What's new

Would you fight for your country ?

Sorry, I missed that. I should have remembered that the Finns lost the bulk of the cellphone trade years ago...

that Nokia 3310 was my First ever Phone .. but i do admire Finnish Soldiers that fought the Russian in cold harsh weather .. if i am not a Wrong there is famous story of a Sniper from Finland

20545247_530363333973551_8721170109897410817_o.jpg

Anybody can explain Finland ? :o:

Nothing to be surprised about, the finnish were able to screw the Russians, inflicting massive casualties to a foe almost ten times their size during the second great war and were one of the few Eastern European states that were able to keep their independence from the Soviet Union after the war.

i would fight and die for iran if they sent me along with comrades to fight israel from the syrian border .

as i'm a smart man i'm sure i'll be able to kill many israelis on the battlefield before martyring due to the incompetency of our own armed forces.

as i'm a smart man i'm sure i'll be able to kill many israelis on the battlefield before martyring due to the incompetency of our own armed forces.
If you don't mind me asking, what are you on?
Your making random comments...

no developed country in > 50%
Finland, Sweden, Greece

The question is ambiguous though....fight in an invasion of another country? I'd probably say no.Fight a defensive war?....completely different thing

The Ukrainian Army,corrupted by Russian spies,depleted by years of underfunding, still managed to contain a Russian invasion .

Russian invasion? I am not excusing the Russians here, but I would not call it an invasion as it implies that the Russian army would be the main fighting force, which it isn't.
Russians kept the seperatists alive with weapons heavy artillery and 'volunteers', but it are still the seperatists doing the main fighting. I think it is really comparable with Russia keeping Assad alive.

Russian invasion? I am not excusing the Russians here, but I would not call it an invasion as it implies that the Russian army would be the main fighting force, which it isn't.
Russians kept the seperatists alive with weapons heavy artillery and 'volunteers', but it are still the seperatists doing the main fighting. I think it is really comparable with Russia keeping Assad alive.
Nope....the separatists is the Russian army.

Nope....the separatists is the Russian army.
Nope, majority is still Eastern Ukrainian/ volunteer forces (Russian soldiers not counted)
Total deaths:

TOTAL 10,090 killed 6 April 2014 – 15 May 2017 source: HRMMU

Civilians 2,777 killed (306 foreign), 6 April 2014 – 15 May 2017 source: HRMMU

UAF, NGU and volunteer forces (pro-Ukraine): 3,714 killed, 6 April 2014 – 1 May 2017 Museum of Military History

DPR and LPR forces (the seperatists): 3,599 killed, 6 April 2014 – 15 May 2017 :Various sources

Russian Armed Forces (the so called volunteers) 400–500 killed, 6 April 2014 – 10 March 2015 U.S. State Department (which in turn has quoted Ukrainian sources, you can be sure them beign baised)

So the Ukrainians themselves say that the majority of casualties are not Russian soldiers, if The Russian army 'would be the seperatists' then wouldn't they have the majority of casualties? You can question the genuinity of the seperatists, but saying that the are the Russian army, is not correct.

While I agree with your arguement to some extent, it is also true that the citizens of two such democracies with military conscription, namely Israel and Switzerland, actually seem to have much lesser willingness to fight for their country, with the gallup survey showing that 66% in Israel and only 39% in Switzerland are willing to fight for their countries , perhaps, in Finland's case, this has to do with patriotic sentiment?
We have 20% Muslim population, almost all of the Jews are willing to fight.

Back
Top Bottom