What's new

Work on Rs. 800 crore terminal at Cochin Airport to begin

New terminal Design, Cochin Airport

CIAL_1300815f.jpg

20618_383239915094186_636438242_n.png

14569_383239795094198_1083192482_n.png

481886_383239775094200_1594768403_n.png

Looks great! Good to see that it will keep its front architecture.

Kerala's access to health and education are comparable to the best in the world. Only the Nordic countries have comparable levels of those social indicators. No child goes unschooled in Kerala. Your concerns are misplaced.

seem to know quite a lot about my home state :-)

That much is quite wll known about Kerala, and has been for a long time.

As a keralite, I find hardly anything to like about for my Home state, and neither it's people.

:)

I have heard that the new terminal will be capable to handle this baby here? Can anyone confirm?

Emirates_A380_2.JPG

Read my previous posts ..I just said that I pray that it indeed does not turn out to be white elephant ...

I am updating my GK about Kerala ... but Kannur is not Mumbai , Delhi , Kolkata ,Hyderabad , Bangalore , Chennai or even Cochin.

I hope you will agree with me ...

Kannur, is no metro for sure - but the region i.e Malabar being a hotspot of international travel justifies the new airport. 800 crore well spent?? -- there would have been finacial feasibility studies conducted before it was approved. Rest, time decides. :)

Anddd - Please do not bring "poverty" and "illeteracy" into this thread, when we have hurndreds of crores being spent on "projects" making no sense. And do remember this thread when you go hooha on "India Developing...." thread next time around.

Read my previous posts ..I just said that I pray that it indeed does not turn out to be white elephant ...

I am updating my GK about Kerala ... but Kannur is not Mumbai , Delhi , Kolkata ,Hyderabad , Bangalore , Chennai or even Cochin.

Mumbai , Delhi , Kolkata ,Hyderabad , Bangalore , Chennai and even Cochin already have International airports. and it is time for smaller cities.

And believe me,it will not be a white elephant.

very good yet again major infrastructure project from congress upa

You know that this is a private project dont you?
CIAL is a private airport.
Not really, it was built on a public-private-partnership model. The govt of Kerala is the largest stakeholder. From wiki -

Cochin airport is the first in India to be built in a public–private partnership and is owned by a public limited company called Cochin International Airport Limited, better known as CIAL, floated by the government of Kerala in 1994. The government of Kerala holds 33.36% stake, making it the single largest investor in the project.[25] Indian government companies like Air India, BPCL, AAI hold 8.74% stake, while foreign companies like Abu Dhabi based Emke Group, the Oman based Galfar Group, UAE based Majeed Bukatara Trading holds 5.42% stake. Indian companies hold 8.57% stake, while scheduled commercial banks like Federal Bank, SBT and Canara Bank holds 5.91%.[26] The remaining 38.03% stake is held by more than 10,000 personal investors from 29 countries, mostly non-resident Indians.[27]

The company has decided to go for public offering and giving 10 million shares to HUDCO as part of debt settlement, which would lead HUDCO having 3.37% stake in the company and reduction of stake of other holders.[26]

Not really, it was built on a public-private-partnership model. The govt of Kerala is the largest stakeholder. From wiki -
Thanks for the info. 33% is larger than I thought

Back
Top Bottom