What's new

With Rupee down the Indian GDP is down to US$1.68 trillion, China 5x larger

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteMansBurden

Reaction score
Indian rupee has declined further against the US dollar to Rs. 59.3 today. At this exchange rate, India's GDP is down to US$1.68 trillion, about $200 billion less than it was in Fiscal 2011-12.

India's economy grew by 5.0% in 2012-13, its slowest annual rate in a decade, down from 6.2% last fiscal year. In the fourth quarter ending in March, gross domestic product grew by 4.8% year-over-year, slightly higher than the previous quarter when it expanded by 4.5%, according to Indian government data.

China's GDP is on track to about US$8.1 trillion (not counting Hong Kong and Macau). China+Hong Kong and Macau is about five times the economy of India in nominal US$ GDP.

With Rupee down the Indian GDP is down to US$1.68 trillion, China is five times bigger in nominal GDP

Haq's Musings: India's GDP Shrank to $1.84 Trillion in 2012-13 in US Dollar Terms

Maybe this is a call to Indians. STOP declaring yourselves the world's new superpower.

Congratulations to my Chinese friends!

Why do you need to hide under a different flag though?

On another note, despite so much division of all sorts (political, sectarian, ethnic, linguistic and regional) within the Muslim world, the Muslim world (OIC members) have a total nominal GDP of around $7 trillion [± 7%, I reckon]

Remember, that $7 trillion figure does not include Nigeria, Bangladesh and many other countries' revised GDP based on updated base years, but 10-15 years old base years.

Imagine the potential if all Muslim countries unite to make the optimum use of their human resources (talented populations), natural resources, pool all their resources together for achieving economies of scale, and synergistic collaboration, then in view of the immense historical achievements, becoming the number 1 economy of the world should not take more than 5 years (i.e. IF the Muslims unite - which can only happen if Islamic Shariah is enforced).

Of course, that's bad news for the evil Kuffar (talking about the evil Kuffar only).

So, they plot, send their agents in disguise to create divisions, and stir up trouble.

The numbers in the article are slightly below the current ones.

Firstly, the Chinese nominal GDP is around $8.3 trillion based on last years data.

And the rupee is around 61 at the moment.

Congratulations to my Chinese friends!

Why do you need to hide under a different flag though?

On another note, despite so much division of all sorts (political, sectarian, ethnic, linguistic and regional) within the Muslim world, the Muslim world (OIC members) have a total nominal GDP of around $7 trillion [± 7%, I reckon]

Remember, that $7 trillion figure does not include Nigeria, Bangladesh and many other countries' revised GDP based on updated base years, but 10-15 years old base years.

Imagine the potential if all Muslim countries unite to make the optimum use of their human resources (talented populations), natural resources, pool all their resources together for achieving economies of scale, and synergistic collaboration, then in view of the immense historical achievements, becoming the number 1 economy of the world should not take more than 5 years (i.e. IF the Muslims unite - which can only happen if Islamic Shariah is enforced).

Of course, that's bad news for the evil Kuffar (talking about the evil Kuffar only).

So, they plot, send their agents in disguise to create divisions, and stir up trouble.

I'm not hiding under a flag, I didn't post this for the Chinese. I posted it for the Indians. :nana:

Indian economy is actually shrinking each year and without proper governance rupee will keep falling, NOTE TO indian, NO ponzi schemes can stop this kind of fall

Indian economy is actually shrinking each year and without proper governance rupee will keep falling, NOTE TO indian, NO ponzi schemes can stop this kind of fall

Yeah. Indian economy has been shrinking each year as you say. The numbers floating around are mythical.

For Indians, follow the Haq's musing link:
Haq's Musings: India's GDP Shrank to $1.84 Trillion in 2012-13 in US Dollar Terms

In the comment section, interesting debate on Indian debt, for those interested.

I think if Indians don't quickly get those White slave laborers they may have to enslave those poor Dravidians.

Did you join this site after watching the India 2030 video?

On topic, Indian rupee is dropping so much because of flight of wealth and the lack of trust in rupee by any Indians with any wealth.

I think if Indians don't quickly get those White slave laborers they may have to enslave those poor Dravidians.

Did you join this site after watching the India 2030 video?

:)

You see the same people trying to avenge their "Centuries of humiliation" by obsessing with some random "movie" (which was not even a movie).

It has permanently damaged some brains it would seem. ;)

Slightly more ambivalent, perhaps, is its fondness for one Goujian, a fifth-century BC king of the state of Yue. Having been captured by a rival ruler, the king of Wu, Goujian devoted himself to maintaining a duplicitous show of submissiveness: kowtowing before his conqueror, living amid piles of royal horse manure, even eating his captor’s excrement. Moved by Goujian’s capitulation, the king of Wu allowed him to return, a free man, to Yue. For the next twenty years, Goujian subjected himself to endless unpleasantnesses—spending his winters standing in cold water, hugging hot braziers in deep summer—in order to keep alive the memory of his humiliating discomforts in Wu and to feed his desire for revenge. He is renowned for sleeping on a bed of brushwood over which was suspended a bile-filled gallbladder which he would lick whenever he was in danger of forgetting his past bitterness. For some twenty years, he schemed and plotted until, finally, he succeeded in destroying Wu. The story of Goujian—much repeated through Chinese history but commemorated with particular intensity during the twentieth century—seems to highlight a Chinese interest in heroic attributes that are less than wholly wholesome: that are obsessed with humiliation, self-loathing, and vengefulness.

The China Beat · Book Review: China: The Pessoptimist Nation

Seems part of the Chinese culture. They seem to do well only under the Mongols or the Manchus or sundry other non Hans.

Now, I personally have nothing against China and the Chinese. I actually like the country and people and I have almost daily business dealings with them.

This is only for some people who behave as "India experts" for earning their noodles. They are beyond reason.

Total Ignorance. GDP is not calculated on daily dollar exchange basis but on long term average basis. India's rupee GDP is 114+ trillion now. So, it is $2 trillion as long as the average is about 57. But, average is lower than 57. Currency fluctuation is nothing new. As it goes around, also comes around. In June 2012 it was 57, some time after it was 49, in may 2013 it was 53 , in June 2013 it was almost 62, now it is 59.

And, by the way, why do you think India's GDP growth is static despite being world's 2nd fastest growing economy among major economies??? :azn:

Total Ignorance. GDP is not calculated on daily dollar exchange basis but on long term average basis. India's rupee GDP is 114+ trillion now. So, it is $2 trillion as long as the average is about 57. But, average is lower than 57. Currency fluctuation is nothing new. As it goes around, also comes around. In June 2012 it was 57, some time after it was 49, in may 2013 it was 53 , in June 2013 it was almost 62, now it is 59.

And, by the way, why do you think India's GDP growth is static despite being world's 2nd fastest growing economy among major economies??? :azn:

Is India still the 2nd fastest growing economy. India had lost this title to Indonesia.

A very clear explanation of China’s economic woes

Get your own house in order first.You too are in deep ****,ur govt hasn't admitted it yet.

LOL, so why are all the international credit agencies downgrading India to junk?

Why is FDI fleeing India and why is the rupee collapsing?

By the way, China's FDI just surged to the highest level it has been since 1997:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...n-direct-investment-surges-two-year-high.html

China foreign direct investment surges to two-year high

June inflow is the highest monthly total since 1997 with the economy on track to meet target

Thursday, 18 July, 2013

Nick Edwards

Foreign direct investment into the mainland saw its strongest surge in more than two years last month with the US$14.4 billion of capital committed leaving the world's second biggest economy firmly on track to meet the government's target of US$120 billion of inflows this year.

So sorry, the global investors don't believe that India is more stable than China, since they are pulling out and causing your currency to collapse. While the Chinese Yuan has been rising steadily against the dollar for the entire past decade.

Is India still the 2nd fastest growing economy. India had lost this title to Indonesia.
Only for a few quarters.Indonesia can not hold the title of being 2nd even for the next 2/3 quarters. And as far as long term history is concerned,( say 10 years) Indonesia does not even come near to India in growth prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom