What's new

Work on INDIA's BULLET TRAIN is underway in Full Swing

Congratulations!
Any news about the chennai to Delhi route? Did I get the cities right?

Longer routes will take time.Current route being built is 505 km.Delhi-Chennai is 2200 km.

how this Ahmedabad-Mumbai maglev feasible... freight corridor for goods.. so please don't compare these two..
It's not Meglev buddy, that's still nascent stage. We are initially focusing on semi high speed, median HSR. Rest will come later.

Let me guess you're from Gujarat?? There is a stereotype for a reason. Gujaratis are least likely to pay. North Indians are heavy spenders, South Indians will spend if they think it's worth it, but Gujaratis will never.
Racism is not acceptable. Hope you will understand and delete your post, I will delete mine too.

businessmen and Industrialist does... you cannot increase frequency of these maglev due to limited no of passengers.. but Mumbai delhi section always on demand..

feasibility subjected to frequency of these cars between two destination wrt occupancy ratio.... i have lil knowledge over super conductivity- maglev ...
I live in western Mumbai and see daily top of the line trains coming and going to Gujarat fully packed. Reason might be good bad, what matters is that people are taking railways as prime source of transportation. That's not the case in southern and eastern India being hilly terrain.

I wont call it criminal as it is a soft loan which will be payed back over a time period of 50 years or so.

That said I agree HSR like this does not make sense in India at least right now. Better idea will be to build low cost airports in plenty and increase air connectivity for passenger transport.

HSR is more suited for Pakistan actually, because of their geography.

I wonder if there is any research in electric planes?

Also, we need to add more railway lines on our existing routes. Route congestion is one of the reasons which slow our train transit. Politicians add more trains but not more tracks.
Not true claim for present government till now. Their infrastructure development is far more speedier than previous ones. However due to present congestion it doesn't gets caught. In my opinion HSR is the future, air travel is not only costly and needs a lot of financial support but also it's a security nightmare, you will know if you are inside the system.

Last edited:
I was hoping for Elon Musk's hyperloop - but I think that was between Bombay and Pune.
Currently even major chunks of South Bombay have been dug for the Metro project.
But nice to know that I can get to a dry state in 2 hours. But in all honesty, it is a bit of a vanity project - but if it builds skillsets and is extended eventually to the full country, it is all worth it. Bombay-Ahmedabad is a busy corridor - if it stops a lot of cars and reduces the carbon footprint, it is a good thing.

Just check who travels in shatabdi and in other higher classes. I think Gujaratis beat rest of all put to gather.
And mind you, When Bullet train project was conceived in the time of Man mohan, A'bad to Bombay route was on the top of routes considered for the project. so it is not modi.
That's again is racism against rest of Indians without proper backing of data. Hopefully you will also correct your posts.

In my opinion the three most absurd projects of Modi government are 1. Bullet Train, 2. Patel Statue and 3. Shivaji Statue.
In my opinion most absurd decisions taken by present government was to take ultra religious people in government and making them minister, which was done previous government also, so I think he followed them in footsteps rather than creating a long lasting legacy of keeping religious nutjobs away from ministerial posts. But as I wasn't able to vote and neither I voted for his party, so that is not my right to criticize his government.

That's off topic as well.

In my opinion most absurd decisions taken by present government was to take ultra religious people in government and making them minister, which was done previous government also, so I think he followed them in footsteps rather than creating a long lasting legacy of keeping religious nutjobs away from ministerial posts. But as I wasn't able to vote and neither I voted for his party, so that is not my right to criticize his government.

That's off topic as well.
No Sir, I disagree with you. Any citizen can be in the government regardless of his personal belief or intensity of his belief. But whosoever occupies the positions in the government must uphold the constitution and work for the general welfare. I was expecting the present government to have more economic wisdom than the previous government.

It's not Meglev buddy, that's still nascent stage. We are initially focusing on semi high speed, median HSR. Rest will come later.

Racism is not acceptable. Hope you will understand and delete your post, I will delete mine too.

I live in western Mumbai and see daily top of the line trains coming and going to Gujarat fully packed. Reason might be good bad, what matters is that people are taking railways as prime source of transportation. That's not the case in southern and eastern India being hilly terrain.

every train run with full capacity but the frequency.... Passangers between Mumbai delhi is huge compared to the Ahmedabad-Mumbai... there is no comparison... if land acquisition is problem .. then how can we build road with 6 and 8 line express ways.. you need statistics...

tell me one thing.. What Swach bharat supposed to do with currency... i accept swach bharat initiative is good.. if govt start using currency bills to print their projects... then we should start calling it pamphlet... we should keep our currency as currency..

No Sir, I disagree with you. Any citizen can be in the government regardless of his personal belief or intensity of his belief. But whosoever occupies the positions in the government must uphold the constitution and work for the general welfare. I was expecting the present government to have more economic wisdom than the previous government.
I believe they are more vocal and no shyness in getting things done when everything is working against you. That's what I like about them. In some words you can say daring. No fear of getting proved wrong, thus able to take calculated risk based decisions.

every train run with full capacity but the frequency.... Passangers between Mumbai delhi is huge compared to the Ahmedabad-Mumbai... there is no comparison... if land acquisition is problem .. then how can we build road with 6 and 8 line express ways.. you need statistics...

tell me one thing.. What Swach bharat supposed to do with currency... i accept swach bharat initiative is good.. if govt start using currency bills to print their projects... then we should start calling it pamphlet... we should keep our currency as currency..
No buddy, my father travels to far reaches of India on daily basis serving the countrymen and Can judge when we faced lot of people or low occupancy just by talking with him. Passengers between both cities are huge, true that's why we have planned for HSR in stage wise. Mumbai to Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad to Jaipur and Jaipur to Delhi. We don't have the engineering means to achieve this in short span, thus completing in stages.

Didn't understood your last point mate including justification. Can you pls explain the same again? Thank you.

I believe they are more vocal and no shyness in getting things done when everything is working against you. That's what I like about them. In some words you can say daring. No fear of getting proved wrong, thus able to take calculated risk based decisions.

No buddy, my father travels to far reaches of India on daily basis serving the countrymen and Can judge when we faced lot of people or low occupancy just by talking with him. Passengers between both cities are huge, true that's why we have planned for HSR in stage wise. Mumbai to Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad to Jaipur and Jaipur to Delhi. We don't have the engineering means to achieve this in short span, thus completing in stages.

Didn't understood your last point mate including justification. Can you pls explain the same again? Thank you.

simply govts should not print their projects on currency... I travel across country due to business related issue... what i believe is both Mumbai Delhi holds more number of passanger than A-M. you come up with statistics.. that can beat M-D passanger count.. like @Śakra provided you. .. am not favouring Hyderabad or Chennai but Delhi...

http://www.indiatvnews.com/news/ind...et-train-project-running-at-full-swing-369562

India’s first undersea bullet train project running at full swing

“Soil and rocks below the 70-metre-deep sea are being tested as part of the geo-technical and geo-physical investigation undertaken for the entire project," said a senior Railway Ministry official, adding "the test will also cover the 21-km-long underground tunnel between Thane and Virar."

and troll entered... as ifvhe knows our work background..

simply govts should not print their projects on currency... I travel across country due to business related issue... what i believe is both Mumbai Delhi holds more number of passanger than A-M. you come up with statistics.. that can beat M-D passanger count.. like @Śakra provided you. .. am not favouring Hyderabad or Chennai but Delhi...
Feasibility study exactly takes care of that in financial viability study. I will try find something. And again saying Delhi to Mumbai can't be built in one go no matter how much money one throws in. It's always beneficial that way. One can take example of all previous HSR operating countries. Even our conventional railroad was not built in one go between major cities.

Can you bunch of idiots stop pretending to be experts and let the real experts do their job ?

The project was sanctioned after conducting Feasibility studies and techno-economic investigations & preparatio of detailed project reports.

You think people are fools to sanction projects worth Billions of $ and then fund it just based on Modi's Whim ? :lol:
@Zaki @waz pls take care of offensive posts.

Back
Top Bottom