What's new

World's tallest building to be built on Karachi island: Musharraf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oo bhai!! musharraf say bolo kay pahlay apna defence to strong karley phir banana World Tallest Building !! hamara navy strength itni kamzoor hay to phir musharraf ko chaheye kay woo yay paisa navy ki stength ko strong karnay per laga dey
Thanks.

i want to asked to anyone on what island world tallest building made ????
reply plzz

konsay island per banay gi yay building ??

navy ke liyey gwadar mein long term plan hai gwadar mein navy base bane ga aur india ke reach se bahar oo jaye ga..long term plan hai un ke damagh mein woh c...... nahin hain...economy,image,internal harmony,people well being yeh sab bhe utna he zaroori hai..navy defense theek rahey gaa fiker mat kero pakistan india ka budget match nahin kersakta..missile detterence is good enough for attacka nd defense..
this is a centru for geo politics...musharraf apne jab se paisa nahuin de raha dwefence he bunate rahey aur loag bhjookey mar gaye tu kiya faida..mushy apne jaib se nahin de raha paisa american construction group ne sea view pe sky scrapper bunane ka proposal diya tha leiken unko nahin mila kyuin ke seaview apartments nahin kahreed sakte sare..leiken parts mein buna rahey hain..( CREEK CITY ) near dha golf course ,creek club and sha school for o & a levels..

It will give Pakistan some badly needed good publicity.

Its good thing we need much more such news from Pakistan here is the image of proposed building it looks impressive.

Damn good looking structure. Can't wait before it is finished so when i go in 2011 after High School etc. i can see it besides the World Cup!

This is magneficient, cant believe that, they are going for the similar structure of Palm island if not the same.

It will be one of the icon building to represent Pakistan in future.

Yeah, one question what kind of building is it gonna be commercial or business or.... obviously it cant be residential?

Its good thing we need much more such news from Pakistan here is the image of proposed building it looks impressive.

Man, thats a beauty!
Makes me wanna go back and live in Karachi!
:flag: :flag: :flag:

mashallah i can't believe my eyes when will it be completed 2011? and what world cup is happening in 2011..cricket?

This has been in the works for a very long time.

The Karachi Port Tower was planned for 1900 when it was scrapped last year, and I think the same plan transformed into this. It will be 4th largest when its done, IMO.

Asim, i thought the design of the port tower was changed. It still shows the old model if i am not wrong.

Could some1 please inform me, a couple of months back i read a report in TOI that Haryana Govt planned to make the worlds talles building in Gurgaon.

I believe Delhi is to get India's tallest tower in Noida.

I believe Delhi is to get India's tallest tower in Noida.

Dunno man, i read in TOI, that it was Gurgaon. In anycase, Noida is not in Delhi, neither is Gurgaon. They come under NCR(National Capital Region). That is they are not technically in Delhi, but you can call it as an extension of Delhi itself. They are on Delhi's border. They are markedly different from UP and Haryana in which they are. They are very modern, like Delhi, have superb connectivity. Infact today itself 2 new flyovers opened between Delhi and Gurgaon.

These are the two places that Delhi government wanted to develop so as to reduce the burden of population in Delhi. They wanted to make them as a buffer zone between Delhi and India, lol. They wanted that Delhi should be the working capital, while people would live in Gurgaon and Noida. But the other way happened. All the malls, call centres, all the Company headquarters are there in Gurgaon and Noida, with the sexiest girls, and people go to work there from Delhi. LOL.

Though now things are going back, corporates are again basing themselves in Delhi.
So people confuse these places to be Delhi itself. They practically are anyways. But credit, if the talles building is built, would goto UP(Noida) and Haryana(Gurgaon) if it is made there.

Whew...big lecture on NCR!!

Now...the best thing.... Gurgaon and Noida are overflowing with discs and pubs baby. They arent made to shut down at 1 or 2am like Delhi, no fcking limitations on alcohol, plenty of it everywhere. Though realising that Delhi was losing revenue cuz of this, now all pubs n discs in Delhi can stay open all night.

hehe...i invite all you guys should come here :devil:

The battle for the biggest and the best

The war of superlatives is a cruel joke for the masses

By Kamal Siddiqi Editor Reporting

KARACHI: Earlier this week, our president informed us that the world’s tallest building would be built on an island off the coast of Karachi. While the details of this unique project have not been released as yet, it is believed that this building will add to the stature of the country and will be a testament to the present wise and able leadership we are bestowed with.

For some reason, Pakistan seems to have the best and biggest of many things and yet people continue to be ungrateful. For example, we were told that the Karachi Port Trust had spent public funds to build a fountain, which was touted as the highest fountain in the world, at a cost of Rs225 million.

The KPT may be unable to respond effectively to an oil spill which led to irreparable damage to our eco-system in 2003. It may still not have put in place a system to effectively check the spread of oil and a plan to deal with the recurrence of such an incident. But the KPT has built the world’s highest fountain (which is now the second highest fountain for some reason) and has grand plans to build towers, plazas, entertainment complexes and much more.

Operators may complain that the KPT runs a port that is inefficient and where corruption is endemic. But the KPT does have a lot to its credit. It has cleared vast tracts of mangroves to build an officers colony. It has funded an underpass which regularly gets flooded but no one is held accountable for this. The accommodation that the KPT offers to its junior staff may be crumbling. But the KPT does have plans for projects on a BOT basis with the private sector.

Development, our president tells us, comes at a price. He says that people may have objections to the fact that hundreds of trees were cut down to make way for flyovers, underpasses, bypasses and overhead bridges. The General says that we will not let such objections come in the way of development. And so it is.

It is the superlatives that steal the show. Governor Sindh informs us that the Bagh-e-Ibn-e-Qasim is the “largest park in Asia.” Last year, the President approved the launch of a bullet train which would run between Rawalpindi and Lahore at a speed of 250 kmph (the fastest possibly in Asia?).

If that is not all, we have one of the fastest growing economies in the world. The best performing markets in the region and the most impressive record at eradicating poverty as within one year we “changed” our figures with the result that suddenly millions of people were no more under the poverty line, according to our official statisticians.

But then, why are the people upset? There may be some reasons, which we can only talk about briefly lest we spoil the mood of this piece. Pakistan may be the only country in the world where the number of illiterates continues to increase in real terms. Poverty continues to rise in real terms as well. Our literacy rate is the lowest in South Asia. Our health and social indicators one of the worst in the region, with the possible exception of Afghanistan. Our corruption figures are also very depressing.

And yet these numbers mean nothing to the people. What they do know, however, is that the price of flour has gone up. A naan which was available for Rs1 in 1999 is now priced at Rs4. The price of milk has risen despite the government’s best intentions. The price of essential commodities has risen in the past five years by an average of about 50%.

The rises are staggering in other areas as well. Real estate prices have risen several fold, which in turn has put pressure on rentals. The cost of durables has also recorded a remarkable rise.

At the same time, crime has increased manifold in both cities and rural areas. In Lahore, for example, the number of FIRs registered has risen five-fold in three years. This despite the fact that most crime in Pakistan goes unreported.

Crime against women, minorities, children, and other disadvantaged classes has also increased. Theft, burglaries and street crime have also gone up by leaps and bounds (forgive the expression). At the same time, the government’s expenditure on law and order has risen as well. However, this has not had the desired effect.

Governance continues to be an issue for a leadership that had a single agenda of good governance when it took over. Disputes between provinces and the centre are settled by force and not consensus. More recently, the federal government leased out two islands off the coast of Karachi to a Dubai-based firm without consulting the Sindh government. When people protested and the Sindh government objected, the President brushed it aside in the name of development.

Billions are being poured into high-profile projects. But the infrastructure is crumbling. In main cities like Karachi and Lahore, the water supply system has almost collapsed. Sewerage overflowing onto roads is a common sight. Garbage dumps in the middle of busy urban areas are also very familiar. As are potholes on roads, pavements that do not exist and power lines that snap regularly. We don’t have funds to pay teachers salaries but the minister of education sanctions millions for his official car. We don’t have money to put policemen on the streets for patrolling but senior police officials are able to get ten guards to protect them. We don’t have a proper public transport system but there are jets available for our leaders to fly across the world.

The railways ministry launches new train services, unmindful of the fact that this delays the scheduled services by several hours. We are building towers in our hospitals despite the fact that money is needed to treat patients and refurbish facilities that already exist. The government is so pro-development that it is willing to look the other way while the city government in Karachi works at leasing out a famous park - the Kidney Hill park - to a private party to turn it into a commercial area.

In the final analysis, one can say that we may be the biggest and the best in many things, but one needs to also understand that we need to be just good and bearable in others as well. Wonder when that is going to happen.

The News.
http://thenews.jang.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=45355

6e99eb935fa38f7d6a31a44a7bfac602.jpg

Same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom