What's new

Zahid Khan vows to get severed Karachi power supply from national grid

W.11

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
http://www.thenews.com.pk/article-1...vered-Karachi-power-supply-from-national-grid

ISLAMABAD: Chairman Senate Committee for water & power Zahid Khan Monday vowed that he would get the decision for severing power supply to Karachi from national grid implemented, Geo News reported.

Zahid Khan said that Competition Commission of Pakistan (CCP) had given the decision to cut off power supply to Karachi from national grid and he would see that this decision was implemented by all means.

-----------------------------------------

is Karachi not part of Pakistan?

fkqn9u.png

Unlike other cities, Karachi has its own Electricity generation corporation, the KESC. KESC does not contribute to national grid unlike other cities and provinces which do.

KESC was given power from national grid so as to give it time to enhance and improve its own power generation capacity.

Unlike other cities, Karachi has its own Electricity generation corporation, the KESC. KESC does not contribute to national grid unlike other cities and provinces which do.

KESC was given power from national grid so as to give it time to enhance and improve its own power generation capacity.

please explain how does KESC not contribute while other cities do?

Everyone is biased against Karachi, if you go by MQM's argument. But when they have been sweeping elections in Karachi for last 25 years, what exactly have they done for the city?

Everyone is biased against Karachi, if you go by MQM's argument. But when they have been sweeping elections in Karachi for last 25 years, what exactly have they done for the city?

they have done a lot so dont come with your bullshitt please

infact what have others done? please tell me what have others done since 65-25 years?

8639_10151664468805325_827774594_n.jpg

This shows their bias with Karachi ...............

i dont know why not cut off from Karachi's revenue? and invested in making Karachi's own electricity?

when its time to share Karachi's revenue, Karachi is part of Pakistan, and when its time to give something back, Karachi is cut off from national grid

Karachi is just a milking cow for others!

KESC has HFO based power plants but they want the subsidized power from National Grid.

BMC6pFmCIAETiUQ.jpg:large

KESC has HFO based power plants but they want the subsidized power from National Grid.

Abraaj Group owns KESC, and since 2005, they have very slowly spread to other forms of power creation.

KESC is very very slow to introduce new electricity power plants to supply Karachi. Building 25MW, 110MW, 250MW here and there to show something. All these additions based on OIL and Gas, the more expensive ways of creating electricity. 28% of electricity is lost in transmission come on.

I have a question for you. When you are a laborer, earning 8,000 PKR a month, if you work at the mills 5 days a week. Your electricity bills comes out at 10,000 PKR what will you do?

Since KESC is private, the owners are doing more to combat electricity theft, but they can only do so much once the thieves are politicians or connected.

subsidy by government is provided to every power generator does, just like KESC, KESC gets subsidy just like any other

its useless to cry why KESC gets subsidy
SsiXb.png

Thəorətic Muslim;4391192 said:
Abraaj Group owns KESC, and since 2005, they have very slowly spread to other forms of power creation.

KESC is very very slow to introduce new electricity power plants to supply Karachi. Building 25MW, 110MW, 250MW here and there to show something. All these additions based on OIL and Gas, the more expensive ways of creating electricity. 28% of electricity is lost in transmission come on.

I have a question for you. When you are a laborer, earning 8,000 PKR a month, if you work at the mills 5 days a week. Your electricity bills comes out at 10,000 PKR what will you do?

Since KESC is private, the owners are doing more to combat electricity theft, but they can only do so much once the thieves are politicians or connected.

There are laborer every where in the country not just Karachi and govt is reducing subsidy from Energy sector

subsidy by government is provided to every power generator does, just like KESC, KESC gets subsidy just like any other

its useless to cry why KESC gets subsidy
SsiXb.png

I would like to see subsidy in those Gencos where the theft is less

There are laborer every where in the country not just Karachi and govt is reducing subsidy from Energy sector

The heck with laborers.. it has to do with Business houses. Ports, Processing etc.
Factories .. and so on.

Killing Karachi is one thing, the city will turn into a place like 70's Rio.
But then expecting the rest of the country to match its economic potential or magically find a sea where there can be a major port.
Stupidity.

first of all you dont really expect to have little theft when 28-40% electricity is loss in tramission, where as only 11% happens in punjab

second, you didnt read the lines carefully, the subsidy is made to lessen the electricity cost, same happens in punjab and else where

Back
Top Bottom