What's new

Worrying signs: 3,400 Pakistanis give up nationality in five years

People have different circumstances. Sometimes its religious persecution or political. Some people from Pakistan comes running because they had a conflict with some powerful land grabbers who threatened their lives. Very easy to be patriotic while sitting in guarded and rich neighbourhoods, for once try living in lower middle class areas.
Who is safe? Even Benazir Bhutto was not safe. You need to realize life is in the hands of Allah. Everyone is equally at risk in Pakistan. People shouldn't run away with their tails between their legs at the first sign of danger, no nation has been built without sacrifice.
Even for arguments sake, if i accept they left for safety, but why renounce Pakistani citizenship? Safety? I'm afraid not. Greed? Yupp.

Most then you can find in PDF members Flag details also ... :coffee:

What big shame bahi sahab? Shame is on Pakistanis themselves who elect topi drama every time. Now they have sold themselves to another topi drama of dancing tabdeeli razakars.

I did not believe in evolution but after seeing Bhuttos evolving to Bhutto Zardari, I have started to believe now.
ahan then what have to do no have any solution just criticizing the others

Who is safe? Even Benazir Bhutto was not safe. You need to realize life is in the hands of Allah. Everyone is equally at risk in Pakistan. People shouldn't run away with their tails between their legs at the first sign of danger, no nation has been built without sacrifice.
Even for arguments sake, if i accept they left for safety, but why renounce Pakistani citizenship? Safety? I'm afraid not. Greed? Yupp.

Please don't compare the wretched politicians with normal Pakistanis. All Pakistani politicians deserve to be hanged in public.

Now coming to the issue of renouncing citizenship, I don't know maybe some renounced it because they are sick of getting strip searched on every air port lol.

But if Pakistanis are jumping ship because they couldn't get hot water to wipe their arses 'cause the gas pressure wasn't satisfactory or that the power went out for the upteenth time and they couldn't update their status on facebook or that they found themselves inconvenienced by a system that was riddled with corruption, nepotism and mismanagement - I have nothing but contempt for them !
I lose it when people living abroad say, there is no trash in the streets. No one litters. Everyone obeys traffic signals (this is the most common one). I am like really? Is that the biggest grudge you have against Pakistan? I agree, Pakistan sucks, we are piss poor. But there are nations much worse than us, look at Africa for example. Alhumdulillah, i am grateful to Allah for whatever state He gave us. Thank Allah for what you have, He will give you more.

Now coming to the issue of renouncing citizenship, I don't know maybe some renounced it because they are sick of getting strip searched on every air port lol.
Then they are idiots. They will strip search you even if you are second generation American but happen to have brown skin.

Last edited:
If some Pakistani who was battered and bruised by the system decides to leave Pakistan as a heart-broken and angry person; I would sympathize with them. If they go a step further and don't dish heap fulls of dirt on the motherland - I'd respect them....tremendously so !

But if Pakistanis are jumping ship because they couldn't get hot water to wipe their arses 'cause the gas pressure wasn't satisfactory or that the power went out for the upteenth time and they couldn't update their status on facebook or that they found themselves inconvenienced by a system that was riddled with corruption, nepotism and mismanagement - I have nothing but contempt for them !
What a naive thing to say. How old are you?

Most families emigrated from Pakistan because they realized that they have a better future in say UK or USA than in Pakistan. The trend started in the 60s and 70s and really ramped up in the 90s. The amount of families leaving has decreased considerably since 2001 for obvious reasons.

Them leaving had nothing to do with gas pressure, power outage or Facebook as you eloquently put above. It did, however, have everything to do with having the necessary job to support their extended families.

I won't lecture you on how much foreign money has been sent back by these families over the years. Money that has gone straight into the Pakistani economy. (Who do you think is buying up all of these property schemes like bahria town etc.)

If some Pakistani who was battered and bruised by the system decides to leave Pakistan as a heart-broken and angry person; I would sympathize with them. If they go a step further and don't dish heap fulls of dirt on the motherland - I'd respect them....tremendously so !

But if Pakistanis are jumping ship because they couldn't get hot water to wipe their arses 'cause the gas pressure wasn't satisfactory or that the power went out for the upteenth time and they couldn't update their status on facebook or that they found themselves inconvenienced by a system that was riddled with corruption, nepotism and mismanagement - I have nothing but contempt for them ! And Pakistan is better off without such sons and daughters who take out a bloody weighing scale to weigh the pros and cons of being a Pakistani instead of realizing that your relationship with your motherland isn't a rational construct....its an emotional construct - You don't give up on the people and the things you love !

So good riddance !
first of all its quite small number, and its not the first time people are leaving the country they were born in... lots of brits/chinese/australians/indians migrating too.
what is interesting to know is why are they renouncing when dual citizenship is available and most pakistanis opt for dual citizenship because its much more convinient. (something not available to Indians)

I lose it when people living abroad say, there is no trash in the streets. No one litters. Everyone obeys traffic signals (this is the most common one). I am like really? Is that the biggest grudge you have against Pakistan? I agree, Pakistan sucks, we are piss poor. But there are nations much worse than us, look at Africa for example. Alhumdulillah, i am grateful to Allah for whatever state He gave us. Thank Allah for what you have, He will give you more.

I don't really mind if people criticism what is or isn't happening in Pakistan; but there is criticism and then there is self-depreciation !

Being a smug turd blossom while hurling every disparaging comment about Pakistan and Pakistanis under the sun isn't really going to endear you to anyone especially if your own substantive contribution is little more than utilizing a Pakistani passport, catching a plane to 'villlaiat' and then being more villatiii than the villlatiii themselves !

Then they are idiots. They will strip search you even if you are second generation Americans but happen to have brown skin.

Most Pakistanis in Britain who travel on British pass ports face almost no problem, but take your Green passport out and see how the Airport staff's faces will change.

Most Pakistanis in Britain who travel on British pass ports face almost no problem, but take your Green passport out and see how the Airport staff's faces will change.
I have been outside. That's why i can tell you, that no matter which color passport you have, you will be selected for a "random" check up if you happen to have brown skin. They will worry less about illegal immigration, but the possible terrorist tag stays.

What a naive thing to say. How old are you?

Most families emigrated from Pakistan because they realized that they have a better future in say UK or USA than in Pakistan. The trend started in the 60s and 70s and really ramped up in the 90s. The amount of families leaving has decreased considerably since 2001 for obvious reasons.

Them leaving had nothing to do with gas pressure, power outage or Facebook as you eloquently put above. It did, however, have everything to do with having the necessary job to support their extended families.

I won't lecture you on how much foreign money has been sent back by these families over the years. Money that has gone straight into the Pakistani economy. (Who do you think is buying up all of these property schemes like bahria town etc.)

My comments were solely in the context of some Pakistanis giving up nationality; I haven't said anything against dual nationals because I've got nothing against them.

If they wish to go for greener pastures in search for a better life - Thats perfectly fine by me.

Furthermore most of the 'foreign money' is sent by those Pakistanis working in the Gulf - they can't opt of being Pakistanis even if they wanted to do so. Plus the money isn't sent back because people are having bouts of patriotism....it is sent back because they've got dependents here in Pakistan who need to be fed, clothed and housed.....once those dependents leave....so will the money !

first of all its quite small number, and its not the first time people are leaving the country they were born in... lots of brits/chinese/australians/indians migrating too.
what is interesting to know is why are they renouncing when dual citizenship is available and most pakistanis opt for dual citizenship because its much more convinient. (something not available to Indians)

That is exactly who I am referring to - I don't have anything against dual nationals. People leave for a whole variety of reasons.

My comments were solely in the context of some Pakistanis giving up nationality; I haven't said anything against dual nationals because I've got nothing against them.

If they wish to go for greener pastures in search for a better life - Thats perfectly fine by me.

Furthermore most of the 'foreign money' is sent by those Pakistanis working in the Gulf - they can't opt of being Pakistanis even if they wanted to do so. Plus the money isn't sent back because people are having bouts of patriotism....it is sent back because they've got dependents here in Pakistan who need to be fed, clothed and housed.....once those dependents leave....so will the money !
Who do you think is making more disposable money? The cab drivers in Dubai or the residents in US, UK, Canada who have been here for two to three generations?

That is exactly who I am referring to - I don't have anything against dual nationals. People leave for a whole variety of reasons.
so your best guess is.. its because those pakistanis could not get hot water or facebook...
is not renoucing a personal choice(with real adverse conseqeuence), taken by people who are already outside pakistan for quite long(you cant get citizenship without doing your time) and most likely to have 24 hour water and facebook?

Back
Top Bottom