What's new

Xi's "city of the future", Xiong'an, China's new capital, 40 years younger than Shenzhen

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China

Xi's "city of the future", Xiong'an, China's new capital, 40 years younger than Shenzhen​

The central government, all the ministries, government departments and state owned companies now in Beijing will be moved to Xiong'an once the city is completed.
Xiong'an region is a big swamp which has one of the biggest wetland area in North China, it is the home to numerous rivers and lakes, Xi decided to move the capital there due to the region's ecological advantage.

Last edited:
hopefully, Xiongan will be the new Changan in history is some way.

Xiong’an –Nicknamed Xi's city, the Bold New Mega City that will shape China’s Future

A future mega city which is now being built up from scratch

Relocation of Beijing’s non-capital functions, it has been planned that non-capital functions in Beijing will be transferred to Xiong’an. Some of Beijing’s colleges, hospitals, business headquarters, public services, and financial institutions will be relocated to the New Area.

Xiong'an, water world

8225cfa2e26f11ecb6eb02424ee6236f.jpg
调整大小 4-1.jpg

让人223.jpg

调整大小 W020220401420249520129.jpg

调整大小 a78d65cbb5bc4cd2ac3c505c9d1d81fd.jpg

调整大小 9d4b01eadd104c1b8aba809fc3e535d8.jpg

Bit off topic - I want to see Xiong'an vs Dholera status in 2030+. Both cities promoted heavily by both national leader. I suspect Dholera will be less developed, but still like to see how much we can compete.

@beijingwalker are all these photos real photos from Xiong'an or are they like CGI?

Bit off topic - I want to see Xiong'an vs Dholera status in 2030+. Both cities promoted heavily by both national leader. I suspect Dholera will be less developed, but still like to see how much we can compete.

@beijingwalker are all these photos real photos from Xiong'an or are they like CGI?
They are real photos

Hebei people are not good at business, nor good at high-tech industry, the Northern Region, conservative, afraid of innovation, afraid of change.

I think the city's biggest role is to divert government departments and schools from overcrowded Beijing

Hebei people are not good at business, nor good at high-tech industry, the Northern Region, conservative, afraid of innovation, afraid of change.

I think the city's biggest role is to divert government departments and schools from overcrowded Beijing
The city is going to draw talents from the whole country just as Shenzhen and Pudong. Look at Beijing located just 100 km from Xiongan, Beijing is also a leading technology, research, finance, business and education centre in China apart being the country's administrative capital.

Last edited:

It's going to be connected with high speed railway and maglev with Beijing, traveling time will be just 20 minutes bewteen the two cities, talents go to places where present better opportunities, no cities can beat future Xiong'an in this regard.

Xiong'an HSR station, the biggest in Asia

1128993121_16627931090571n.jpg

Can someone please point it out on Google Maps. Thanks.

The "water" scene must be BS or seasonal. Northern China has little water. They got to divert from South.

1680489086450.png

The "water" scene must be BS or seasonal. Northern China has little water. They got to divert from South.

View attachment 923099
So it's more close to Tianjin than Beijing

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom