What's new

Young Saudis in India to narrow cultural divide

God of Death

Reaction score
Young Saudis in India to narrow cultural divide

sau-Young-Saudis-2.jpg

sau-Young-Saudis-1.jpg

While Saudi Arabia makes steady progress toward women empowerment with many females occupying top government and private sector posts, there are others who are still unaware of their

By HYDERABAD: ARAB NEWS

Published: Mar 24, 2012 23:49 Updated: Mar 24, 2012 23:49

Former president of India and world-renowned nuclear scientist A.P.J. Abdul Kalam congratulated Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah on his initiative to achieve world peace through promoting dialogue among followers of various religions and cultures.

“King Abdullah is a great man and the entire world has great respect and appreciation for him,” he said.

Abdul Kalam was delivering an advanced scientific lecture on stem cells on Thursday at the grand conference hall of the Indian School of Business (ISB) in Hyderabad, capital of the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.

Several prominent figures, including Ajit Rangnekar, dean of ISB, Yousuf bin Trad Al-Saadoon, undersecretary for economic and cultural affairs at the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and several leading scientists and experts in stem cell research attended the function, held as part of the Saudi-Indian Youth Forum.

In his opening speech at the session, Ajit Rangnekar welcomed the Saudi youths attending the forum and expressed his delight at their academic and scientific standards. “Saudi Arabia is a peace loving country, and the Saudi youths act as messengers of peace for King Abdullah’s interfaith initiative,” he said.

Al-Saadoon, who led the Saudi youth delegation, thanked Abdul Kalam and conveyed to him King Abdullah’s greetings and appreciation. He said the Saudi delegation’s visit comes within the framework of establishing cultural, educational and humanitarian bridges with nations of the world in line with the principles of the Islamic faith.

The visit aims to enable Saudi youths to convey a message of peace and love to all peace-loving people in the world. The delegation is comprised of 26 young Saudi men and women students from all regions of the Kingdom.

On his part, Atul Negi, professor of the University of Hyderabad and supervisor of the Indian youth delegation attending the forum, described King Abdullah’s dialogue initiative as a call for global peace.

“The initiative involves a number of issues that are of concern for both Saudi and Indian youths. It is considered as one of the best means for mutual understanding and exchange of knowledge and culture in addition to offering appropriate solutions,” Negi said in his speech.

Hamid Ali Rao, India’s ambassador to the Kingdom, said the idea of the Saudi-Indian Youth Forum is aimed at promoting better understanding, fostering enduring friendships and exchanging experiences and information between youths in the two countries.

In a statement to Saudi Press Agency, he said: “This visit is sponsored by the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs in coordination with the Indian Foreign Ministry within the framework of King Abdullah’s initiative for dialogue between the followers of cultures, civilizations and religions,” he said.

While welcoming the delegation to India, the ambassador said the Saudi youths would interact with their counterparts in India.

“The objective of the visit is to further promote growing Saudi-Indian relations and benefit from the Indian experience in the field of communications and information technology. It is hoped that the activities of the forum will provide an opportunity for young Saudis to interact with their Indian counterparts and outline common ideas and perceptions,” he said.

The theme of the visit is communications and information technology and taking advantage of it in the economic and social welfare areas. The forum is the fourth in a series, three of which were conducted earlier in China, Brazil and Germany. The delegation is visiting three premier Indian cities of Hyderabad and Bangalore, which are major IT hubs, in addition to the capital city of New Delhi where its members will tour IT and communication facilities, academic and technological institutions, research centers and places of cultural and historical importance.

As part of the forum, Al-Saadoon said there would be dialogue and debate sessions focusing on the latest trends and developments in the field of technology and how to utilize technology to confront current challenges.

At the conclusion of the forum, the youths will send a message to King Abdullah, Indian President Pratibha Patil and UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon outlining their hopes, aspirations and recommendations to promote youth contributions, he added.

The Saudi team arrived in Bangalore, the second stop in their three-city tour, yesterday evening.

Young Saudis in India to narrow cultural divide - Arab News

politics of oil really does make people backward. okay I said my part just don't say you were not warned.

politics of oil really does make people backward. okay I said my part just don't say you were not warned.

Well Buddy!!! We Indians still keep hundred times more positive views towards Iranians when compared to Saudi. Saudi are only interested in India because of India's economic boom & $2 Trillion economy and to contain Iran, even we know that.

Saudi Arabia and India will be major political, economical and military power very soon.

And any collaboration and friendship is natural. We can supplement each other.

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques the King Abdullah is taking a right path for development.

:lol: i know your face look like this now :angry::angry: and your doing :hitwall::hitwall:

:rofl: very funny to have this kind of people around.

No this is what my face looked like

Well Buddy!!! We Indians still keep hundred times more positive views towards Iranians when compared to Saudi. Saudi are only interested in India because of India's economic boom & $2 Trillion economy and to check Iran, even we know that.

I have no problem with India cooperating with anyone, but you cant trust these things.
they will try and spread their ideology in your nation.

No this is what my face looked like

I have no problem with India cooperating with anyone, but you cant trust these things.

and who are you to tell people who they trust or what they should do in these cases oh i forgot you r the world saver

and who are you to tell people who they trust or what they should do in these cases oh i forgot you r the world saver

I was just saying my point of view.
LOL Indian don't want your culture mixing with theirs. wherever you people go, you country tries bringing their primitive ideology with them. so bye bye :wave:

@ PERSIAN GOD KING

Plz, don't derail this thread. We can debate that issue later on in some other thread on that topic.

Yes, we know that because they had been mostly against Indian in last 60 years even we were the staunch supporter for Palestinian cause in those years. But since we have no problem in trading with Arch-rival China, we have issue with no-one.

And rich Arab countries of Gulf do face some image crisis in India. In last decade most of the rich Arab men as old as Grandpa age like 70yrs or 73 years used to come to India to look for a bride as old as 12 years among poor Muslims neighborhoods in India and before leaving used to divorce her ruining her life or take her to their own countries again their life to be ruined there. And that system was frequent and government started putting check on these practices.

funny you speak of behalf of Indian

I speack on behalf of all humans who don't want your people destroying their culture.

@ PERSIAN GOD KING

Plz, don't derail this thread. We can debate that issue later on in some other thread on that topic.

Yeah sorry, I was just making a point.

Yes, we know that because they had been mostly against Indian in last 60 years even we were the staunch supporter for Palestinian cause in those years. But since we have no problem in trading with Arch-rival China, we have issue with no-none.

And rich Arab countries of Gulf do face some image crisis in India. In last decade most of the rich Arab men as old as Grandpa age like 70yrs or 73 years used to come to India to look for a bride as old as 12 years among poor Muslims neighborhoods in India and before leaving used to divorce her ruining her life or take her to their own countries again their life to be ruined there. And that system was frequent and government started putting check on these practices.

Nicely put bro, I hope that your leaders watch them very carefully.

Nicely put bro, I hope that your leaders watch them very carefully.

Actually in 1969, Sultans of Morocco and Saudi Arabia invited India in the first conference of OIC in Rabat after the fall of Jerusalem in 6 days war and since we never recognized Israel in 1948 and home to third largest Muslim population. But our delegation was insulted in Rabat and Saudis asked us to go back to please Pakistan and they passed a resolution permanently banning India and Philippines to apply for OIC membership. That incident was looked in India as greatest surprise.

Even in India many Sufi-oriented Muslim group are also fearful of Saudi money being pumped in India creating fear of more intolerance.

Back
Top Bottom