What's new

Wuhan out of Coronavirus Quarantine-: 'Please learn from Wuhan's mistakes'

khansaheeb

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Wuhan citizens speak

If the animal market is still open then has Wuhan really learnt from its mistakes?

The Chinese city of Wuhan, where the coronavirus pandemic originated, is finally lifting its 11-week quarantine as infections and deaths have tailed off.

As they emerge from their long lockdown, residents share the lessons they've learned from the outbreak, and offer encouraging words to the rest of the world.

Video by Meiqing Guan from BBC Chinese, and Grace Tsoi.

Last edited:
basically 11 weeks of jail for 10 million people

Wuhan citizens speak

If the animal market is still open then has Wuhan really learnt from its mistakes?

The Chinese city of Wuhan, where the coronavirus pandemic originated, is finally lifting its 11-week quarantine as infections and deaths have tailed off.

As they emerge from their long lockdown, residents share the lessons they've learned from the outbreak, and offer encouraging words to the rest of the world.

Nothing to do with wild market in the first place. Cos the Wuhan live seafood market don't sell wildlife animal. Just plain propangada by neo con west to discredit China.

https://observers.france24.com/en/2...-dogs-snakes-rats-bats-wuhan-market-indonesia

The rest of the world shall learn from Wuhan how to deal with epidemic. China has set a golden standard or benchmark how to combat epidemic.

Wuhan citizens speak

Wet markets will never be close. You would rather have your own locals earning some income through small businesses rather from your own people serving some foreign giant Walmart.

The better medical service human beings get, the less likely they will learn from such mistakes. Bird flu didn't stop them from eating chicken. SARS didn't stop them eating exotic animals. MERS didn't stop them raising camels. Swine flu didn't stop them eating pork. Why would this time be any different?

The Chinese population is huge and wild farming is mostly done by poor Chinese citizens to earn their bread. In addition to that, it provides billions to Chinese government. Even if China wants to, she cannot close wild farming & market at once as poor Chinese be at huge loss.I also want to mention that Chinese tried to close markets in past and so tried to shut down markets but closing them may give rise to poverty and poverty itself will take more lives than Corona virus has taken.
I guess that the best solution is that Chinese farmers keep trying to domesticate those animals and plants specially like other nations have done in past. For example, dogs are domesticated animals whose ancestors were considered as wolves. Similarly,cats & rabbits are another example.
The potatoes and wheat on our plates that we eat today were made edible by domestication. The wheat as far as I remember is hexaploid( having six chromosome instead of two sets) but same wheat was once impossible to eat.
The domestication process will take much longer time and all Chinese government can do is just to keep collecting information regarding possible strains of both bacteria and viruses that can jump to humans by comparing their sequences with animals and humans.
In addition to that animals can spread the same problems in any part of the world as jungles or wild type animals are not restricted to only China. There is still no solid evidence that the virus has spread from Chinese markets.
Regards

The Chinese population is huge and wild farming is mostly done by poor Chinese citizens to earn their bread. In addition to that, it provides billions to Chinese government. Even if China wants to, she cannot close wild farming & market at once as poor Chinese be at huge loss.I also want to mention that Chinese tried to close markets in past and so tried to shut down markets but closing them may give rise to poverty and poverty itself will take more lives than Corona virus has taken.
I guess that the best solution is that Chinese farmers keep trying to domesticate those animals and plants specially like other nations have done in past. For example, dogs are domesticated animals whose ancestors were considered as wolves. Similarly,cats & rabbits are another example.
The potatoes and wheat on our plates that we eat today were made edible by domestication. The wheat as far as I remember is hexaploid( having six chromosome instead of two sets) but same wheat was once impossible to eat.
The domestication process will take much longer time and all Chinese government can do is just to keep collecting information regarding possible strains of both bacteria and viruses that can jump to humans by comparing their sequences with animals and humans.
In addition to that animals can spread the same problems in any part of the world as jungles or wild type animals are not restricted to only China. There is still no solid evidence that the virus has spread from Chinese markets.
Regards
Virus doesn't jump from wild animals to humans like fleas. They need enough contact to allow themselves mutate in order to use humans as hosts. People usually stay away from jungles and wild animals. Only those who frequent such contacts are the potential launchpad for virus from animal kingdom.

Virus doesn't jump from wild animals to humans like fleas. They need enough contact to allow themselves mutate in order to use humans as hosts. People usually stay away from jungles and wild animals. Only those who frequent such contacts are the potential launchpad for virus from animal kingdom.

The term "Jump" here never meant that a virus will jump up like fleas to humans. Here by "jump" I meant that any virus which replicates in animals mutates due to some environmental factor and then starts to infect humans in larger numbers.How cute:kiss3:
The reference I am giving you is from BBC science focus magazine. Google it and you will find that numerous other magazines have used the same term.Hence, it is purely a matter of English language. (Note: Do not, please do not mix the concept of Jumping genes from viruses jumping from one specie to another)
LOL.PNG

The English word "Jump" here is used in hence just as a intransitive, literally meaning increased in number:
Again, here is another reference from Oxford dictionary:

ldouble lol.PNG

Google it and if you cannot find it then I will send you links myself.

regards

The term "Jump" here never meant that a virus will jump up like fleas to humans. Here by "jump" I meant that any virus which replicates in animals mutates due to some environmental factor and then starts to infect humans in larger numbers.How cute:kiss3:
The reference I am giving you is from BBC science focus magazine. Google it and you will find that numerous other magazines have used the same term.Hence, it is purely a matter of English language. (Note: Do not, please do not mix the concept of Jumping genes from viruses jumping from one specie to another)
View attachment 621789
The English word "Jump" here is used in hence just as a intransitive, literally meaning increased in number:
Again, here is another reference from Oxford dictionary:

View attachment 621790
Google it and if you cannot find it then I will send you links myself.

regards
I don't think we are in disagreement here. All I tried to say that you need sufficient contact. Every country has its own wild space. It is the sufficient contact that determines which country is likely to spark a pandemic.

I don't think we are in disagreement here. All I tried to say that you need sufficient contact. Every country has its own wild space. It is the sufficient contact that determines which country is likely to spark a pandemic.
I understand. I also assure you that I will not allow habitual trolling or ethnic or country based violence. I have just taken action recently.
regards

I understand. I also assure you that I will not allow habitual trolling or ethnic or country based violence. I have just taken action recently.
regards
I wouldn't go there. Everyone knows how much animal contact there is in his/her own country.

I wouldn't go there. Everyone knows how much animal contact there is in his/her own country.
I will just say this to you that it was purely luck. The reason that nature has chosen China was the ability of Chinese to take matters seriously. I myself appreciate and believe it. God forbid, instead of China, if India or any other nation would have been chosen than from basics such as understanding symptoms to sequencing of the virus and uploading would have become impossible. :)
regards

Back
Top Bottom