What's new

Z-10 & Z-19 Combat Helicopter News & Discussion

I have heard that this heli has very low service ceiling which isnt good of Pak Aviation cuz we need helis to counter indias LCHs on high altitude terrain like Siachen Kargil Gilgit etc etc etc is plaaf tring to increase its ceiling or will try or not?
@Beast and @Deino and can answer this

thanx for quoting them plus i would like to add another question that i heard that PA pilots evaluated this machine and recommended some changes for Pakistani environment/Demand i guess,what changes are suggested for finl orders if any??
Changes are not serious they are change of language on computer and avinonics from Chinese to English. I hope when we order WZ-10 we order the version which is recently produced by China and is heavily upgraded. The up gradation include new engine known as WZ16 and other recent upgrades

Changes are not serious they are change of language on computer and avinonics from Chinese to English. I hope when we order WZ-10 we order the version which is recently produced by China and is heavily upgraded. The up gradation include new engine known as WZ16 and other recent upgrades
hmmm thanx i guess main problem is its ceiling may be engine will boost it?

I have heard that this heli has very low service ceiling which isnt good of Pak Aviation cuz we need helis to counter indias LCHs on high altitude terrain like Siachen Kargil Gilgit etc etc etc is plaaf tring to increase its ceiling or will try or not?
Where did you heard such things of low ceiling attitude? From the Indians ,right? :D

WZ 10 has service ceiling of 6100m. LCH has 6500m.

But WZ-10 has an edge, it can carry more weight which means more armament.

The density of the air at these heights is roughly 30 per cent less than that of the air at sea level. This causes a reduction in the weight that can be carried, and also the pilot's ability to manoeuvre as the radius of a turn is higher here than at lower levels.
Also engine performance deteriorates with altitude, as for the same forward speed a smaller mass of air goes into the engine of the helicopter, compared to low altitudes.

PA wont be using WZ 10 against LCH. Its better to use WZ10 to counter insurgents first and then as Anti-tank helicopter to counter an Indian armoured thrust.

What PA needs in Siachen, Gilgit, Skardu are more transport helicopters for troops, logistics etc.

Where did you heard such things of low ceiling attitude? From the Indians ,right? :D
Apart from engine what other changes were made in WZ-10 recently ?

WZ 10 has service ceiling of 6100m. LCH has 6500m.

But WZ-10 has an edge, it can carry more weight which means more armament.

The density of the air at these heights is roughly 30 per cent less than that of the air at sea level. This causes a reduction in the weight that can be carried, and also the pilot's ability to manoeuvre as the radius of a turn is higher here than at lower levels.
Also engine performance deteriorates with altitude, as for the same forward speed a smaller mass of air goes into the engine of the helicopter, compared to low altitudes.

PA wont be using WZ 10 against LCH. Its better to use WZ10 to counter insurgents first and then as Anti-tank helicopter to counter an Indian armoured thrust.

What PA needs in Siachen, Gilgit, Skardu are more transport helicopters for troops, logistics etc.
Well WZ-10 now have new engine and I think it's far more powerful than the previous one. Also we tested WZ-10 which don't have new engine but old one. Now for Siachin yes we are not going to have a dog fight of helicopters but LCH would be used against our troops we need some good weapons to counter it and also a attack helicopter to use against Indian soldiers.

yep but i was shocked as it looks so advanced and will fulfill PLAF needs but i didnt agreed with them cuz chinease arnt insane that they will produce an impotent heli.as for now i hope may be in 5-7 years God willingly it will cross american,apachies in tech

yep but i was shocked as it looks so advanced and will fulfill PLAF needs

Do not trust western or Indian source so easily. Many times they are just malicious article or insecure bashing to try boast their wounded ego. They are afraid of rising China so the only thing they can do is to rubbish any advancement of China.

Ask yourself a simple question, if WZ-10 gunship has low ceiling flight, would PAF even evaluate this gunship in the first place?

Do not trust western or Indian source so easily. Many times they are just malicious article or insecure bashing to try boast their wounded ego. They are afraid of rising China so the only thing they can do is to rubbish any advancement of China.

Ask yourself a simple question, if WZ-10 gunship has low ceiling flight, would PAF even evaluate this gunship in the first place?
thanx for clearing my views but can u please answer that is there X2 hellis in proto or drawing board status for PLAF as fast transport or attack or combo roles like hinds?

thanx for quoting them plus i would like to add another question that i heard that PA pilots evaluated this machine and recommended some changes for Pakistani environment/Demand i guess,what changes are suggested for finl orders if any??

What I heard is that Pakistan requests changes on the gun (23mm to 30 mm) and on the GUI (Chinese to English).

Henri K.

135749p6i58vcwepkaakas.jpg.thumb.jpg

135750knrznyrfaliri7ia.jpg.thumb.jpg

Wrong, these are simply the original older style airframes with the prototype's targeting device. All late-production models feature the standard system.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom