What's new

World sees new super power.

Genocide has a very specific moral and legal meaning. Using the resources of the state to systemically exterminate a culture with a goal of total annihilation. Genocide isn't just killing a lot of people. America didn't have a policy of finding every last Indian and killing them, or even a general policy of killing Indians.

Of course that means Mao and Stalin didn't commit genocide, while Pol Pot and Hitler did. So much for the "genocide" of China :china:.

You simply spread lies in this one after another. Mr. liars.

Not only that, but Captain America is racist too. Look at what he posted:

Chinese people are really really rude. They don't care about others.

That was not being racist, Chinese people are rude, its a fact I have noticed it among Chinese in this country and many people have noticed it in China.

look at how it is on here, people usually Chinese calling people ignorant and stupid when they dont agree with them.

Typical behaviour from Captain America though. :rofl:

Not only that, but Captain America is racist too. Look at what he posted:

Typical behaviour from Captain America though. :rofl:

Take a look at these sites:

Culture shock in China | Rude, boorish behaviour | Shoving and ...
You will run smack into a culture shock when you first land in China. Let us help you with some tips to prepare yourself for the shock.
Culture shock in China | Rude, boorish behaviour | Shoving and spitting - Cached - SimilarWhy are Chinese people rude to everyone? - Yahoo! Answers
May 25, 2008 ... Before you jump to conclusions, no, I am not a racist. ... Thank you for pointing out, that not all of them are rude. It's true, some "cultures" ...
answers.yahoo.com › ... › Other - Society & Culture - Cached - Similar
Why do employees at Chinese buffets come off as rude?‎ - Feb 20, 2010
Rude lady at chinese restaurant?‎ - Dec 17, 2009
Why are french people so rude and impolite to chinese people ...‎ - Sep 27, 2009
Why are Chinese waiters/waitresses so rude?‎ - May 26, 2008

More results from answers.yahoo.com »
Get more discussion results
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Are Chinese people RUDE?
50 posts - 32 authors - Last post: Oct 27, 2006
I actually consider Chinese less rude than Americans. Maybe not on the road, but Chinese are a lot more conservative, less likely to walk ...
AsiaFinest: Connecting the World to Asian Culture! › ... › Asian Culture › Chinese Chat - Cached - Similar
Why are koreans rude? really‎ - 23 posts - Jan 22, 2007
Hong Kong: King of Rude‎ - 50 posts - Jun 21, 2006

More results from asiafinest.com »
Get more discussion results
Videos for chinese rude
chinese rude behavior - part 1
36 sec - Jan 5, 2008
Uploaded by YTmingzi
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Chinese Symbols for Rude
May 3, 2009
eHow | How To Do Just About Everything! | How To Videos & Articles

My Frustrating Love: What Is It Like To Live In China? ~ Photos ...
Something I think stuns most visitors is how rude Chinese people can be – staring at you, ignoring you if you ask for help (or just grunting “no” or ...
My Frustrating Love: What Is It Like To Live In China? ~ Photos And Story by Daniel Wallace - Cached - SimilarCBC News: Analysis & Viewpoint: Global View: China
Jun 29, 2006 ... They say that Chinese are rude," Sam says. "The Chinese are not only rude abroad but are also rude in China. People are very aggressive ...
CBC News: Analysis & Viewpoint: Global View: China

Every Chinese and even asian I have ever met was polite.

I don't understand how you can call them rude unless you think loud is rude. Cantonese is pretty loud to English speakers but so is German. Besides, tone of voice changes meaning in Chinese so I always thought the loudness was part of the language (much harder to tell tone of voice if you're quiet!) :toast_sign:

Every Chinese and even asian I have ever met was polite.

I don't understand how you can call them rude unless you think loud is rude. Cantonese is pretty loud to English speakers but so is German. Besides, tone of voice changes meaning in Chinese so I always thought the loudness was part of the language (much harder to tell tone of voice if you're quiet!) :toast_sign:

Thank you very much. :cheers:

Captain America just enjoys stereotyping people according to their race, and trolling every thread he can find. He is an old man with a lot of spare time, so he trolls these forums with his racist attitude.

Genocide has a very specific moral and legal meaning. Using the resources of the state to systemically exterminate a culture with a goal of total annihilation. Genocide isn't just killing a lot of people. America didn't have a policy of finding every last Indian and killing them, or even a general policy of killing Indians.

Of course that means Mao and Stalin didn't commit genocide, while Pol Pot and Hitler did. So much for the "genocide" of China :china:.

The government PAID people to kill Indians, also no effort was made by the government to stop people from killing indians.

That sounds like genocide to me, not to mention purposely infecting and poisoning Indians, starting wars of aggression to kill as many indians as possible.

Scalping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

During "Dummer's War" (c. 1721–1725), British colonial authorities offered £100 per Indian scalp – which adjusted for inflation would be about US $20,000 (£14,000) in present-day money

Other examples of the payment for scalps are those issued by the government of Massachusetts in 1744 for the scalps of Indian men, women, and children; Governor Edward Cornwallis' proclamation of 1749 to settlers of Halifax of payment for Indian scalps;

In Canada, a 1756 British proclamation issued by Governor Charles Lawrence offering a reward for scalps has yet to be officially repealed, although it is not in effect anymore

The government PAID people to kill Indians, also no effort was made by the government to stop people from killing indians.

That sounds like genocide to me, not to mention purposely infecting and poisoning Indians, starting wars of aggression to kill as many indians as possible.

During "Dummer's War" (c. 1721–1725), British colonial authorities offered £100 per Indian scalp – which adjusted for inflation would be about US $20,000 (£14,000) in present-day money

Other examples of the payment for scalps are those issued by the government of Massachusetts in 1744 for the scalps of Indian men, women, and children; Governor Edward Cornwallis' proclamation of 1749 to settlers of Halifax of payment for Indian scalps;

In Canada, a 1756 British proclamation issued by Governor Charles Lawrence offering a reward for scalps has yet to be officially repealed, although it is not in effect anymore

I am not British.

Indian and British became friends within Independance War of America and after that.For that reason American killed many many Indians.

I am not British.

No, you're not British, but the extermination of the native Indians gained new momentum after the British citizens became Americans in 1776. Matter of fact, grabbing Indian lands and exterminating as many natives as possible and putting the rest in 'reservations' became America's national policy. America did not annihilate every single native Indian simply because at that time it did possess the necessary resources or the technology to do it. Had it been the possessor of nukes at that time, surely it would have used them on the native Indians. So much for human rights from the descendants of those who literally decimated an entire race.

The definition of genocide involves more than just paying one group to kill another group, or else all soldiers who are paid are committing genocide on their enemies. As grotesque as paying for scalps is, it is not genocide. First, the manpower of the state must be used to commit genocide. The state military, the state justice system and state industry. Paying private individuals to return scalps is not directly using the US military or US government.

The reason for distinction between state and other types of killing is the state is generally assumed to be far more efficient and effective at killing. If you count the numbers of Jews killed and divide it by the amount of time, you will see why the Nazis are reviled as the supreme killers of all time. Second, the American goal against the Indians was economic. As disgusting as killing others for land and resources is, genocide is a step above that because it involves extermination of an entire culture simply because that culture exists.

Finally I have never heard a Native American speak of what was done to their people as genocide. Your attempt to cast the British as genocidal is utterly wrong; without the help of the native Indian population Canada could never have defended itself against the Americans in the War of 1812. In fact the main American greviance against the British was that they were funding native groups to raid border settlements. The British were not genocidal, not by a long shot.

I realize it is trendy to relabel mass killings and mass murders genocide. But speak to a Jew or a Cambodian or Rwandan and you will understand why it is utterly stupid to call events genocide just because of temporary insanity or temporary decrees. If the British or Americans were truly genocidal they could have killed every Indian and there wouldn't be treaties hundreds of years old with native tribes nor native reservations.

By the way your attempt to use smallpox as genocide is laughable. Smallpox infected European populations as well. Eventually it was the British and Americans who innoculated the Native Americans from smallpox so whatever moral debt was owed has been long paid. But most importantly there was no deliberate attempt to infect natives with smallpox and when defining genocide intent matters or you might as well call every disease outbreak from the Black Death to SARS genocide.

No, you're not British, but the extermination of the native Indians gained new momentum after the British citizens became Americans in 1776. Matter of fact, grabbing Indian lands and exterminating as many natives as possible and putting the rest in 'reservations' became America's national policy. America did not annihilate every single native Indian simply because at that time it did possess the necessary resources or the technology to do it. Had it been the possessor of nukes at that time, surely it would have used them on the native Indians. So much for human rights from the descendants of those who literally decimated an entire race.

You realize that one theory is that Homo Sapiens committed genocide against Neanderthal and all they had were stone axes? If America truly wanted to kill every Indian they could have done it to the last woman, man and child.

Quite disgusting that you blame descendants centuries removed.

If you corelate speaking out loudly to being rude, I just had such experience last week at the Hong Kong International Airport. A bunch of 5 to 6 people talked so loud that they were really annoying others.

A bunch of 5 to 6 American ascent speaking young men, that is, not necessary American by judging from their ascent alone, but they are definitely white.

Back
Top Bottom