What's new

Youm e Zarbat Sayyidna Umar Bin Khattab(R.A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malik Alpha

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Imam ibn Kathir said that when Umar (رضي الله عنه ) concluded his rites of Hajj in 23 Hijri, he prayed and asked Allah to take him to Himself and to grant him martyrdom in the land of the Prophet (عليه سلام.) just as it is narrated by Zaid bin Aslam: Umar (رضي الله) said:

“Oh Allah! I ask you for martyrdom in Your cause and death in the land of Your Messenger (عليه سلام)." (Bukhari: 1890)

Allah indeed kind to whom He wishes. It happened that Abu Lulu Al- Fayruz, the Majoosi (the fire worshiper) stabbed Umar (رضي الله) while he was in the Fajr Salah (dawn prayer) with a dagger of two blades. He stabbed him three times, one of these below the naval. Hence, Umar (رضي الله) fell down bleeding copiously.

He asked Abdul Rahman bin Awf (رضي الله.) to replace him to conclude the prayer. Abu Lulu withdrew with his dagger but kept stabbing whoever came his way in the mosque until he stabbed thirteen people out of which six died as a result of their injuries. Abdullah bin Awf (رضي الله.) threw his robe on him and when he realized that he was going to be overpowered, Abu Lulu stabbed himself to death (may Allah's curse be upon him).

Umar (رضي الله.), was taken to his house with blood gushing out from his wound. All of these occurred before sunrise.

Then Umar asked: "Who killed me?"
His companions replied, "Abu Lulu, the Magian."

Then Umar رضي الله was delighted and said: "Praise be to Allah who Has not afflicted me from the hands of someone who subscribes to monotheism. I used to forbid you from sending to us any uncouth infidel but you disobeyed me."
Then he said: "Call for my brothers."
They asked: "Who?"
Umar (رضي الله.) said: "Uthman, Ali, Talhah, Zubair, Abdul Rahman bin Awf, and Sad bin Abi Waqas رضوان الله عليهم أجمعين."

When they arrived, Umar (رضي الله.) said:
“I have looked into the affairs of the Muslims and I found you six the foremost and the smart. I do not see the authority fitting for anyone except one of you. If you are upright, then the affair of the people will be upright. If there is disagreement, it is because you had disagreed (amongst yourselves)." His blood was mopped for him, and he said: "Consult for three days, and in the meantime, Suhayb Ar-Rumi رضي الله should lead the people in prayer." They asked: "Who should we consult with, O' Prince of believers?" He replied: "Consult with the Immigrants and the Supporters as well as the commanders of the armies."

He requested for a drink of milk. When he drank it, the whiteness of the milk could be seen oozing out from his wounds and it was clear for them that he would die. He said:

"The time is now (i.e. of death). If I were to have the entire world, I would have given it out to ransom myself from the horror of the point of departure."

Then, his soul was taken. This happened on 26 Dhul Hijjah, 23 AH (Wednesday 7th of November 644 AD). He was sixty-three years old and his era extended for ten years.

As per Umar's (رضي الله.) will, he was buried, with the permission of Aishah (رضي الله.), alongside Prophet Mohammad (عليه سلام.) and caliph Abu Bakr (رضي الله عنه.) .
FB_IMG_1597513864428.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom