What's new

With Vietnam's economic advance comes stark income inequality

10 year ago, there was 5,000K VND/one piece of Gold. and now 35,000K VND/ for one piece. If my Papa is waiting until now he can buy for me at least two same size house for me. :angry:

Where in Hanoi ?

To avoid economy crisis, you need to have a competitive industry which is hard to replace.
So it can bring your income balance and avoid lack of foreign exchange.
Export cheap labor and import high value products won`t bring your much benefit.
China used to do that but now China has a more competitive industry in the world.
I guess touring, fishing, transportation could be key industries for Vietnam.
Farming and manufacturing could feed your people
Right, and we need abt 10 years to do it. Foreign companies shifted from China to VN will help us to get some $$$ to build a stronger key industry for VN.

But what transferred to Vietnam is still very low end industry which cannot survive the not so high salary in China.
You are still far away from a strong industry which China is now building,,

Right, and we need abt 10 years to do it. Foreign companies shifted from China to VN will help us to get some $$$ to build a stronger key industry for VN.

But what transferred to Vietnam is still very low end industry which cannot survive the not so high salary in China.
You are still far away from a strong industry which China is now building,,
when TPP come to reality, VN will get more tech transfer from JP which can help us to build a stronger industry while none TPP member like China will keep facing wt worsening economy since no one will buy its cheap products :pop:

You have said that many times but China is getting better and better..
You have nothing but cheaper labor...

when TPP come to reality, VN will get more tech transfer from JP which can help us to build a stronger industry while none TPP member like China will keep facing wt worsening economy since no one will buy its cheap products :pop:

No amount of money can afford you low-price commodities. It is the same reason African life had improve dramatically with the emergent of China.
so you want to tell me vietnam thanks china because we buy cheap commodities from you, and the africans should thank china because they sell cheap commodities to you.

haven´t you realized your logic sucks?

so you want to tell me vietnam thanks china because we buy cheap commodities from you, and the africans should thank china because they sell cheap commodities to you.

Thanks to customers are more logical.
Once before, cheap motorbikes from China entered Vietnam market.
After short time, they failed to compete and defeated by Japanese brands:

In year 2000 - 2001, I'm at frontier to observe Chinese merchandizers tried their best to lower the price in order to sell Vietnamese customers at 10 millions VND for 3 sets of motorbikes.

No one heard about Chinese motorbikes in Vietnam since then.

Cheap isn't always winner.

Last edited:

You need us more than we need you. Remember that.

Back
Top Bottom