What's new

Z-10 or T-129 Atak or AH-1Z for the Pakistan Army?

I am sure we will go with chineeae as the time for us to induce helicopters the chinees would have developed a newer tech than WZ-10 or atleast WZ-10 will br a mature form with much greater capabilities than turkish comparing price.....
we can induce 4 squadron of WZ-10 is we can induce 2 of T-129 soo we will surely go for a better and nature okatform of WZ-10...

we should go for both if we can afford in next 15-20 years, side by side in 36=wz-10 and 24= t-129.

Would prefer T-129 if transfer of technology and any licenses necessary is given to allow Pakistan to domestically produce the the attack helicopter. Pakistan needs long term investment in an attack helicopter platform so these things need to be viewed in this aspect.

hey brother... Good to see ya.

Wel its simple....

Who ever of both can pay 10% to zardari will win the contract:lol:

but if you take my opinion. Then If you can gimme one to fly arround ... I would pick T 129 ATAK;)
just joking...

I vote for ATAK because its much better than z10 ...

Hey bro post me some specs of this gunship...TC:tup:

Bribing commission rate in the sub continent is 7%:coffee:

SPECIFICATION

CAIC WZ-10 of China
z1001.jpg

General characteristics

Crew: 2
Length: 14.15 m (ft)
Rotor diameter: 13.0 m [1] (ft)
Height: 3.85 m (ft)
Disc area: m² (ft²)
Empty weight: 5540 kg [1] (lb)
Loaded weight: kg (lb)
Useful load: 1500 kg [1] (lb)
Max takeoff weight: 7000 kg (lb)
Powerplant: 2× WZ-9 turboshafts [1], 957 kw (1285 hp) each
Performance

Maximum speed: 300+ km/h [1]
Cruise speed: 270+ km/h [1]
Ferry range: 800+ km [1] ()
Service ceiling: 6400 m (ft)
Rate of climb: over 12+ m/s [1] (ft/min)
Disc loading: kg/m² (lb/ft²)
Maximum acceleration: +3 g (29 m/s²)
Armament

Guns: 23 mm or 30 mm autocannon mounted on chin turret
Hardpoints: 4
Rockets: 57 mm, 90 mm multi-barrel unguided rocket pods
Air-to-surface missiles: Up to 8 ATGM
Air-to-air missiles:
Up to 8 TY-90
Up to 4 PL-5, PL-7, PL-9
Avionics

YH millimetre-wave fire-control radar
YH-96 electronic warfare suite

T-129 ATAK of Turkey
300px-AgustaA129_01.jpg

General characteristics

Crew: 2 pilots
Length: 14.6 m (47 ft 11 in)
Rotor diameter: 11.90 m (39 ft 0 in)
Height: 3.4 m (11 ft 2 in)
Disc area: 444.9 m² (4,789 ft²)
Max takeoff weight: 5,000 kg (11,023 lb)
Powerplant: 2× LHTEC CTS800-4A turboshaft, 1,014 kW (1,361 shp) each
Propellers: five blade rotor
Performance

Cruise speed: 269 km/h (145 knots, 167 mph)
Range: 561 km (303 nm, 341 mi)
Ferry range: 1,000 km (540 nm, 620 mi)
Armament

Guns: 1× 20 mm (0.787 in) three-barrel gatling-type cannon (500 rounds)
Rockets: 4 pods with
38× 81 mm (3.19 in) unguided rockets or
76× 70 mm (2.75 in) unguided rockets or
12.7 mm machine gun-pod
Missiles:

8× AGM-114 Hellfire, BGM-71 TOW, Hydra 70, Spike-ER anti-tank missiles and Sura D/Snora.
4-8× AIM-92 Stinger or Mistral or AIM-9 Sidewinder anti-aircraft missiles

Surely 30 Z-10Ps and then follow up orders for newer blocks will be done.

I think they will chose T-129 and not because i am Turkish but because its more cost-effective to use then the chinese counter part. Pakistan could order the T-129A COIN dedicated variant which will be more usefull for Pakistan, And if they ever wished to make there Helo fleet more Anti-Tank or Anti-Building orientated they can always upgrade them later on to T-129B2 standart which will be superior to the A variant (will also be armed with MMW Radar)

Turkey is friendly to Pakistan. but it does not mean all components supplier of T 129 are friendly to pakistan.
234317ssmolomll4o8uwzk.jpg.thumb.jpg

We are talking about a product which intellectual and property rights belongs to Turkish institutes and Majority of systems were developed by Turkish institutes(A Brotherly NATO state's defence institutes). Pakistan is operating many strategic complete products whose components belongs to neither a friendly country Turkey, nor ally China such as SAM, AWACS, UAV's, Aircrafts, Radars, Munitions, Helicopters...etc. During the period when Pakistan ordered all those, They exemined their cost-effectivities. Since years, Pakistan armd forces are succesfully operating/keep ordering all those NATO products without meeting any difficulties.

It will be the same When The issue is attack helicopter procurement as well. Besides, The defence contacts contains the spare parts and maintenance efforts from engine to avionics which is guaranteed with the items signed between counterparts so There isn't a thing like Pakistan will order T-129 Atak from Turkey and When It is required the maintain the obsolete gears in following years, The Turkey/Agusta collaboration will issue an embargo over Pakistan and Pakistan will remain lack off the attack helicopters.

We are talking about a product which intellectual and property rights belongs to Turkish institutes and Majority of systems were developed by Turkish institutes(A Brotherly NATO state's defence institutes). Pakistan is operating many strategic complete products whose components belongs to neither a friendly country Turkey, nor ally China such as SAM, AWACS, UAV's, Aircrafts, Radars, Munitions, Helicopters...etc. During the period when Pakistan ordered all those, They exemined their cost-effectivities. Since years, Pakistan armd forces are succesfully operating/keep ordering all those NATO products without meeting any difficulties.

It will be the same When The issue is attack helicopter procurement as well. Besides, The defence contacts contains the spare parts and maintenance efforts from engine to avionics which is guaranteed with the items signed between counterparts so There isn't a thing like Pakistan will order T-129 Atak from Turkey and When It is required the maintain the obsolete gears in following years, The Turkey/Agusta collaboration will issue an embargo over Pakistan and Pakistan will remain lack off the attack helicopters.
if Pakistan only want to by the atak heli, there will be no problem to buy T129 from turkey.
but what Pakistan need is technology transfer.
I don't think turkey has the right to transfer T129 technology to Pakistan. at least Turkey alone can not make this kind of decision,

My pick is WZ10. They will serve Pak Army really well.

First order should be around 50-60, then later order should be for newer Block.

Had Russia offered Pakistan MI 28 Havoc then that would had been great & the picture would had totally been different.

if Pakistan only want to by the atak heli, there will be no problem to buy T129 from turkey.
I don't think turkey has the right to transfer T129 technology to Pakistan. at least Turkey alone can not make this kind of decision,

Same thoughts here, I believe China might allow Pakistan to make (TOT) WZ10 in Pakistan, if Pakistan goes for WZ10.

Bribing commission rate in the sub continent is 7%:coffee:

Lozzz, nice one.

Turkey can make this kind of desicion alone.

Just saying.

The TAI as owner institute of T-129 Atak, offering more offsets and tech. transfer than USA rivals for S.Korea, Why can't TAI do the same for Pakistan ?

Back
Top Bottom