK rifle. Attached to the hinged top cover, the rear sight has two flip-up blades with white dots marked 2 and 4 for 200 and 400 meters. The front sight is an elevation adjustable AK sight that includes a flip up white dot post that’s a little easier to see than the plain, black one. The pistol grip is checkered plastic, the bolt and carrier are plain steel and the operating rod and piston are chromed. The forend is smooth wood with three ventilation holes, a feature distinctive to the Serbian models. The stamped metal receiver, hammer forged barrel and other metal parts have a black, slightly shiny finish. The safety lever, located on the right side of the receiver, is two-position; up for safe and down for fire, but with a twist. AK pattern rifles normally have no provision for locking the bolt to the rear but the safety on the M85 has a notch on the top that can be used to lock the bolt to the rear by capturing the bolt handle. What a simple solution to the way AKs have operated since, oh, 1947. The trigger on my M85 is pretty good for a two stage military trigger. After about ½” of gritty take-up the trigger breaks crisply at about 5 pounds. There is no over-travel (movement of the trigger after sear release) and the trigger resets with a positive click.

PAPm85-3.jpg

At the range my objective was to see how well the M85 functioned with a variety of .223 ammunition fed from different magazines. I used Federal 55 grain (gr.) soft points, Federal and Black Hills 55 gr. full metal jacket, and Hornady 65 gr. hollow points fed from the magazine that comes with the pistol as well as 20 and 30 round magazines from Magpul, 30 round mags from Colt and Brownells and a few other magazines of various origins. A note on reloading: The M85 has a push button magazine release on the right side of the magazine well extension, rather than the AK style paddle release located in front of the trigger guard. The magazines fit snugly and don’t drop free when the magazine release button is depressed. If you’re expecting to execute a competition style speed reload with this pistol you’re going to be disappointed. On the other hand, it may not be an issue if you’re comfortable with 30 rounds in a magazine. I reload by grabbing the magazine and pressing the release button with the same hand, using a finger on the left hand or the thumb on the right. I pull the magazine out, drop it or put it away, insert a fresh magazine, grasp the charging handle and run the bolt. Because the bolt of AK guns doesn’t lock to the rear when empty, I’m in the habit of pulling the bolt handle to the rear and releasing it when I change magazines on any AK system gun – to make sure there’s a round in the chamber. For me, shooting right handed, it’s easier to keep my right hand on the pistol grip and reload with the left. I roll the pistol to the right and run the bolt handle from underneath. Pulling on the bolt handle with the left hand while pushing forward with the right makes the operation more positive.

PAPm85-4-300x214.jpg

With Boris in mind I didn’t clean the M85 before or during testing. Using what I imagined might be Russian infantryman methods, I lubricated the bolt with motor oil from the dipstick of my truck. The pistol ran with everything I fed it from every one of the magazines I used and there were no malfunctions. AKs are known for being reliable but I was worried that one feeding .223 ammunition from AR magazines might not function properly. As it turns out, my concerns were unfounded. Speaking of malfunctions, when Boris and I were talking about AKs I asked him whether Red Army soldiers were trained to repair AKs. He said, “Vhy bother? Throw it avay and get another vun.”

Stay tuned. I’m working up a Part II with more information on shooting the M85 NP, accuracy testing and accessories to set it up as a proper truck gun or home defense weapon.

PAP M85 NP .223 Pistol | Down Range TV

New life for Old Foundry

muzej-stara-livnica-04.jpg

Cannons have not been made at Kragujevac for a long time and the factory is now known for the production of small arms. However, the Old Foundry Museum maintains a record of significant dates in the country’s history, ensuring this facility is unique in Serbia and one of the few of its kind in Europe.

On 15th October 1853 the newly-built foundry successfully cast its first cannon, marking the start of development of the Serbian military industry and industrial production in Serbia generally. The event was made even more important thanks to the presence of Prince Aleksandar Karadjordjević and his entourage. Nowadays this day is celebrated as the Day of the Zastava Arms factory. The initial growth of the military factory would go on to determine the rhythm of the city’s life for decades to come.

EXAMPLE OF INDUSTRIAL ARCHITECTURE

The Old Foundry is located in Zastava Arms factory’s oldest preserved building – the building of the former foundry, erected in 1882. With the introduction of new materials – iron, concrete and glass, together with the decorative elements of contemporary European industrial architecture – it can almost be considered as a forerunner of what would later be defined (at the beginning of the 20th century) as the Bauhaus movement. Innovative ideas from the West were probably brought to the factory by engineer Todor ‘Toša’ Selesković, who managed the foundry from 1881 until 1892. It is assumed that he was also a designer, as he was educated in Germany, where these contemporary art movements emerged.

The factory’s centenary in 1953 saw the facility placed under state protection as a cultural property of great importance. The foundry was used until the end of the 1960s (until 1968), with the change of the use for this building seeing it house the Old Foundry factory museum. In 1973 the museum underwent a significant transformation. Experts and prominent museum workers, such as Dr. Lazar Trifunović, Dr. Nikola Vučo, Colonel Milorad Prelević, architect Milan Bojer and others, were engaged. The then new exhibition, which largely survives to this day, albeit with minor additions, illustrates the technical and technological development of the factory, but also the economic, social, cultural and educational development of Kragujevac and Serbia.

It is also one of the few buildings to have withstood the ravages of wars (two world wars and the last bombing of 1999) due to its construction method, the construction method, combining brick, concrete and iron, made the facility very stable and strong.

LIGHT OF THE FUTURE

It is infinitely interesting to briefly step back in time more than 150 years to visit this exceptional building, see some old photographs, tools, machines or the first cannon, cast in 1853. Indeed, the Old Foundry museum is reminiscent of the time when the first steam engine arrived in Kragujevac and when the first cannons for the Serbian army were cast. Apart from the authentic old foundry building, the museum is also distinctive in terms of its size – spanning an area of 1,200 square metres.

Exhibits are mostly owned by the factory museum, while part of the display was borrowed from other institutions, primarily the Military Museum in Belgrade, thus ensuring the exhibition offers better quality and greater diversity. The Old Foundry museum’s collection comprises 5,500 items classified into seven collections: weaponsand equipment, machinery and tools, archives, photographs, art works, stamps and medals.

muzej-stara-livnica-05.jpg

muzej-stara-livnica-03.jpg

kragujevac-muzej-stara-livnica-02.jpg

The museum’s setting includes the first cannon cast in the Kragujevac cannon foundry on 27th October 1853, but also includes the original foundry where cannons used to be cast. It should be noted that the museum possesses rarities such as the famous Mauser-Milovanović rifle – “kokinka” M.1880, or its improved version from 1907 – Mauzer-Milovanović-Djurić, with a five-round magazine. The permanent display also includes a hand grenade from the Vasić M.1898 system. The exhibit includes some rare examples of old guns which were produced abroad and reconstructed at the factory, such as the Mini-Frankot-Petrović system, M.1857, with the stamp of Mihailo Cvejić, or a flintlock rifle from the turn of the 18th to the 19th centuries.

Back in 1889, one old photograph aroused interest at the World Fair in Paris, where the factory was represented with 42 products. In fact, the factory’s shell plant was the first plant in Serbia to be equipped with electric lighting, which was installed back in 1884. This light of the future, shown in the photo, particularly in the industrial hall, was something new even for developed countries.

The museum also presents the military factory’s production programme between the two world wars. There are photos and archival material and facsimiles of important documents. Of particular importance is the post-WWII programme for artillery and weapons, the hunting and sporting weapons programme (hunting carbines and rifles, semiautomatic and automatic pistols and revolvers). Today the museum’s collection is complemented with examples of modern weapons.

The museum exhibition at the Old Foundry provides an exciting atmosphere of the period when it was designated as a leading light of the local industrial revolution in Serbia. Moreover, it is a witness of Serbia’s roots.

Serbia.com | New life for Old Foundry - Serbia.com

earlier i was viewing your thread in which you posted pictures of army personel or cammandos with grey camouflage

gotta admire that uniform looks really cool could may be the best uniform in europe

Are any of the engraved revolvers available in US?

You would have to order one from Zastava. All of those are hand made, according to the wishes of buyer, Zastava doesn't engrave guns in advance. So you would have to contact Zastava directly or through some firearms importer.

zastava-graveri-04.jpg

zastava-graveri-05.jpg

zastava-graveri-06.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom