What's new

World's richest Muslim to spend US$ 2 billion to open 1,300 across India

Veeru

BANNED
Reaction score
World's richest Muslim to spend US$ 2 billion to open 1,300 Schools across India

Two school in each district of India - which will provide free education

Azim_Premji_300.jpg

MUMBAI/ BANGALORE: After chipping in for the country's educational system for a decade, the Azim Premji Foundation (APF), run by the third richest Indian on his own money, is all set for a generous initiative.

The foundation plans to start 1,300 schools across the country- two per district - which will provide free, impart education in the local language and be affiliated to the state board.

If the idea succeeds, it could shame India's dysfunctional public education system - and perhaps inspire other wealthy tycoons to look beyond their personal status-building.

The APF schools, from preschool to class 12, will be on the lines of government ones. The difference will be in quality. "Quality education is fundamental to our becoming a developed nation. And the final crucible of learning is the classroom," says Azim Premji.

Wipro's idea of starting 1,300 schools came after the Azim Premji Foundation recently reviewed its work from 2001, the year in which it was set up. "We felt the need to graduate from programme interventions to institution-building," says Dileep Ranjekar, APF's CEO. "One of our ideas was to set up a separate educational board like the ICSE/ CBSE. But most of us...felt that change would be better felt and seen by actually setting up schools."

Those associated with the planning of this Rs 9,000-crore project say that the schools will focus on the overall development of their students, including their health and nutrition. "The attempt is also to establish schools in corners that are currently educationally under-served and not to compete with existing schools, whether public or private," says Ranjekar, adding that seven schools will start within a year-and-a-half in Karnataka, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand and Chhattisgarh. If things go as forecast, all the 1,300 schools should be up and running by 2025.

The aim behind the schools is two-pronged. "One is to build social pressure for other schools to follow suit and provide quality education. Two, we want to test ourselves, understand what it takes to deliver quality teaching and learning. One cannot tell the world to improve unless one actually leads by example," says Ranjekar.

A focal aim of the foundation is to get each school to evolve, over time, as a development centre integrated with the community. Thus, the schools will be staffed with teachers from the rural areas, but appointed after written tests and an interview.

"Emphasis will be placed on their expertise in the subject, their understanding of pedagogy and their social orientation. Parents of the children will be important partners in the process of development," says Ranjekar.

Azim Premji to start two free schools in every district - The Times of India

World's richest muslim is a bit too far fetched. Richest Muslim in Bharat might be the right sentence.

Prince Talal Al Waleed? Isn't he the richest Muslim in the world?

Man I remember the days when I was crazy about Wipro...

This is where I respect this guy for his attitude of "talk little do more" unlike other businessmen who try to take credit with the help of media, for even the smallest philanthropic work they make.

Others will be forgotten (likes of Mallaya) but he will be immortal.

I have grown amongst Muslim family and friends since a young age ( I mean lived with them in their house for days as their son in Bihar) and know verey well that Premji is the most apt example of a practicing Indian Muslim I have grown to know.

On a side note, Jinnah begged his father to move to Pakistan after partition and he flatly rejected him

whats the source of that nonsense

whats the source of that bullcrap that came from your fugly stinky mouth?-

Post reported.... No personal attacks

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Actually after some googling, it turns that he indeed is the worlds richest muslim businessman. Self made billionaire.
'Premji world's richest Muslim entrepreneur' | Qatar Living

On a side note, Jinnah begged his father to move to Pakistan after partition and he flatly rejected him. His foresight of what Pakistan would devolve into is amazing. Unlike the the other Indian billionaires builidng private skyscrapers and having 300 luxury car parking garages, Mr. Premji has a conscience. He is the Bill Gates of Asia. :tup:

Reported for Trolling

whats the source of that nonsense

JonAsad
Brother even if there is a source that states this was the case - we must and should believe that we live in an age where minds can be manipulated and twisted by the power of such things as the internet. We both know the person putting this post is attempting to have a cheap shot at Jinnah. Global internet warriorship is becoming an art. Whatever floats his boat let him. We know the truth and we know what Jinnah was and how he will live in the memories of our children. We know the reasons why Pakistan was created and he will forever recieve our gratitude till we die.

Off topic, I just looked at the profiles of Alwaleed Bin Talal Alsaud and Azim Premji.

Passions (Alwaleed Bin Talal Alsaud) =Yachts, Cars, Planes

Passions(Azim Premji) = Education

:cheers:

Azim Premji is quite a simple man. Tariq Ansari of Mid Day knows him, and they both own holiday homes in Alibaug, an hour’s sail from Bombay. Tariq said to me once that he bumped into Premji at the jetty, and asked him how he would get from there to his house. “By autorickshaw of course,” a puzzled Premji told him, “don’t you know the service is very good?” Azim Premji flies economy class, and lives in three-star hotels. He is worth $17 billion (Rs1.4 lakh crore). This attitude is consistent with many very wealthy Gujarati families, Hindu and Muslim, who are interested in the creation of wealth and not particularly keen on showing it off.

The Muslim businessmen of India

What a legend!

Back
Top Bottom