What's new

Woman dies of COVID-19 , Relatives attack hospital

Apparently, many people who are well and healthy (not tested +ve) are put on ventilators and somehow they die a couple days later.

Heard many similar stories. Doctors even declaring people as Covid +ve without even taking the test.

For someone who hasn't been tested +ve and is healthy with no breathing difficulty or fever, him getting killed within a couple days in a hospital is suspicious to say the least.

Even heard a story where a man who died of sugar and blood pressure and wasn't tested for Covid, his death was declared by the doctors as covid related and reported as such.

Apparently, they are fulfilling some quota of covid related deaths so that Pakistan gets loans from IMF and such.

Doctors can make up anything in Pakistan.

Not long ago, a scandal of a senior surgeon came to light who put stents in healthy people after declaring that they are heart patients in immediate need of surgery. He had done hundreds of such surgeries ruining the lives of many healthy people before he was busted by FIA.

We Pakistanis can trust no one. Not the doctors and not the government.
Sad...same is the situation in india...we are one of the most morally corrupt people on this earth...

An isolated incident cannot be used to issue sweeping statements. Doctors are well educated and equipped to diagnose better than laymen.
These incidents are more commonly reported now days, I personally don't trust most docters as they conclude things too early without any proper examination , relating one symptom with other knowing least about the medical history of patient. Quality of drug is questionable and type of treatment they suggest is mostly based on experimentations or speculations. Corona can be treated at home with proper isolation with pro immunity diet and don't need to push hard the patient with different form of dosages. 15 days of isolation are enough in most cases.

Declaring someone to be covid+ve without taking covid test is a very serious thing. Denying the seriousness of it is criminal. A woman who was tested -ve was also forcibly put on ventilator, she died soon afterwards despite being healthy; denying its seriousness and blaming the victims is also criminal.

And the isloated incident of stents isn't that isloated as hundreds of patients possibly thousands have their lives ruined because doctor sahebaan happened to be too greedy.

Declaring someone to be covid+ve without taking covid test is a very serious thing. Denying the seriousness of it is criminal. A woman who was tested -ve was also forcibly put on ventilator, she died soon afterwards despite being healthy; denying its seriousness and blaming the victims is also criminal.

And the isloated incident of stents isn't that isloated as hundreds of patients possibly thousands have their lives ruined because doctor sahebaan happened to be too greedy.
Do you doctors in your family and or friends?
Doctors do not put random people on ventilators and even if you put a healthy person on a ventilator, she/he doesnt expire at all. This is some pseudo science that people are dying because they are being put on ventilators.

Here in AP no relative is allowed near covid hospital in anticipation of such events. No one knows who will survive covid
Correct policy.

I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about.

These incidents are more commonly reported now days, I personally don't trust most docters as they conclude things too early without any proper examination , relating one symptom with other knowing least about the medical history of patient. Quality of drug is questionable and type of treatment they suggest is mostly based on experimentations or speculations. Corona can be treated at home with proper isolation with pro immunity diet and don't need to push hard the patient with different form of dosages. 15 days of isolation are enough in most cases.
Like i already said, people who dont trust doctors should not go to hospitals and try whatever herbs or shrubs they want to use. It would ease the pressure on doctors who have to treat patients and face the wrath of stupid people afterwards.

internet is full of such posts doctors killed our relatives . this jahil awam why go hospitals then ? everyday thousands of people die and most of them in hospitals . but our public have own level of ignorance

This is why democracy is doomed in Pakistan.

We allow jahil awam like this to elect our leaders and then wonder why Pakistan is doomed.

Do you doctors in your family and or friends?
Doctors do not put random people on ventilators and even if you put a healthy person on a ventilator, she/he doesnt expire at all. This is some pseudo science that people are dying because they are being put on ventilators.
You are having a difficulty in comprehending what I said. Go and ask the victims.

I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about.
Ever stepped foot on Pakistani soil? If not then shut you don't know a thing about the level of corruption here.

As an example of doctors ruining lives, I already posted the stent man news. You are free to believe that everything is honky dory.

Last edited:
Ever stepped foot on Pakistani soil? If not then shut your trap coz you don't know a thing about the level of corruption here.
I have fyi and I am well aware of the corruption in all walks of life. That is a red herring in this case though.

Patients can be diagnosed with Covid on the weight of overall clinical or radiological evidence, even without lab confirmation. Do you honestly believe every single patient with symptoms is tested? That isn't even possible in the hardest hit countries and Pakistan is one of the hardest hit in terms of infection number (death rate is relatively low).

The anger that families have is understandable but completely misdirected. The medics have done the best that they can. Many of them are dying to this disease also.

Unless there is hard evidence that this particular patient was treated unfairly, badly or against reasonable protocols, I don't understand why anyone should tolerate this family's "we're special" attitude and obvious aggression towards health care staff.

No Doctor would put someone on Vent with out the symptoms of Respiratory Distress if a someone with Negative Test is put on Vent its due to Respiratory distress it doesn't take a Rocket scientist to understand this simple fact.

Plus people here dont know about Diagnostic Testing No test is 100 % Sensitive. Most Covid Antibody Tests used these days have sensitivity of 40-60 meaning more than Half the time result will be false Negative the person will have infection but it wont show on test so Multiple tests are Required to confirm Diagnosis which in most cases is not possible due to shortage of testing kits. PCR tests are more accurate but require too much time so cant be used in emergency setting.

And i saw someone mentioning about Doctors not giving time to patients and not examining them properly they seem to oblivious of the fact our Government hospitals and Semi-Government Hospitals are Flooded with Patients and in OPD one doctor has to see more than a Hundred patients every Day. In west Docs give 15-25 Minutes to their patients and mostly see only 20-25 patients a Day. Here In government sector Doc dont have this luxury. If they are doing this in Private setups then they are involved in Malpractice and should be called out and dealt with.

Last edited:
Even few people says corona is hoax or propoganda. Few people love to live in delusion land/world

internet is full of such posts doctors killed our relatives . this jahil awam why go hospitals then ? everyday thousands of people die and most of them in hospitals . but our public have own level of ignorance
On one hand they says it was Allah’s will, on other hand they blame doctors for this.
Confused mindset.

Unless there is hard evidence that this particular patient was treated unfairly, badly or against reasonable protocols, I
There is.

Hence the outrage.

And others as well, all healthy and fine turning up dead a day later; one who was tested -ve also dead the same way.

Even few people says corona is hoax or propoganda. Few people love to live in delusion land/world
Few people who believe that Pakistani doctors are all saints are equally delusional if not less.

There is.

Hence the outrage.

And others as well, all healthy and fine turning up dead a day later; one who was tested -ve also dead the same way.

Few people who believe that Pakistani doctors are all saints are equally delusional if not less.
Well if the article is to be taken at face value, there are questions to be asked but it is entirely possible that the patient had clinical features of covid regardless of what the family say or believe is the case. There are literally no details in the article of use, other than the one-sided sensationalist story that is being projected.

You're right - the jury is still out. However, I can't see any details to settle the issue one way or another.

I'm far more concerned about media corruption and their desire to grab a quick headline than so called healthcare corruption in Pakistan.

dajaal Ki aik nishaani Yeh hogi k uske forehead PE kaafir likha hoga.unfortinately corona patient k forehead PE ye nae hota.corona test k result k aane Mein time lagta hai.so as a precautionary measure every patient with fever is now a days is considered corona unless proven otherwise.

Well if the article is to be taken at face value, there are questions to be asked but it is entirely possible that the patient had clinical features of covid regardless of what the family say or believe is the case. There are literally no details in the article of use, other than the one-sided sensationalist story that is being projected.

You're right - the jury is still out. However, I can't see any details to settle the issue one way or another.

I'm far more concerned about media corruption and their desire to grab a quick headline than so called healthcare corruption in Pakistan.
There are suspicious cases; that is the reason behind such outrage. That is not to deny the existence of corona but to highlight possible malpractice, neglect or corruption by a few doctors. Given the history of malpractice in Pakistan (injecting people with AIDS, putting stents in healthy people etc) the lack of trust and apprehension of the public is not entirely unfounded.

Back
Top Bottom