What's new

World's Largest Artillery Modernization Programme

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
World's Largest Artillery Modernization Programme

Senior officers responsible for the artillery modernisation programme of the Indian Armed Forces will be delivering presentations alongside international artillery commanders at Defence IQ's Future Artillery India conference, taking place 20th-22nd June 2011 at Le Méridien New Delhi, India.

As the country's Armed Forces embark upon an estimated US $8 billion upgrade programme, Indian Generals from the Directorate of Artillery, Indian Ministry of Defence and associated laboratories will provide detailed, high-level briefs on current capabilities and their specific plans for modernisation.

They will be joined by senior artillery commanders from around the world to discuss the latest advances in doctrine, strategy and operational feedback from the front line.

The expert speaker panel includes:

Lt General J.P. Singh, Deputy Chief of the Army Staff (Policy and Systems), Indian Army

Lt General Vinod Nayanar, Director General, Directorate of Artillery, Indian Army

Major General PK Chakravorty, VSM, Additional Director General Artillery, Integrated Headquarters of the Ministry of Defence, Indian Armed Forces

Shri S. Sundaresh, Chief Controller R&D (Armament and Combat Engineering), DRDO

Dr Anil Dattar, Director, Armament Research and Development Establishment, DRDO

Major General David Halverson, Commanding General of Fires Centre of Excellence, US Army

Major General Thierry Ollivier, Commander, Force Employment and Doctrine Centre, French Army

Brigadier General David Schuissa, Chief of Artillery Corps, Israeli Defence Force

"Future Artillery India will offer a unique opportunity to exchange views on technology, concept and employment of artillery with reputed serving officers, scientists and engineers from around the world. It will be the artillery event of the summer"

International Artillery Commanders to Discuss World's Largest Artillery Modernization Programme | India Defence

Finally.............
So who are the contenders for the tender?
Its just a discussion...
The new RFP was again issued at the beginning of this year with the aim to start this competition yet another time. A few days back IA asked DRDO to participate...

Its just a discussion...
The new RFP was again issued at the beginning of this year with the aim to start this competition yet another time. A few days back IA asked DRDO to participate...

Army intentionally blacklisted a number of companies like Denel and ST Kinetics. They don't have a problem with NTW-20 and but Bhim is not a worthy platform, no proper explanation other than it does not fit our requirements and of course Denel is offering kickbacks. Spike was rejected at first because it didn't cleared desert trials, strange when it worked perfectly on the lunar surface if that's the place Israel test it's weapons.

I like Gen V.K. Singh, I guess he too is helpless.

Spike was rejected at first because it didn't cleared desert trials, strange when it worked perfectly on the lunar surface if that's the place Israel test it's weapons.
Please share some source....as far as i know Spike is at-least better and cheaper than Javelin. We should have never even thought about Javelin. I think Javelin is just for appeasing US.

Army intentionally blacklisted a number of companies like Denel and ST Kinetics.
I remember the interview of ST Kinetic official, it was looking as if he might cry :)

Bhim is not a worthy platform
Look we have a requirement of only a couple hundred requirement for tracked self-propelled gun. Also i never heard about Bhim loosing the contest, actually i don't know who was best in this field. Please share with us some source.

Why not try to produce the artillery system with in joint venue?

^^^
Artillery is something that we can produce indigenously also...but i think JV would be a quick solution as our armed forces need this modernization quickly....So i think JV is better solution instead of producing altogether as it will save a lot of time.

I have lost hope with regards to artillery modernization. Sonia Gandhi and her puppet Anthony will tear this country's defense apart....:hitwall:

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom