What's new

World's largest scale of construction, China $75 billion water diversion project benefits hundreds of millions people

That’s because no country is capable of projects of this size and scale and with this delivery. Germany and Japan are not doing projects like these, no one is.
Beg to differ. Japan made the Seikan tunnel in the 80s. It's still the world's longest underwater tunnel if I'm not wrong. After that is the Channel tunnel.

Beg to differ. Japan made the Seikan tunnel in the 80s. It's still the world's longest underwater tunnel if I'm not wrong. After that is the Channel tunnel.
Are you joking? You have no clue about the size and scale of these projects. The water diversion project runs the whole length of all of Japan. If you want to talk about tunnels, google the undersea tunnels China has been building. Not to mention China has built 2/3rds of the worlds entire high speed rail capacity and put expansive metro systems in over 30 major cities in just 12 years.

Modern China is an industrial hyper power with an economic dynamism that the world has never seen.

Are you joking? You have no clue about the size and scale of these projects. The water diversion project runs the whole length of all of Japan. If you want to talk about tunnels, google the undersea tunnels China has been building. Not to mention China has built 2/3rds of the worlds entire high speed rail capacity and put expansive metro systems in over 30 major cities in just 12 years.

Modern China is an industrial hyper power with an economic dynamism that the world has never seen.
Keyword: Building. Not built yet. In the process.

Many countries have been in your position. The Americans built the Holland Tunnel under the Jersey harbor in the 1880s.

I'd be a little modest if I were you. Japan was also poised to overtake USA in the early 1990s before its bubble crashed. Your per capita levels are still below many Western countries. Nobody likes boastfulness and in your face propaganda.

It will just mean a faster doom for China. Look at the USA. They transfer billions of liters of water from the cold north to the Kalifornia desert party land. Most of the USA is rapidly running OUT of water. People are NOT the same. Some are creatures of the desert because they destroy water and life. Like the Arabs. Those kinds of people must live in a desert with little water. It is their fate.
speaking of Arabs...interesting how the Spanish/Portuguese/Germans killed most natives the New World but nobody killed off the nomadic desert wandering Arabs when those people were found to be wandering around over wealth others wanted.

Many countries have been in your position. The Americans built the Holland Tunnel under the Jersey harbor in the 1880s.

I'd be a little modest if I were you. Japan was also poised to overtake USA in the early 1990s before its bubble crashed. Your per capita levels are still below many Western countries. Nobody likes boastfulness and in your face propaganda.
China is a continent sized country of 1.4 billion that stands alone militarily and politically. It is not even close to its potential. Japan is a vassal state of the US and it was destroyed by the plaza accords.

World's largest scale of construction, China $75 billion water diversion project benefits hundreds of millions people
banner.jpg
Cy_ttmRXEAAjApU.jpg
Dcvmdi3W4AEZ52r.jpg
524be2ea-264f-4e7e-a4b2-4640763d783e_watermark.png

The Central water line replaces the need to draw Beijing non-replenisable aquifer. Beijing replenishable aquifer is about 1.6e9 cubic meter per year. Before Beijing was drawing about 2.4e9 cubic meter.

The Central water line is not yet on full capacity today. So Beijing can afford to draw more water if she expands.

1620963591298.png

1620963556469.png

It will just mean a faster doom for China. Look at the USA. They transfer billions of liters of water from the cold north to the Kalifornia desert party land. Most of the USA is rapidly running OUT of water. People are NOT the same. Some are creatures of the desert because they destroy water and life. Like the Arabs. Those kinds of people must live in a desert with little water. It is their fate.
speaking of Arabs...interesting how the Spanish/Portuguese/Germans killed most natives the New World but nobody killed off the nomadic desert wandering Arabs when those people were found to be wandering around over wealth others wanted.
羡慕嫉妒恨.jpg

You need to understand the hydrology of China and how much water from the Yangtze is wasted into the sea annually then you will understand. Do you think we are that stupid?

LOL per capita levels are still below mean there's a lots of room to grow.

And for that many contrives have been in Chinas position? Which one?
pies.jpg

China Used More Concrete In 3 Years Than The U.S. Used In The Entire 20th Century

China diverts over 50 billion cubic meters of water from south to north of country
2022-01-08 00:34:31

BEIJING, Jan. 7 (Xinhua) -- The middle and eastern routes of China's South-to-North Water Diversion Project have transferred over 50 billion cubic meters of water to the north of the country as of 11 p.m. Friday, official data shows.

The project has benefited 140 million people and optimized the economic development patterns of more than 40 large and medium-sized cities. It has changed the water supply pattern of northern China and improved the ecosystems of rivers and lakes in water-receiving areas, according to a Ministry of Water Resources official.

The middle route will provide safe water resources for the hosting of the 2022 Winter Olympics and Paralympics in Beijing, the company in charge of the project has said.

The South-to-North Water Diversion Project has three routes. The middle route, the most prominent of the three due to its role in feeding water to the nation's capital, begins at the Danjiangkou Reservoir in central China's Hubei Province and runs through Henan and Hebei before reaching Beijing and Tianjin. It began supplying water in December 2014.
The eastern route began operations in November 2013, transferring water from east China's Jiangsu Province to areas including Tianjin and Shandong.

The western route is in the planning stage and has yet to be built.

Back
Top Bottom