What's new

Xinjiang Province: News & Discussions

49 Muslim-majority strong states..
4-5 disputed states (Like Nigeria, some say Christians are majority, some say Muslims)..
2-3 Muslim 'plurality' states..(mean Muslims form the largest group but not majority)...

All in all, OIC is composed of 57 states...

But what does it has to do with the topic?

These terrorists are idiots,,,,I bet U.S/India is funding these guys ...no wonder U.S came in the region..

China should tighten its security, and give more rights/freedoms to Chinese Muslims living in the region...

So that's 49 muslim majority countries as of now. Anyway that's not the topic.

Zero tolerance for terrorism!

China is not soft touch USA. You mess with China, you mess with Nationalist PLA and their type95 alongwith all the goodies!

Blood for blood. Round 'em up, kill 'em all!

Possible, but I'll not ask for proofs because there is none.

However, the origin points to Pakistan and that's bad for Pakistan.

Indian claiming it points to pakistan how original the fact Indian intelligence is busy in Afghanistan training and funding extremist means nothing.

China's Xinjiang says 'terrorist' axe, knife and arson attack kills 21

April 24, 2013

REUTERS

BEIJING--A confrontation involving axes, knives, at least one gun and ending with the burning down of a house left 21 people dead in China's troubled far-west region of Xinjiang, a government spokeswoman said on April 24, calling it a "terrorist attack".

Nine residents, six police and six ethnic Uighurs were killed in the violence on April 23, said Hou Hanmin, spokeswoman for the Xinjiang government.

It was not immediately clear how many burnt to death.

Hou did not name any group, but China has blamed previous attacks in energy-rich Xinjiang - strategically located on the borders of Afghanistan, Pakistan, India and Central Asia--on Islamic separatists who want to establish an independent East Turkestan.

Many Uighurs, a Turkic-speaking Muslim people native to Xinjiang, chafe at Chinese controls on their religion, language and culture.

Three "community workers" were patrolling a neighborhood of Bachu County, known as Maralbexi by Uighurs, in Kashgar after a tip-off that there were "suspicious people" in a private house, Hou said.

One of the three used a phone to call for help after they found a number of knives, resulting in their being killed by 14 Uighur "rioters" in the house, Hou said.

"The community people were just conducting regular checks, but the action from the rioters was planned and well prepared," Hou said. "It's certainly a terrorist attack."

Several police and other "community workers" came in different groups to the home where the Uighurs used axes and large knives to slash the police officers and workers, Hou said.

Only one police officer was armed with a gun, she said.

The battle ended with the gang members burning down the house, killing the rest of the people there, Hou said. Eight people had been detained.

Dilxat Raxit, spokesman for the exiled World Uyghur Congress, said the violence was sparked by the shooting and killing of a young Uighur by "Chinese armed personnel", prompting the Uighurs to fight back.

"To suppress the fight among the Uighurs, China can engage in arbitrary shootings," Raxit said in an emailed statement.

many rights groups say China overstates the threat to justify its tight grip on the region.

could some one explain to me how is this being called a terrorist attack?

Sorry for the civilian loss.

Could someone post the details in english pls.

Unrest in China's Xinjiang kills 21 people: local official - Channel NewsAsia

Atleast this news item does not suggest a terrorist attack, but a police raid that went violent and the police claiming the people raided were plotting terrorist acts.

It is not so called "unrest" by the likes such as CNN or BBC.

If some are "unrest", they usually go to a coffeeshop or a gym and chill out.

It is terrorism, as pure and as simple as that.

Wait @Cheetah786 did the news excerpt say they used 'axes' & 'knives' & 'a gun' - Very benign compared to the vermin who kill our people !

I dunno if this could be religious extremism or even terrorism per se - Al Qaeeda is usually a lot more violent than that !

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait @Cheetah786 did the news excerpt say they used 'axes' & 'knives' & 'a gun' - Very benign compared to the vermin who kill our people !

I dunno if this could be religious extremism or even terrorism per se - Al Qaeeda is usually a lot more violent than that !

This is domestic disturbance and has nothing to do with terrorism.These people were attacked and only had knifes and axes to fight with back with how is that a bloody terrorist attack? But i do like our Indian friends having orgasm with this news

ETIM is not powerful enough for anything in Xinjiang . Plus getting weapons there is not easy . ETIM terrorists today are Fighting in Pak Afghan Borders and Syria .

Back
Top Bottom