What's new

Working on giving India access to Defence technology: US

When we are a nuclear power with sufficient deterrence Against Pak and China, why do we need cutting edge Conventional weapon? Wasnt Nuclear Deterrence supposed to be sufficient to prevent war ? It is surprising that South Asia continues to be an area with highest arms race.

India is a deterrent nuclear force, let there be no doubts about it.

Having said that, we need to fine tune our technology and systems.

For example our National Missile defence system can be fine tuned to destroy rougue missiles before entering the Indian air space. Many more... :)

Man....the Russians know your budget....they are not interested........:)

Hey, even a billion dollars is a good deal, plus it guarantees long term investment and profits, because Pakistan would have to buy the spare parts and complementary systems from somewhere, right? No nation sells military products without some assurance that it will have long term profits from a deal.

Besides, 10 billion dollars isn't a small budget, and Russia sells to nations that have even smaller budgets. Not to mention that Pakistan and Russia have recently begun talks on defence cooperation, so of course they're interested.

I know your pride as an Indian won't let you admit this, but Russia is moving away from India, and towards Pakistan.

Good, I say India should by all it's weapons from the US. Keep pushing Russia towards Pakistan, we love you for it! ♥♥♥

Russians are not like americans they won't feed you free as america did

Hey, even a billion dollars is a good deal, plus it guarantees long term investment and profits, because Pakistan would have to buy the spare parts and complementary systems from somewhere, right? No nation sells military products without some assurance that it will have long term profits from a deal.

Besides, 10 billion dollars isn't a small budget, and Russia sells to nations that have even smaller budgets. Not to mention that Pakistan and Russia have recently begun talks on defence cooperation, so of course they're interested.

I know your pride as an Indian won't let you admit this, but Russia is moving away from India, and towards Pakistan.

:lol: In isolation, maybe a billion dollars is something worth looking at but the Indian deals with Russia are in the 10's of billions. The FGFA alone is worth nearly $30 billion. Forget my pride, use common sense. The Russians certainly will.

We dont need anti tank weapons against terrorists. That needs a different armory.

If Tanks are being used against us at the border then it is nothing if not a conventional war - one which the nuclear weapons were designed to prevent.

You need to see whats happening in Syria to understand what the terrorists today are capable of...besides we need to be prepared for any eventuality. One more thing defense industry is big business and western platforms are the best, will do wonders for our local production.

:lol: In isolation, maybe a billion dollars is something worth looking at but the Indian deals with Russia are in the 10's of billions. The FGFA alone is worth nearly $30 billion. Forget my pride, use common sense. The Russians certainly will.

The fighter deal with Russia may be worth tens of billions, but do you honestly think that the Russians are happy that India is cozying up to the US? Why do you think that Russia has been building up good defense relations with Pakistan in recent years? Do you honestly think that short term gains are better than long term investments? You also seem to be ignoring geopolitical aspects of the region. It's not a simple black and white situation, and like you suggested, the Russians are using common sense. They see India moving away from Russia, even if the fighter deal is worth a lot of money. They see India as moving closer to the US and consider it a betrayal, even if they don't see it out loud.

So yes, I completely and wholeheartedly agree with you, use your common sense.

Russians are not like americans they won't feed you free as america did

First of all, newbie, America doesn't feed anyone freely. This whole idea that the US has been doing charity to Pakistan is not only a myth, but it's the complete opposite of what has happened and is happening.

You keep dealing with the US, you'll eventually realize that the way they operate is worse than a loan shark. They don't just break your knees, you destroy your reputation and only use you when they need you. I'm actually genuinely afraid for India, because I fear that they're falling into the same trap Pakistan did, and haven't learnt a single lesson from Pakistan's mistakes.

The fighter deal with Russia may be worth tens of billions, but do you honestly think that the Russians are happy that India is cozying up to the US? Why do you think that Russia has been building up good defense relations with Pakistan in recent years? Do you honestly think that short term gains are better than long term investments? Finally, you also seem to be ignoring geopolitical aspects of the region.

So yes, I completely and wholeheartedly agree with you, use your common sense.

First of all, newbie, America doesn't feed anyone freely. This whole idea that the US has been doing charity to Pakistan is not only a myth, but it's the complete opposite of what has happened and is happening.

You keep dealing with the US, you'll eventually realize that the way they operate is worse than a loan shark. They don't just break your knees, you destroy your reputation and only use you when they need you. I'm actually genuinely afraid for India, because I fear that they're falling into the same trap Pakistan did, and haven't learnt a single lesson from Pakistan's mistakes.

Firstly newbie ask ur mod who am i
secondly
we r not like pakistan man listen u took charity u can't deny tht we bought stuff,
u allowed usa forces we didnt
u were nd are treated as a puppet we were never and will never be
u were used as rakhel to have a look and show presence in asia to counter russia and china
Still Usa feeds u ,not us
we dnt take stuff for free nd then allow our country to have a honeymoon with USA
so stop trollin kid

@That Guy, the reality is Russia will only supply weapons to Pakistan if there is a major fallout between India and Russia - which will not happen bcoz everytime our interests coincide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly newbie ask ur mod who am i
secondly
we r not like pakistan man listen u took charity u can't deny tht we bought stuff,
u allowed usa forces we didnt
u were nd are treated as a puppet we were never and will never be
u were used as rakhel to have a look and show presence in asia to counter russia and china
Still Usa feeds u ,not us
we dnt take stuff for free nd then allow our country to have a honeymoon with USA
so stop trollin kid

There are a lot of mods, which one should I ask about you?

Second of all, you're talking a lot of nonsense. Nothing you've said has any fact in it. All you're doing is posting common anti-Pakistan propaganda, nothing more. Everything you've mentioned has already been debunked on the forums.

Here is a quick debunking example of the US "charity" that Indians like you claim we receive;

I'm just glad that many Indians on here aren't as naive as you.

@That Guy, the reality is Russia will only supply weapons to Pakistan if there is a major fallout between India and Russia - which will not happen bcoz everytime our interests coincide.

Oh I agree with you, but I'm not talking about weapons supplies. Defense ties aren't solely based on weapons sales and the arms market, there are other things that both can do. Pakistan isn't interested in Russian arms, as it's too used to Western and Chinese technology. It's interested in Russian expertise, and that is something which is even more valuable, but still is in the unspoken framework of Russian-Indian relationship.

Oh I agree with you, but I'm not talking about weapons supplies. Defense ties aren't solely based on weapons sales and the arms market, there are other things that both can do. Pakistan isn't interested in Russian arms, as it's too used to Western and Chinese technology. It's interested in Russian expertise, and that is something which is even more valuable, but still is in the unspoken framework of Russian-Indian relationship.

Makes sense, there have been some army to army contacts that have been gingerly pushed by china...and there is a certain drifting away on our side as well...but nothing alarming atm.

@That Guy

you guys are already buying Russian equipment for decades now..even before India bought anything from USA..so,you can keep doing it.but the fact is that Pakistan govt has very little money to induct new platforms,so they want to spend it calculated way.Russia generally sells high end weapons only to the allies and its pretty much costly,may be not as costly as American or french one,but its quite costly over Chinese one.plus,Russians don't deal in "soft loan"..hard cash is what matters..and you've no idea about Indo-Russia defence relation.loosing some defence deals don't push Russians to Pakistan,as Pakistan has very little to offer.

@That Guy

you guys are already buying Russian equipment for decades now..even before India bought anything from USA..so,you can keep doing it.but the fact is that Pakistan govt has very little money to induct new platforms,so they want to spend it calculated way.Russia generally sells high end weapons only to the allies and its pretty much costly,may be not as costly as American or french one,but its quite costly over Chinese one.plus,Russians don't deal in "soft loan"..hard cash is what matters..and you've no idea about Indo-Russia defence relation.loosing some defence deals don't push Russians to Pakistan,as Pakistan has very little to offer.

I think my reply to @acid rain pretty much sums it up

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...ss-defence-technology-us-2.html#ixzz2f8IqjrZ0

Good, I say India should by all it's weapons from the US. Keep pushing Russia towards Pakistan, we love you for it! ♥♥♥

well not possible for atleast next 3 decades. We are gonna buy and co-develop weapons with Russia worth more than $50 Billion in next 2 decades including current developments and purchase of FGFA, MRTA, Akula,Brahmos,T-90 tanks,Mi-17s, Su-30MKIs, Mig-29Ks, Mig-29s upgradations. While apart from defence co-operations, we have other co-operations with russia worth Billions of dollars in other sectors eg- recently russia got orders of 4 1000MW reactors and many more.

There are a lot of mods, which one should I ask about you?

Second of all, you're talking a lot of nonsense. Nothing you've said has any fact in it. All you're doing is posting common anti-Pakistan propaganda, nothing more. Everything you've mentioned has already been debunked on the forums.

Here is a quick debunking example of the US "charity" that Indians like you claim we receive;

[video=facebook;10151848189949276]

I'm just glad that many Indians on here aren't as naive as you.

ib dnt belive this hypocrite
who claimed kargil was not a pakistani plan
nd 10-12 year later we see the unturned side of book
sarcasm.
just look at figures
military civil
2002 1.36 1.233 for 2002 to 2004
2003 1.500 1.233 for 2002 to 2004
2004 1.200 1.233 for 2002 to 2004
2005 1.313 .338
2006 1.260 .539
2007 1.115 .567