What's new

Woman reunited with Sikh brothers at Kartarpur after 75 years

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1652901802170.png

• Woman separated from family at infancy in 1947 adopted by Muslim couple.
  • Her son searches and finds real family through social media.
  • Bibi meets real brothers after 75 years.
A woman who was separated from her family in 1947 during partition between India and Pakistan met her Sikh brothers after decades at Kartarpur border, daily Dawn reported.

Amidst the violence during the partition and migration, Mumtaz Bibi was an infant who laid on her mother's corpse.

A man named Muhammad Iqbal and his wife, Allah Rakhi adopted the little Mumtaz Bibi. Iqbal settled in the village of Varika Tian in Sheikhupura district, Punjab province.

Bibi was not informed that she was not the couple's real daughter. But as Iqbal's health collapsed, he told Bibi that her real family was Sikh.

When Iqbal passed away, Bibi and her son set out on the mission to find her real family using the power of social media.

The only information they had was the name of Bibi's father and the village in which they had settled after being forced to leave their actual homes.

When they finally found each other, her brothers Sardar Gurumeet Singh, Sardar Narendra Singh, and Sardar Amrinder Singh reached Gurdwara Darbar Sahib at Kartarpur.

Bibi was able to meet her family after 75 years.

What an absolute tragedy the partition was, but humans never seem to get tired of human suffering. Hope they can find some solace in the meeting.

I also have a family member (a great, great uncle), missing from the partition days who is still unaccounted for. His chances of being alive are slim though since he was serving guard duty near the back of the family convoy when it was attacked.

Peace and prayers for the dead and affected on both sides.

Partition should have had been delayed for few years until tensions on both side cooled down and we could have had a peaceful and orderly exchange of population

What an absolute tragedy the partition was, but humans never seem to get tired of human suffering. Hope they can find some solace in the meeting.

I also have a family member (a great, great uncle), missing from the partition days who is still unaccounted for. His chances of being alive are slim though since he was serving guard duty near the back of the family convoy when it was attacked.

Peace and prayers for the dead and affected on both sides.
Personally I am grateful for partition.

As for the partition riots, well that was unfortunate.

But to kill innocent people, that was wrong.

My ammi told me in the trains from India to Pakistan, Hindus and Sikhs would kill Muslims in the trains with swords.

But personally I couldn't care less about Sikhs.

Jinnah gave the Sikhs an offer for united Punjab. The Sikhs sided with the Hindus.

The Sikhs showed their true colours during partition.

My ammi told me in the trains from India to Pakistan, Hindus and Sikhs would kill Muslims in the trains with swords.
somethings never change, do they :coffee:
only now they kill you while calling themselves victims at the same time

mofos

My family (or blood-line) has been fighting Nagriks for nearly 1000 years. Partition was just another episode of such struggle.

Only time in history where the perpetrator of genocide are admired and looked up to by the descendants of their victims...indeed what a profound tragedy...

As per the details in this story-

-> Baby found on mother's corpse. Mohd. Iqbal and Allah Rakhi "adopted" her.
-> Mohd. Iqbal and Allah Rakhi knew who the real parents of the baby were (the father) and where they had settled in India.
-> Mohd. Iqbal and Allah Rakhi did not bother informing or finding the baby's real family all these years.
-> Mohd. Iqbal and Allah Rakhi did not even bother to tell the baby she was adopted, or she wasn't their daughter until 2 years ago when Mohd. Iqbal was on his death bed.

I am sorry, it sounds a classic case of child kidnapping.
Mohd. Iqbal and Allah Rakhi may have loved the child but the daughter was not theirs and they robbed the baby of her biological parents intentionally.

Addendum: I am sure Mohd. Iqbal and Allah Rakhi got a place in jannat for converting a kaffir child.

But personally I couldn't care less about Sikhs.

Jinnah gave the Sikhs an offer for united Punjab. The Sikhs sided with the Hindus.

The Sikhs showed their true colours during partition.

Just because I mentioned losses during partition doesn't mean I am not grateful for partition. Partition became inevitable when Congress rejected the Cabinet plan, I was just referring to the tragic loss of life that could have been minimized if the administration had taken strict action against those causing them.

Just because I mentioned losses during partition doesn't mean I am not grateful for partition. Partition became inevitable when Congress rejected the Cabinet plan, I was just referring to the tragic loss of life that could have been minimized if the administration had taken strict action against those causing them.
Personally partition was managed poorly.

Those Hindus and Sikhs who killed innocent people, they will have to answer to Allah in the afterlife.

Same goes for those stupid Muslims who killed innocents during partition of Punjab,

Those stupid Muslims would also have to answer to Allah for killing innocents.

But I am grateful for partition.

The Narrative was and still is we would have been a minority in our own lands.

Mr. Jinnah was right all along.
1653337008831.png

Mr. Jinnah was hard-working, a man of character, well educated.

Things that the new generation has forgotten.

lol, even Zakir Naik made hijrah from India to Malaysia.

lol, so much for partition not being right.

Oh well, that is just Zakir Naik's opinion.

Probably after moving to Malaysia, he has revised his opinions, though.

-> Mohd. Iqbal and Allah Rakhi knew who the real parents of the baby were (the father) and where they had settled in India.
-> Mohd. Iqbal and Allah Rakhi did not bother informing or finding the baby's real family all these years.
-> Mohd. Iqbal and Allah Rakhi did not even bother to tell the baby she was adopted, or she wasn't their daughter until 2 years ago when Mohd. Iqbal was on his death bed.

Mohd. Iqbal and Allah Rakhi may have loved the child but the daughter was not theirs and they robbed the baby of her biological parents intentionally.

Addendum: I am sure Mohd. Iqbal and Allah Rakhi got a place in jannat for converting a kaffir child.
it's a shame your ancestors weren't chopped up on a train. The rest of the world has to live with the mistakes of their breeding.

Your Dad should have worn protection that fateful day

it's a shame your ancestors weren't chopped up on a train. The rest of the world has to live with the mistakes of their breeding.
If wishes were horses, mard-e-momins would fly

Back
Top Bottom