What's new

Y-20 heavy transport aircraft News & Discussions

The C17 has the current world record at 427 meters take off and landing with a pay load of 20 tons. 300 meters is impressive and probably a new world record.
Very likely that Y-20 is taking off with empty payload and 1/3 fuel loaded..

Meaning that with four powerful WS-20 turbofan installed, it can similar take off with a heavier payload within 300 meters.
Am I right?

The C17 has the current world record at 427 meters take off and landing with a pay load of 20 tons. 300 meters is impressive and probably a new world record.
300 meter is not possible nor necessary, unless empty.

I know we have been discussing potential images of the Y-20B using WS-20 turbofans several times already and have been proven wrong most often ... so here another try?
🤔

(Image via @柳成梁 from 解放軍評論團 at FB)

1614839277414.png

Again, I'm still not entirely sure concerning this new GE image of the Y-20B with WS-20 turbofan engines since we have been fooled more than once before.

But my feeling tells me this looks like the Y-20B prototype in primer that made its maiden flight on 21 November 2020.

(Image via GE via Huitong's CMA-Blog)

1614857060585.png

China shall convert a Y-20 into China president one airplane. Give it a luxurious inner makeover. The short take off , rugged landing capabilities will make it a very safe president airplane. Of cos, this version will flow with WS-20 engine for better fuel efficiency and higher thrust.

Back
Top Bottom