What's new

Zaid Hamid Banned on Facebook without any reason !

Zaid Hamid didn't abuse any religion. Even Jews are against Zionists, and he just has a problem with the Brahmin elite in india.
You can't pick and choose subjects on which you will support free speech while condemn the same free speech on another.

Either you stand for free speech, irrespective of subject, or you don't.

It is irrelevant if that hate monger has abused specific religion or not. His diatribes vitiate minds and spread hatred against human beings. That is far more heinous than drawing a few caricatures.

I am afraid if Zaid hamid will continue like this then he will be the next target of drone or suicide bomb attack.

I am afraid if Zaid hamid will continue like this then he will be the next target of drone or suicide bomb attack.

You can't pick and choose subjects on which you will support free speech while condemn the same free speech on another.

Either you stand for free speech, irrespective of subject, or you don't.

It is irrelevant if that hate monger has abused specific religion or not. His diatribes vitiate minds and spread hatred against human beings. That is far more heinous than drawing a few caricatures.

So talking against and exposing both Israeli Zionists and Hindu Zionists is a hate speech now?

Zaid Hamid doesn't hasn't abused any 'religion' so to speak. He ferociously speaks agaisnt zionism. and Zionism in any of its form is against humanity and is secular in nature and has nothing to do with religious teachings. i'ts all control domination and exploitation.

Zaid has repeatetively said he's not against hindu's, jews or any other religion in particular, he's simply against Zionism.

Just open your eyes and admit that you guys have plenty of "Hindu-Zionists" running India who dream of the return of some artificial 5000 year lost hindu civilizaiton at the cost of so much human blood. no wonder Kashmir is wanted by India.

How hard is it for you guys to admit it?

I don't understand why people are trying so hard to use the ground of "freedom of speech" in Zaid Hamid's case.

Freedom of speech varies from nature of the speech to the status of the speaker. When you have a celebrity status, or hold a responsible position, and you are aware that even gullible people, esp the youth, might harbor complete belief in you and your words, or if you are aware that your words might hurt the sentiments of others, then you must stand responsible for the words you speak.

For example: Gen. Deepak Kapoor stated that there could be a limited war with Pakistan, it created such ruckus among all Pakistanis, even in this forum. Why would you not consider that freedom of speech? Because Gen Deepak Kapoor holds a position where he has to be responsible for his words.

Second example: The portrayal of Prophet Mohammad by the Danish cartoonists. That was sure to hurt the sentiments of a section of the society, and so the cartoonists should have avoided that, and not use 'freedom of speech' as their defense.

Third and most relevant example: That 13 year old RSS girl, whose videos have been posted in this forum, was speaking against Pakistan while sitting in India and was being recorded on TV. She should have avoided her remarks not because it hurt the sentiments, but because her remarks were extremist in nature and lacked depth and basis.

Now when you consider the three aforementioned examples, you will realize that facebook.com has been very just in banning the fan page of Zaid Hamid. Zaid Hamid's speeches fall into all the three categories I noted above.

He is idolized by the Pakistani youth so he should be responsible in speaking whatever he does.

He has never shied away from using derogatory/useless remarks against many particular sections of the society, that could hurt the sentiments of many.

He should avoid speaking about futuristic situations with an extremist's point of view esp when he himself is not aware of what he is talking about, as seen in many of his brasstacks TV programs.

I very much understand how angry one would be when their hero is put up in a bad light, but all you people should understand that facebook.com caters to all kinds of people from every corner of this world, and so it cannot afford to let conflicting and controversial subjects on its pages.

Please do not show the world how dependent you are on facebook.com that such an insignificant ban could boil your blood to no ends.

I don't understand why people are trying so hard to use the ground of "freedom of speech" in Zaid Hamid's case.

Freedom of speech varies from nature of the speech to the status of the speaker. When you have a celebrity status, or hold a responsible position, and you are aware that even gullible people, esp the youth, might harbor complete belief in you and your words, or if you are aware that your words might hurt the sentiments of others, then you must stand responsible for the words you speak.
For example: Gen. Deepak Kapoor stated that there could be a limited war with Pakistan, it created such ruckus among all Pakistanis, even in this forum. Why would you not consider that freedom of speech? Because Gen Deepak Kapoor holds a position where he has to be responsible for his words.
Invalid Example. Gen. Deepak Kapoor represents Indian armed forces. In other words he represents INDIA. He's in a position of authority and his words mean A LOT to his adversaries, whereas Zaid Hamid neither represents Pak nor he's in any position of authority. He's merely a defense analyst/public speaker. in a democratic society he would have all the rights to free speech.

Second example: The portrayal of Prophet Mohammad by the Danish cartoonists. That was sure to hurt the sentiments of a section of the society, and so the cartoonists should have avoided that, and not use 'freedom of speech' as their defense.
Another invalid example.

That is not just hate speech but also a form of inciting speech.

I havn't seen Zaid Hamid inciting people to violence. He doesn't preach hate against any specific religion, he speaks against groups that have hijacked religions to pursue their self-interests and personal agendas, that range from Zionists to Hindu extremists to even TTP. All terrorist groups.

Third and most relevant example: That 13 year old RSS girl, whose videos have been posted in this forum, was speaking against Pakistan while sitting in India and was being recorded on TV. She should have avoided her remarks not because it hurt the sentiments, but because her remarks were extremist in nature and lacked depth and basis.
That girl is a prestine example of hinduvta brainwashing, also happens to be a proponent of Bharat Akhand/ hindu zionism. Last I checked, Zaid wasn't 13....so thats another bad example you gave.

Now when you consider the three aforementioned examples, you will realize that facebook.com has been very just in banning the fan page of Zaid Hamid. Zaid Hamid's speeches fall into all the three categories I noted above.
No, it has not. Not at all. Search google and you will see how many pro-palestinian activists have been banned. You'll find plenty.

How could you explain facebook banning pro-palestinians human rights activists??

He is idolized by the Pakistani youth so he should be responsible in speaking whatever he does.

He has never shied away from using derogatory/useless remarks against many particular sections of the society, that could hurt the sentiments of many.

What sections of the society? And what is wrong with that?
He should avoid speaking about futuristic situations with an extremist's point of view esp when he himself is not aware of the what he is talking about, as seen in many of his brasstacks TV programs.
I suggest you email him. He said he gets approx 1000 emails every day, many of them from Indians cursing and abusing him to no end.

Why dont you send him an email? :lol:

I very much understand how angry one would be when their hero is put up in a bad light, but all you people should understand that facebook.com caters to all kinds of people from every corner of this world, and so it cannot afford to let conflicting and controversial subjects on its pages.

Please do not show the world how dependent you are on facebook.com that such an insignificant ban could boil your blood to no ends.

I understand Indians would blindly hate zaid because he creates an anti-Indian hegemon sentiment amongst the Pakistanis, but how could you explain facebook banning pro-palestinian activitsts?

did you want to revise this? 2nd para is not making any sense.
So talking against and exposing both Israeli Zionists and Hindu Zionists is a hate speech now?

Zaid Hamid doesn't hasn't abused any 'religion' so to speak. He ferociously speaks agaisnt zionism. and Zionism in any of its form is against humanity and is secular in nature and has nothing to do with religious teachings. i'ts all control domination and exploitation.

Zaid has repeatetively said he's not against hindu's, jews or any other religion in particular, he's simply against Zionism.

Just open your eyes and admit that you guys have plenty of "Hindu-Zionists" running India who dream of the return of some artificial 5000 year lost hindu civilizaiton at the cost of so much human blood. no wonder Kashmir is wanted by India.

How hard is it for you guys to admit it?

@ Bushy

I would disagree on many points that you have raised.

Anyway.
You got this backwards. Pakistani youth idolizes him because of what he says (and he says what they like to hear). This is contrary to your Gen. Kapoor example, where his responsibility arises from the position he holds. He therefore, must speak in a manner that is commensurate with his stature.

Zaid on the other hand derives his cult status among Pakistani youth, by being himself. If he became responsible speaker, he would loose his status.

Last edited:
I hope he doesn't die as an analyst...somebody needs to bring him in the mainstream politics...I think he should join hands with Imran Khan...may be as a team their political career will take off...

Salam to All!
Because the Official Pageof BrassTacks has been shut down by Facebook, so a temporary and unofficial page of BrassTacks is launched on Facebook.
Login | Facebook
The Official Page will be formulated soon, Insha Allah.

Syed Zaid Zaman Hamid
A Message from Brasstacks: Brasstacks offical Facebook account has been blocked. Currently there are many FAKE Facebook accounts propping up using our name and affiliating us with ISI. We have No presence on Facebook at present. New Site & Any web presence will be notified through our website & Newsletter soon Inshallah. Zaid Hamid

What else can you guys expect from the guys running these websites ?? They are Americans or Westerners too, so they are more into their govt propaganda or supporting their side then to listen to guys from our side.

My experience with Youtube just clearly showed me that.

I had uploaded a video in which a US Abram tank blows up by an IED placed by the iraqi militants, after about 2 weeks, i get a notification that the video has been removed for some community laws violations, while on the other hand we can see hundreds of videos showing suicide bombings happening in Muslims countries or the attacks showing IEDs blowing up under Muslims security forces vehicles. These videos don't get removed, but the one showing a US tanks blowing up gets removed. I even reported dozens of such suicide bombing videos to be removed, but no actions, while i see many such videos showing US forces getting removed. Total biased approach. So don't expect anything else.

yes we need to make our own youtube like video sharing website

Invalid Example. Gen. Deepak Kapoor represents Indian armed forces. In other words he represents INDIA. He's in a position of authority and his words mean A LOT to his adversaries, whereas Zaid Hamid neither represents Pak nor he's in any position of authority. He's merely a defense analyst/public speaker. in a democratic society he would have all the rights to free speech.

Gen. Deepak Kapoor represents India, yes of course. But do you know that Zaid Hamid, since beginning has been endorsed by none other than Gen. Hamid Gul? Such a great fan following in Pakistan, and Zaid Hamid doesn't represent anyone? Is that a joke or what? And do not be mistaken there, I am not equating them, but showing the similarity in their platforms.

Another invalid example.

That is not just hate speech but also a form of inciting speech.

I havn't seen Zaid Hamid inciting people to violence. He doesn't preach hate against any specific religion, he speaks against groups that have hijacked religions to pursue their self-interests and personal agendas, that range from Zionists to Hindu extremists to even TTP. All terrorist groups.

Would you like me to post the videos in this forum where his mouth froths while calling for bombing of the dams in India without any reason/provocation? When the anchor lady (already horrified) says,"but that will create war like situation...", he replies, "War is already there, and we don't have to lose anything anyway". Inciting violence? Man I would say he has crossed the lines of madness. What would it look like when a person with such massive fan base talks something so irrational as that?

That girl is a prestine example of hinduvta brainwashing, also happens to be a proponent of Bharat Akhand/ hindu zionism. Last I checked, Zaid wasn't 13....so thats another bad example you gave.

Yes, Zaid Hamid is not 13, he is 45, and that makes him even worse, doesn't it? By the way, what the heck does 'Hindu Zionism' mean? People from all over the world in almost every forum are laughing at such terms. First, such conspiracy theorists called Hindus Nazis, because Hindus use Swastika. But the fact is, Swastika, has been a sign of Hindus since time immemorial. Then they started calling Hindus Zionists, because one of Hindus' signs appears like the star of David. If you do not believe me, check out Zaid Hamid's BrassTacks videos from March this year. So what does he think Hindus are... Nazis Zionists? Is that funny or what? :woot:

No, it has not. Not at all. Search google and you will see how many pro-palestinian activists have been banned. You'll find plenty.

How could you explain facebook banning pro-palestinians human rights activists??

I myself have joined so many pro-Palestine human rights groups on facebook and elsewhere, that I do not need to take a cue from you on that. Trust me, the groups get banned only after they cross the lines and start spreading messages of hatred.

What sections of the society? And what is wrong with that?

That answers all my questions. If you don't think there is anything is wrong in spreading such stuff against any section of the society or a particular religious group, then you must think all the Muslims are nothing but a fool to have protested against the Danish cartoonists. After all, 'what is wrong with that?', right?

I suggest you email him. He said he gets approx 1000 emails every day, many of them from Indians cursing and abusing him to no end.

Why dont you send him an email? :lol:

I did converse with him in Emails for a couple of weeks when I was in India last time (January 2009). But when I raised the question of Yousuf Kazzab, first he asked me about my whereabouts, when I told him India, he immediately quit responding. That's your Syed Zaid Zaman Hamid.

I understand Indians would blindly hate zaid because he creates an anti-Indian hegemon sentiment amongst the Pakistanis, but how could you explain facebook banning pro-palestinian activitsts?

I seriously doubt any Indian finds him of a greater worth than mere laughter. And, India's hegemony is not to be seen anywhere in near future, so why would he be against it? Don't you think he is talking the only things that people want to hear, and gain popularity with that?

In principle, international politics goes way deeper than what he portrays it as. If you do not try to look deeper, then you are doing a great disservice to your nation.

Back
Top Bottom